Jasper/Marshall Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

A Maverick fans take on the game...

Marshall ended up getting manhandled 4 td's to 0. Jaspers 1's and 2's each had 2 scores from what I remember. It looked as though Jasper had experience on the O and D line. Thats where Marshall struggled for the most part with all the new starters. I agree that Marshall needs to switch to a 4-3 or 4-2 to have a chance against running teams. There were way too many holes in that 3 man front. When their rb's got to the second and third levels, Marshall could not make the open field tackle to save their lives. Yards after 1st hit had to have been off the charts for Jasper. Mavs offense got a couple nice runs and passes in, but overall could not move the chains consistently due to struggles with the O-line. I would have liked to have seen the Freshman Qb play with the first team a couple series. It would have taken a 1 step drop to get the ball off with the back up offensive line. He took some viscous hits and popped up nicely like it didnt faze him. I don't think he even got 1 pass off. I think this team can win a few games if they hang in there and progress as the season goes along. Too many new faces and playbooks this early in the football season.

>>>
Probably shouldn't read too much into a scrimmage, but it is always good to play well out of the box.  Marshall struggled last year but is picked to finish third in their district so they are a decent team to scrimmage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder