Huntington/Kirbyville Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has their own opinions...here is mine

Scrimmages are hard to judge as far as "winning and losing". The goal for a good team is to work on their teams game. Who knows if when your team has their "first squad" or "second squad" on the field it's actually the first or second squad. This even gets more confusing when small schools play each other (Kirbyville and Huntington) because of the number of kids on each team. I'm sure you all follow and would agree with me on this one. I could continue on with "still trying to fit certain players in positions" ect but I think y'all get the point.

Where my opinion comes in is where by the end of the second scrimmage you want your team going into week 0 with confidence. I am not from Kirbyville (even though that's where my family is from) but I would image they wanted to be on top of Huntington by more than 6 at the end of live play.

Kville definitely has some kids that can go and I think they will continue to improve as the year goes on, and their offense is hard for opponents to replicate in practice. 

Huntington does have young players but so does everyone else. They are getting better and like I said earlier in the week they are not the Huntington of the past (and I would say the folks from Kirbyville would agree)

Good luck to Kville on their season.

Kville looked much better on d.  Huntington did look improved and a little more athletic than previous years.  Still huntington though.  Kville pmoved the ball well and scored 4 or 5 times during controlled scrimmage to none for hntington.  During live play there was alot of younger kids playin and both scored and was pretty even matched.  Kville still trying to learn u can tell and givin up some big plays on misreads. 

I know theres a ton of people out there now that have no intrest in the success of this program but rather just waitin for thier chance to bash and laugh at the players.  I get that and just ask u remember the kids actually read this too and its not thier fault.  They dont deserve that they actually do work hard give everything they can.  I blame this partly on you kvillecats.  I know u think ur supporting the program but when ur support is to the point that half of southeast texas is wanting the cats to fail now and bashing our boys is that really support???

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="rykerx144" post="1250963" timestamp="1345906540"]
Kville looked much better on d.  Huntington did look improved and a little more athletic than previous years.  Still huntington though.  Kville pmoved the ball well and scored 4 or 5 times during controlled scrimmage to none for hntington.  During live play there was alot of younger kids playin and both scored and was pretty even matched.  Kville still trying to learn u can tell and givin up some big plays on misreads. 

I know theres a ton of people out there now that have no intrest in the success of this program but rather just waitin for thier chance to bash and laugh at the players.  I get that and just ask u remember the kids actually read this too and its not thier fault.  They dont deserve that they actually do work hard give everything they can.  I blame this partly on you kvillecats.  I know u think ur supporting the program but when ur support is to the point that half of southeast texas is wanting the cats to fail now and bashing our boys is that really support???
[/quote]

Great stuff, Ryker!!  I will sincerely try to keep this in mind for the Kirbyville players. :-[

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1250963" timestamp="1345906540"]

[/quote]I for one would very much like to see KV have a great year and hope that Does happen. But Kvillecats is messing that all up for yall. Hes putting a target on your young men by the way he posts on here. Im sure everything said is pointed at him rather than the team. Good luck to KV for the year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder