Ready for Hull-Daisetta vs. Hardin Aug 31st VOTE NOW!!

Who wins the season opener between HD and Hardin??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the season opener between HD and Hardin??

• Hull-Daisetta Bobcats
    • Hardin Hornets
    • Neither

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broom I was not gonna comment on this thread. But it has just been so exciting in Daisetta the last 4 months, with the Finney hire. Hull-Daisetta has one of the richest football traditions in SE Texas and a sleeping giant has been awakened. Coach Finney has made it a mission to search out every once of genes and DNA from the monsters of the big thicket blood lines, to rekindle the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat fire that has burned so bright in SE Texas since the 30's. To see almost every able body kid playing ball is a true blessing. I don't want to predict any games this season, all I know is this ain't gonna be the Bobcats of the last 5 years. I would not want to play against Finney and his team. Going to be super exciting! Hardin will be one of many faceless opponents, that just happen to draw the short end of the straw. Go Bobcats! Dave Campbell and the people voting up above, have put us right where we want to be.  ;) 8)

Guest incognito123
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1235926" timestamp="1342309172"]
Broom I was not gonna comment on this thread. But it has just been so exciting in Daisetta the last 4 months, with the Finney hire. Hull-Daisetta has one of the richest football traditions in SE Texas and a sleeping giant has been awakened. Coach Finney has made it a mission to search out every once of genes and DNA from the monsters of the big thicket blood lines, to rekindle the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat fire that has burned so bright in SE Texas since the 30's. To see almost every able body kid playing ball is a true blessing. I don't want to predict any games this season, all I know is this ain't gonna be the Bobcats of the last 5 years. I would not want to play against Finney and his team. Going to be super exciting! Hardin will be one of many faceless opponents, that just happen to draw the short end of the straw. Go Bobcats! Dave Campbell and the people voting up above, have put us right where we want to be.  ;) 8)
[/quote]

Big Chad....this may be your best post ever!  I found it crazy amusing!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1236033" timestamp="1342378519"]
Glad I could make yall smile. And negative ghost rider, this years H-D Bobcats will not be terrible. I will remind you at the end of the season.  ;) 8)
[/quote]

I'm just curious but define "not terrible" for me.  Even if let's say you go 10-0, who on your schedule will be a quality win? And will it matter when you get beat in the second round by Alto or San Augustine?  Because let's just be honest...that schedule isn't much to brag about.  Lovelady is probably the best team on there and if I remember correctly they lost some good talent to graduation.  Your 2A opponents are consistently sitting at home come playoff time.  And your district opponents haven't been to good when they are in the playoffs. 

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1236077" timestamp="1342389610"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100975.msg1236033#msg1236033 date=1342378519]
Glad I could make yall smile. And negative ghost rider, this years H-D Bobcats will not be terrible. I will remind you at the end of the season.  ;) 8)
[/quote]

I'm just curious but define "not terrible" for me.  Even if let's say you go 10-0, who on your schedule will be a quality win? And will it matter when you get beat in the second round by Alto or San Augustine?  Because let's just be honest...that schedule isn't much to brag about.  Lovelady is probably the best team on there and if I remember correctly they lost some good talent to graduation.  Your 2A opponents are consistently sitting at home come playoff time.  And your district opponents haven't been to good when they are in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Exactly, HD will not beat West Sabine if they happen to get them either. They have no prayer against San Augustine or Alto. SA will have 5-7 faster players on JV than HD will anywhere in the program. HD will not beat Lovelady either.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1236101" timestamp="1342394702"]
[quote author=tigerheart link=topic=100975.msg1236077#msg1236077 date=1342389610]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100975.msg1236033#msg1236033 date=1342378519]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, HD will not beat West Sabine if they happen to get them either. They have no prayer against San Augustine or Alto. SA will have 5-7 faster players on JV than HD will anywhere in the program. HD will not beat Lovelady either.
[/quote]

You know what, haters are gonna hate, and that's what ya'll chose to do. That's perfectly fine and you can express your opinions if you want. The way I look at it, HD could have taken the route of scheduling a bunch of tiny 1A schools (sabine pass, high island etc.) and a couple Christian schools to beat down during preseason, but they chose to play Hardin, Kountze, and Deweyville. Maybe they aren't perennial playoff teams, but each of those schools are a higher classification, and when you play and beat a school with twice the amount of kids that you have in your school, that is a challenge, and also an accomplishment. Groveton is another 2A school and despite being down last year, we all know that they are playing in December most of the time. Lovelady was a 12-2 regional finalist in 1A DI last year so no cupcake there. Normangee is a another 1A playoff team. HD can't pick their district, but they play a decent schedule leading up to it. And as far as San Augustine having 5-7 kids on JV faster than anyone HD has, stop smoking the pipe bro. If you are that intent on hating on Hull-Daisetta to say something that senseless, then you will deserve the biggest pile of crow that will be served after this season. I promise you, it doesn't matter if it's Alto, San Augustine, Mart, Price Carlisle or anyone else in 1A D1 Region III, HD will be ready for them. They will not be a push-over and they will believe they can and will win that game. I'm letting the Jackets and Wolves know right now that HD ain't no punk anymore. When we finish 8-2, 9-1, or 10-0, talk to me then. We'll be ready. They better. And they may wanna go ahead and move those 5-7 JV kids up come playoff time.... trust me, they're gonna need 'em!!

Go Bobcats!!!

Very good points, I can see why yall would think these things. Normangee, Lovelady and Groveton will be good ways to prove our worth. I can see HD going anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0. And I really believe Alto and San Augustine are beatable. Seems like HD has always over the years, been dealt one of the best teams in state in the first round. Used to always be Groveton or Alto in the first round. Some teams every year play very weak teams in the early rounds. Basicly some very good H-D teams in the past were beat in the first rounds by state champs, teams that go to semi finals or very deep. And Falcon don't be so sure about HD being slow footed. If you knew what I know, that statement would not have been made.  ;) HD will suprise and dominate this year.  8) Who messed with the poll?

[quote name="89falcon" post="1236101" timestamp="1342394702"]
[quote author=tigerheart link=topic=100975.msg1236077#msg1236077 date=1342389610]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]This dude is a clown. lol  ;D Huffman been huffing that good stuff. Hope our Harrell boys from HD help Huffman have their 9th winning season in school history.  ;D lol EMBARRASSING!!  ::)

Guest incognito123
The way these guys talk I'm wondering if Brian Gamble is still playing for Alto?  Sheesh, they're beatable, and the Cats will be doing the beating!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1236164" timestamp="1342406209"]
Very good points, I can see why yall would think these things. Normangee, Lovelady and Groveton will be good ways to prove our worth. I can see HD going anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0. And I really believe Alto and San Augustine are beatable. Seems like HD has always over the years, been dealt one of the best teams in state in the first round. Used to always be Groveton or Alto in the first round. Some teams every year play very weak teams in the early rounds. Basicly some very good H-D teams in the past were beat in the first rounds by state champs, teams that go to semi finals or very deep. And Falcon don't be so sure about HD being slow footed. If you knew what I know, that statement would not have been made.  ;) HD will suprise and dominate this year.  8) Who messed with the poll?
[/quote]

55 I will give you this.  Coach Finney was a great hire for Hull-Daisetta he is only going to help the program.  And I agree with you that Normangee, Lovelady and Groveton are good games for you.  I think with Coach Finney at the helm HD is a solid playoff pick out of that district.  But here's the problem...if you finish 1st or 2nd in district (which I think you will) you are going to play Alto or San Augustine in the 2nd round.  If we're being realistic, those teams are going to be favored.  The have size, they have speed, they have experience.  Yes they are beatable, but the chances of that happening (unless your name is Mart, in which case i say its 50/50) are slim.  So i'm just asking, what will Hull-Daisetta call "successful" this year? 

