Any news on Burkeville?

Just my opinion....the athletes that Burkeville had all moved to Jasper and Newton after the storm...or so I was once told from someone who lives there. He claims that they really have not had any true decent football players (college material) since before the storm. I wish them well but I am afraid the hard times continue this year. Maybe one day that talent they had 10 or 20 years ago will return.

[quote name="Howard" post="1248335" timestamp="1345585487"]
Just my opinion....the athletes that Burkeville had all moved to Jasper and Newton after the storm...or so I was once told from someone who lives there. He claims that they really have not had any true decent football players (college material) since before the storm. I wish them well but I am afraid the hard times continue this year. Maybe one day that talent they had 10 or 20 years ago will return.
[/quote]
Don't believe everything your told. I've heard this before about the talent coming to Newton and it's not true. Economics have caused many to move from East Texas as the wood industry jobs dried up. Just moving to Newton or Jasper would not have helped. Few jobs there as well. Poor coaching has not helped Burkeville in the recent past.

You can take it for what it's worth but the c/o 2011 had a pretty decent team they only lost 3 games that year and did have scouts wanting 4 or 5 of them to come play, I know because I was one of them. We were never told about this though because our coach turned them away and said we wasn't worth it. I'm not sure how well they will do and I understand where you all are coming from but they do have an amazing coaching staff this year. The head coach played middle linebacker for LSU and one more D1 TCU I presume but not entirely sure?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1249376" timestamp="1345752348"]
You can take it for what it's worth but the c/o 2011 had a pretty decent team they only lost 3 games that year and did have scouts wanting 4 or 5 of them to come play, I know because I was one of them. We were never told about this though because our coach turned them away and said we wasn't worth it. I'm not sure how well they will do and I understand where you all are coming from but they do have an amazing coaching staff this year. The head coach played middle linebacker for LSU and one more D1 TCU I presume but not entirely sure?
[/quote]

And now I have seen why God created punctuation. 8)

Hmmm..the archives say Burkeville in 2010- 2011 lost 5 games and was beat very bad in the first round of the playoffs. I seriously doubt that they had 4 or 5 players that scouts wanted. Wow...you must hate your coach for bashing him that way too! I see that Hamilton was the head coach at the time. That is a shame regardless of what you think of him. College level players viewed by scouts are recognized for what they do on the field and if they are good enough then most of the time they are offered at least a partial scholarship. I also see that there were no All- State players on that team from Burkeville. No All-State players and 4 or 5 were wanted by college scouts from a 1A school???? That is absolutely ludicrous. Maybe you were college level material in your own mind, that makes more sense to me. Anyways good luck to the Mustangs this year.

Burkeville hasn't had a college level player since early 2000,  the school has been hurt by dropping enrollment and losing teachers among other things.  I wish they would get back to the winning tradition but the district has bigger issues than football.  I know a lot of people wouldn't like it but i would go six man or just drop football temporarily.

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1256656" timestamp="1346460869"]
I love when Howard comments on posts. #1 he does nothing but bash Burkeville, guess he wanted to play for them and was cut. #2 It shows how ignorant of a person he actually is! ;) Hey look I used these ,,,... aha ;)
[/quote]
He does it for a response and you took the bait. Everyone knows hes not a fan of Burkeville. 

I dont do it for a response..I could care less what you or anyone in Burkeville thinks about me. I just speak my mind, good or bad, on various topics that I choose. I am so sorry that your feelings were hurt u_dont_know_me. Lol..but stats are stats and I was just saying that Burkeville has not had a player in years that would even come close to college. I remember that they once had great teams. For you to bash your coach like that too is really disturbing to me. But, I will be the nicer person and say good luck to you and the Mustangs in the future. I hope they win state and you make it to Notre Dame.

>:( >:( All kids are relevant no matter what classification of football they play. Please keep your insultive comments to yourself!!! and not on this board >:( >:(

By the way Burkville does have a pretty impressive running back this year # 5. The kid is stocky, quick, and runs between the tackles very hard. They look better than I've seen them look in a long time. Kuddos to the coaching staff and athletes for the improvement. Burkville is also a very classy team, they met at the 50 yard line following their loss to WH and both teams had a moment of prayer.. Good job boys!!!

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1258668" timestamp="1346566074"]
Nobody cares about burkeville so just accept it. 1A is not real football and everyone knows that so shut up and if Burkeville had 4 players recruited they wouldn't have got smoked in the 1st round of the playoffs. Burkeville= irrelavent
[/quote]

Teamlast,  the next time that you have a stupid, demeaning comment to make like this,  why not just keep it to yourself.  We don't need that type of dialogue.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1259083" timestamp="1346626371"]
[quote author=Teamlast link=topic=101820.msg1258668#msg1258668 date=1346566074]
Nobody cares about burkeville so just accept it. 1A is not real football and everyone knows that so shut up and if Burkeville had 4 players recruited they wouldn't have got smoked in the 1st round of the playoffs. Burkeville= irrelavent
[/quote]

Teamlast,  the next time that you have a stupid, demeaning comment to make like this,  why not just keep it to yourself.  We don't need that type of dialogue.
[/quote]
Amen, PNG Proud! Well said.

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1258668" timestamp="1346566074"]
[/quote] Quite possibly the most immature post I've ever read on here....Good luck  to the Mustangs and Burkeville community....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder