Coldspring @ C.E. King Predictions

T-Dawd

Guest octfeb
[quote name="kneebraceace" post="1251679" timestamp="1345996896"]
[b]C.E. King tries every year but they always fall short! [/b] Give it to Coldsprings. They have the Pullen curse!!  HA
[/quote] That may be... But they have a New HC (Price) Who used to be at BH And Coach Jones who used to be @ Dayton.... Im still going with King... I think they will surprise some folks this year.....

[quote name="octfeb" post="1251704" timestamp="1345998847"]
[quote author=kneebraceace link=topic=102091.msg1251679#msg1251679 date=1345996896]
[b]C.E. King tries every year but they always fall short! [/b] Give it to Coldsprings. They have the Pullen curse!!  HA
[/quote] That may be... But they have a New HC (Price) Who used to be at BH And Coach Jones who used to be @ Dayton.... Im still going with King... I think they will surprise some folks this year.....
[/quote]I know who those coaches are but not to sure it's gonna show this year. They lost some descent boys on defense.

Watchful eye will be on King to see if new coaching w/talented kids have made decisions to put in the work and follow the program 100%.This game will let them know where they are.CS will bring it,hoping King can stay close.It's always 1 of the teams we know nothing about that were once a powerhouse of talent.King losses their composure it will be ugly for da Panthers 8)

Coldspring: something like 15 starters returning from a semi-state finalist. Lost their top two RBs but have lots coming back otherwise.

King: new coach, some talent, but look pretty unorganized in its scrimmage last Friday.

Coldspring will start just like they did last year -- winning 40-somthing to some-teen.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1252290" timestamp="1346064515"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=102091.msg1252254#msg1252254 date=1346043679]
Coldspring 42
C.E. King  14
[/quote]Thats just mean  :)
[/quote]

My logic.... 

[b]Coldspring-[/b] a dominate, experienced team that has already destroyed 2 different 4A schools. (IMO, both were better than King too)

[b]C.E. King-[/b] an undisciplened team with a new coach isn't a good combination.  (Especially when they play a team as good as Coldspring) King will improve this year, but it won't happen over night.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1252303" timestamp="1346069641"]
Coldspring: something like 15 starters returning from a semi-state finalist. Lost their top two RBs but have lots coming back otherwise.

King: new coach, some talent, but look pretty unorganized in its scrimmage last Friday.

Coldspring will start just like they did last year -- winning 40-somthing to some-teen.
[/quote]I have to agree with you RH... King looked very bad in the scrimmage with Manvel. Alot to a little bit COLDSPRING!!

Guest TrojanMan91
Coldspring ALL they way in this game. I looked at the previous years and upcoming year of King, doesn't look good. Got to keep the Trojan Tradition alive.. Coldspring 60 C.E. King 21

Guest octfeb
[quote name="liltex" post="1252386" timestamp="1346076398"]
Hey songone fill us in on the Manvel/King scrimm.In your opinion in the scrimm vs Brenham,how did King compare?Thanks
[/quote] Yeah I would like to know too please  :)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1252454" timestamp="1346079275"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=102091.msg1252386#msg1252386 date=1346076398]
Hey songone fill us in on the Manvel/King scrimm.In your opinion in the scrimm vs Brenham,how did King compare?Thanks
[/quote] Yeah I would like to know too please  :)
[/quote]

Not songone, but I was at the Manvel/King scrimmage on Friday. Going by brenhamfan's play-by-play on the Manvel/Brenham scrimmage.

King: about 50 offensive plays, about 100 yards offense. Half the plays were for 0 or negative yards. Only two plays over 10 yards (longest was 12). About 7 for 20 passing. About a half-dozen sacks given up. Running game struggled. No TDs.

Brenham put together some good drives. Had some big offensive plays with over a dozen plays of greater than 10 yards, including 7 over 20 yards. Passing game was spotty but had a few long gains plays. Running game seemed solid. Pretty balanced offense. Scored three TDs.

[quote name="liltex" post="1252386" timestamp="1346076398"]
[/quote]Sorry I'm a little late... But RH is right on in his post, comparing the two. 
IMO You can see Brenham is a few slots, practices away from being on point.  But King is terrible... Flat out, terrible!  Sorry for being so honest.

I say 3A or not Coldspring is just too good on defense for King. I give it to Coldspring 42-14. Oh and the offesne is not too shabby either. They have put up big numbers in the scrimmages. Coldspring should be back to Dallas this year. They are really doing something right over there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33