And To HDBobcat9, your right your schedule is an improvement.  Still no barn-burner by any means, but an improvement.  There isn't a team on that schedule though that will prepare you for what you are going to see with Alto, Mart or San Augustine.  Those three have speed coming out of their ears, size, experience and great coaching.  But I'm asking you the same question, what will Hull-Daisetta call a "successful" year?  If you go 8-2 or 10-0 and then lose in your first or second round playoff game, is it successful?

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1235926" timestamp="1342309172"]
Broom I was not gonna comment on this thread. But it has just been so exciting in Daisetta the last 4 months, with the Finney hire. Hull-Daisetta has one of the richest football traditions in SE Texas and a sleeping giant has been awakened. [b]Coach Finney has made it a mission to search out every once of genes and DNA[/b] from the monsters of the big thicket blood lines, to rekindle the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat fire that has burned so bright in SE Texas since the 30's. To see almost every able body kid playing ball is a true blessing. I don't want to predict any games this season, all I know is this ain't gonna be the Bobcats of the last 5 years. I would not want to play against Finney and his team. Going to be super exciting! Hardin will be one of many faceless opponents, that just happen to draw the short end of the straw. Go Bobcats! Dave Campbell and the people voting up above, have put us right where we want to be.  ;) 8)
[/quote]
I can't believe this little nugget of a quote has not been commented on

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1236225" timestamp="1342444068"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100975.msg1235926#msg1235926 date=1342309172]
Broom I was not gonna comment on this thread. But it has just been so exciting in Daisetta the last 4 months, with the Finney hire. Hull-Daisetta has one of the richest football traditions in SE Texas and a sleeping giant has been awakened. [b]Coach Finney has made it a mission to search out every once of genes and DNA[/b] from the monsters of the big thicket blood lines, to rekindle the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat fire that has burned so bright in SE Texas since the 30's. To see almost every able body kid playing ball is a true blessing. I don't want to predict any games this season, all I know is this ain't gonna be the Bobcats of the last 5 years. I would not want to play against Finney and his team. Going to be super exciting! Hardin will be one of many faceless opponents, that just happen to draw the short end of the straw. Go Bobcats! Dave Campbell and the people voting up above, have put us right where we want to be.  ;) 8)
[/quote]
I can't believe this little nugget of a quote has not been commented on
[/quote]

I saw him downtown (or at the stop sign for those not familiar with the area)  with binoculars and a clpboard.  He says he was lookin for mullets and pearl button shirts.  Dunno?

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1236191" timestamp="1342418638"]
SA is beatable...but not by HD...not this year..sorry guys!
[/quote]

Luckily we're not playing them in 7 on 7. Full contact, best 11 on the field, HD can beat SA. It would no doubt be an upset, but they are beatable.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1236295" timestamp="1342457620"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=100975.msg1236191#msg1236191 date=1342418638]
[/quote]

Luckily we're not playing them in 7 on 7. Full contact, best 11 on the field, HD can beat SA. It would no doubt be an upset, but they are beatable.
[/quote]

I didnt say anything about 7 on 7....SA wins 50 out if 50 games if they played each other 50 times this year

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1236295" timestamp="1342457620"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=100975.msg1236191#msg1236191 date=1342418638]
[/quote]

[/quote]
HD can not beat SA under any circumstances in Football, Basketball or Track. HD has no speed or talent. SA will name the score on HD. Ask West Sabine about HD's chances against SA. SA will run through, around, or over HD. Look at the teams SA has beaten compared to HD. This is funny.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1236314" timestamp="1342461144"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=100975.msg1236295#msg1236295 date=1342457620]
[/quote]

[/quote]
HD can not beat SA under any circumstances in Football, Basketball or Track. HD has no speed or talent. SA will name the score on HD. Ask West Sabine about HD's chances against SA. SA will run through, around, or over HD. Look at the teams SA has beaten compared to HD. This is funny.
[/quote]But it is the new coach and attitude..........and do not forget the genes and DNA

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin