How cool would it be if we had a Texas vs Louisiana Opening Season Classic

You know, I was wondering the other day if SETXSports would ever expand into Southwest Louisiana.

I think it would be really cool to see an opening season classic between teams from the two states, but I don't know that you would be able to use the college stadiums just because of their schedules.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1255612" timestamp="1346387619"]
You know, I was wondering the other day if SETXSports would ever expand into Southwest Louisiana.

I think it would be really cool to see an opening season classic between teams from the two states, but I don't know that you would be able to use the college stadiums just because of their schedules.
[/quote]Thats why im saying alternate the stadiums. Woodard said he would like to open the season with McNeese so that leaves one of the stadiums open that particular weekend.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1255615" timestamp="1346387748"]
Thats why im saying alternate the stadiums. Woodard said he would like to open the season with McNeese so that leaves one of the stadiums open that particular weekend.
[/quote]

Ah. I did not know that. It might be feasible then.

I don't know much about Louisiana schools, but I would imagine their classifications are different than ours. How would that be accounted for?

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1255616" timestamp="1346387836"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102277.msg1255615#msg1255615 date=1346387748]
Thats why im saying alternate the stadiums. Woodard said he would like to open the season with McNeese so that leaves one of the stadiums open that particular weekend.
[/quote]

I don't know much about Louisiana schools, but I would imagine their classifications are different than ours. How would that be accounted for?
[/quote]The 5A and 4A schools could match up together. I remember Kelly playing Sulphur a while back and Sulphur is 5A over there (when they played Kelly they were)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1255616" timestamp="1346387836"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102277.msg1255615#msg1255615 date=1346387748]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, what is a bigger obstacle to such a showcase is the realignment cycles more than anything.  Texas and Louisiana are out of sequence (Texas realigns in even years...Louisiana in odd years).  Which means someone would be scrambling for an opponent.  That is tougher than we all know.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1255622" timestamp="1346388191"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102277.msg1255616#msg1255616 date=1346387836]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, what is a bigger obstacle to such a showcase is the realignment cycles more than anything.  Texas and Louisiana are out of sequence [b](Texas realigns in even years...Louisiana in odd years)[/b]  Which means someone would be scrambling for an opponent.  That is tougher than we all know.
[/quote]I did not know that. Thats weird.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1255624" timestamp="1346388315"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=102277.msg1255622#msg1255622 date=1346388191]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102277.msg1255616#msg1255616 date=1346387836]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, what is a bigger obstacle to such a showcase is the realignment cycles more than anything.  Texas and Louisiana are out of sequence [b](Texas realigns in even years...Louisiana in odd years)[/b]  Which means someone would be scrambling for an opponent.  That is tougher than we all know.
[/quote]I did not know that. Thats weird.
[/quote]

Neither did I. Learn something new every day.

You won't get many quality teams in Lake Charles area unless you get towards Lafayette, New Orleans, or north towards Shreveport. A fews years back after Katrina, I would've put South Plaquemines HS against any team in this area and they were only 1A. The kids from New Orleans moved down to Plaquemines and they ran the table beating 5A schools.

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1255788" timestamp="1346421903"]
I would be interested in seeing one of the best Texas 5a teams against West Monroe LA rebels. My wife is from that town when we went I was amazed at all the state Championships they have.
[/quote]I wouldnt play West Monroe [b]inside[/b] Louisiana IMO.  ;)

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1255778" timestamp="1346421307"]
You won't get many quality teams in Lake Charles area unless you get towards Lafayette, New Orleans, or north towards Shreveport. A fews years back after Katrina, I would've put South Plaquemines HS against any team in this area and they were only 1A. The kids from New Orleans moved down to Plaquemines and they ran the table beating 5A schools.
[/quote]only LC team that was good when i was in school was Washington-Marion and Barbe High. LaGrange had some players too.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1255921" timestamp="1346428571"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=102277.msg1255910#msg1255910 date=1346428267]
I wuz thinking Iraq/Israel should play football instead of fighting.Then someone asked"If Iraq attacked Israel from the rear did I think Greece would help"
[/quote]
That's awesome!!! Post of the year so far!!!
[/quote]I second that! ;D ;D

Rules have changed in Louisiana so seeing a Louisiana school playing Texas schools probably wont occur very often
The LA Schools run a "power ranking system" to align the top 32 teams for the playoffs so playing Texas schools give them Zero points.
Its the same for high school baseball, so doubt this is something that would occur because La high schools need those points each Friday night and heading to play Tx schools doesnt benefit them point wise.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1255778" timestamp="1346421307"]
[/quote]

theres some good small school football in lake charles and by small school i mean 1/2a.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder