PN-G/Texas City Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1250777" timestamp="1345864713"]
Remember the QB remark i made about PNG on a previous thread? I wasnt talking bout Smith.  ;) That Soph might need to get in there a little bit from what i hear.
[/quote]

They then need to transfer their scraps to Nederland because they need all the help they can get....... ;D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1250814" timestamp="1345866154"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102008.msg1250777#msg1250777 date=1345864713]
Remember the QB remark i made about PNG on a previous thread? I wasnt talking bout Smith.  ;) That Soph might need to get in there a little bit from what i hear.
[/quote]

They then need to transfer their scraps to Nederland because they need all the help they can get....... ;D
[/quote]

Dear God, of the heavens and the earth, if it's in the cards for Nederland to make the playoffs this year... please oh please I BEG you, PLEASE, let us play the HILL.  We have some bidness to take care of.... this is my only plea.  Help us... again if we are lucky enough to squeek in.

Just got in and i am overall pleased. It was more of an indication of how good Texas City is going to be rather than how flat the Indians looked at times.

TC has a solid quarterback, a super fast running back and a sure handed receiver with quickness and speed. They are also running an offense that displays their talent rather efffectively. TC defense was quick to the ball and wrapped up well. I'm excited to see how they do this year.

Offensively the Indians were very vanilla. They ran the ball average and completed most of their passes. Most passes were short to moderate designed plays to help the QB get his rhythm. They had some hiccups though as would any team with little experience. Execution problems and a feisty defense will throw any team off. The QB played very well. He ran hard and completed most passes. I say he's coming along and is ready to lead. Defensively, the opposition's speed and quickness was too much to handle at times. They gave up a couple big plays but once they dig in, I think they will be great.  I  think the NDN defense will be alright and come into their own once they get settled down in the season. I'm excited to see this team grow from week to week. It's going to be a great season of football!

I wish I could share your enthusiasium! We have a lot of work to do. I'm not positive but I'm almost sure that the offense was different from what we usually run.  The lil short dinky dink passes ain't gonna cut it! Our running backs aren't like what we have been spoiled with as of late. Although corbin coy showed some nifty lil moves in that hurry up offense. Which totally had texas city in utter chaos! Moved the ball all the way down to the two yard line before getting hit with the rediculous personal foul!. Realisticly I guess we didn't look too bad now that I'm fubared and the room is spinning ;-) . I thought the walker kid moved ball fairly decent! Texas city had a nifty big runningback that made one hech of a move that almost broke my neck watching him cut back against the grain. They had good size and speed no doubt. The long pass with the wind that the receiver caught was nice up until he taunted our conerback, kind of trashy behavior from the receiver but I guess it is all good in the hood. I think they did average considering what their record was as eigth graders. In my opinion are we looking for a district title, my answer is no! Will we make the playoffs ????? With some hard work its possible. Good to see none of our kids got hurt. Guess we will have to take this one on the chin. Just looking on the outside in, we won't be able to run inside against nederland , they are too big up front. But like them our secondary needs some attention in open space. The bootleg pass to the outside wore us a new one, this could be a big problem with anyone we face that can play throw and catch. Overall I would give them a D- both on offense and defense.

I have a feeling that come Monday these boys are gonna be working their butts off. Wouldn't surprise me if the coaches aren't up at the field house watching video right now. I do know that every year Faircloth only runs the same 8-10 offensive plays and the D only runs a few stunts. As ref above, vanilla. I heard we also had a TD called back from a pass play or was that the same play the penalty was called on ?

alright. Talked to some of the players on varsity. Said they did get into the red zone several times and then were backed up because of penalties. When they were at the 2 they had 3 penalties in a row. Not making excuses. Boys are very frustrated about last night. They were talking already about Monday's practice how things are going to get alot more intense and focused. Said they know they will be working on the tackling circuit alot. Glad that the players know what they feel like they need to be working on. I'm sure the coaches in the team room Monday will make it very clear. They said first team didn't play the entire controlled scrimmage either. Also Womack didn't play much due to a foot injury.
At this time of the season every team has alot to work on. At least the issues can be seen and worked on before the games really count.

i know the rb and wr that play for texas city and they are twins. they play football all year around. they are the foreman brothers. been playing and starting on varsity since they were freshman.

pn-g will be okay. i think they have to improve as the season goes along. they are a playoff teamif they can shake the injury bug.

Yep penalties stopped us every time, but that is what the scrimmage is for to spot and overcome these issues. I think with hard work they will get it together. We can move the ball on offense,  but the defense will have to pick it up a notch. I think come fridaywith the crowd behind them I hope to see big things to open the season with a win!

Guest spmorse1976
[quote name="Valentinetx" post="1251377" timestamp="1345946959"]
I heard today that the freshman QB Morris got to throw some in varsity game last night. How did he look?
[/quote]Yes, Morse got to run the 3rd Offense and did good. He went 3 for 4 and had 1 run for 11 yds.

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1252486" timestamp="1346080828"]
Morse is a great athlete and an even better kid. The future looks bright.
[/quote]

Looking for big things in the next three years from this young man!

[quote name="png94" post="1252455" timestamp="1346079574"]
[quote author=Valentinetx link=topic=102008.msg1251377#msg1251377 date=1345946959]
I heard today that the freshman QB Morris got to throw some in varsity game last night. How did he look?
[/quote]Yes, Morse got to run the 3rd Offense and did good. He went 3 for 4 and had 1 run for 11 yds.
[/quote]

Against a 3rd string defense ?

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1252539" timestamp="1346083861"]
[quote author=PinoNDN link=topic=102008.msg1252486#msg1252486 date=1346080828]
Morse is a great athlete and an even better kid. The future looks bright.
[/quote]

Looking for big things in the next three years from this young man!
[/quote]
No doubt! If we can get through a couple challenging years for the next two, things will get real good.

Wow. Can't believe what I'm reading. Sounds like the horse has been put out to pasture regarding this year's team. There is a lot of talent on the field this year. These boys who are seniors have been in faircloths system since their freshmen year. I feel attention needs to be given to this year's team and not the ones coming up for the next 2-3 year's.  This team will be contenders for a district title. They are very committed to the system and know how to work hard and make things happen. 

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1252552" timestamp="1346085063"]
[quote author=png94 link=topic=102008.msg1252455#msg1252455 date=1346079574]
[quote author=Valentinetx link=topic=102008.msg1251377#msg1251377 date=1345946959]
[/quote]

[b]Against a 3rd string defense [/b] ?
[/quote]

Yep..  he was getting prepared for the Lumberton team this year.  ::)

Sometimes you hear what you want and sometimes you don't.I hope you are right. But I do have a lot of faith in the coaches offensive system. Its the defense that scares the hell out of me. We aren't big on defense, but we do have some speed. Hopefully these kids have matured under his system. I'm sure this team will get some attention, just don't get upset if it is more negative then positive. It could be a dissapointing year, just saying.

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="pngfan66" post="1252612" timestamp="1346088842"]
Wow. Can't believe what I'm reading. Sounds like the horse has been put out to pasture regarding this year's team. There is a lot of talent on the field this year. These boys who are seniors have been in faircloths system since their freshmen year. I feel attention needs to be given to this year's team and not the ones coming up for the next 2-3 year's.  This team will be contenders for a district title. They are very committed to the system and know how to work hard and make things happen.
[/quote]

No disrespect meant towards this years team.  Was only giving a shout out to Morris.

Didn't make the scrimmage myself, but from what i heard from more than 3 others is that this team is in for a long season....just not up to speed in so many key areas & really not enough depth to make a push at the top teir of the district. Albeit the district in a whole will be down period other than that school across the tracks that has a ton of talent coming back. (hard to admit)

#longnightsattherez

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho