Ready for Hull-Daisetta vs. Hardin Aug 31st VOTE NOW!!

Who wins the season opener between HD and Hardin??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the season opener between HD and Hardin??

• Hull-Daisetta Bobcats
    • Hardin Hornets
    • Neither

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1236160" timestamp="1342405794"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100975.msg1236101#msg1236101 date=1342394702]
[quote author=tigerheart link=topic=100975.msg1236077#msg1236077 date=1342389610]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100975.msg1236033#msg1236033 date=1342378519]
Glad I could make yall smile. And negative ghost rider, this years H-D Bobcats will not be terrible. I will remind you at the end of the season.  ;) 8)
[/quote]

I'm just curious but define "not terrible" for me.  Even if let's say you go 10-0, who on your schedule will be a quality win? And will it matter when you get beat in the second round by Alto or San Augustine?  Because let's just be honest...that schedule isn't much to brag about.  Lovelady is probably the best team on there and if I remember correctly they lost some good talent to graduation.  Your 2A opponents are consistently sitting at home come playoff time.  And your district opponents haven't been to good when they are in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Exactly, HD will not beat West Sabine if they happen to get them either. They have no prayer against San Augustine or Alto. SA will have 5-7 faster players on JV than HD will anywhere in the program. HD will not beat Lovelady either.
[/quote]

You know what, haters are gonna hate, and that's what ya'll chose to do. That's perfectly fine and you can express your opinions if you want. The way I look at it, HD could have taken the route of scheduling a bunch of tiny 1A schools (sabine pass, high island etc.) and a couple Christian schools to beat down during preseason, but they chose to play Hardin, Kountze, and Deweyville. Maybe they aren't perennial playoff teams, but each of those schools are a higher classification, and when you play and beat a school with twice the amount of kids that you have in your school, that is a challenge, and also an accomplishment. Groveton is another 2A school and despite being down last year, we all know that they are playing in December most of the time. Lovelady was a 12-2 regional finalist in 1A DI last year so no cupcake there. Normangee is a another 1A playoff team. HD can't pick their district, but they play a decent schedule leading up to it. And as far as San Augustine having 5-7 kids on JV faster than anyone HD has, stop smoking the pipe bro. If you are that intent on hating on Hull-Daisetta to say something that senseless, then you will deserve the biggest pile of crow that will be served after this season. I promise you, it doesn't matter if it's Alto, San Augustine, Mart, Price Carlisle or anyone else in 1A D1 Region III, HD will be ready for them. They will not be a push-over and they will believe they can and will win that game. I'm letting the Jackets and Wolves know right now that HD ain't no punk anymore. When we finish 8-2, 9-1, or 10-0, talk to me then. We'll be ready. They better. And they may wanna go ahead and move those 5-7 JV kids up come playoff time.... trust me, they're gonna need 'em!!

Go Bobcats!!!
[/quote]
If HD has speed they should get them to play football. Hardin, Kountze, Deweyville and Groveton horrible also. Naming those schools as your evidence of tougher scheduling proves my point.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="89falcon" post="1236314" timestamp="1342461144"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=100975.msg1236295#msg1236295 date=1342457620]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=100975.msg1236191#msg1236191 date=1342418638]
SA is beatable...but not by HD...not this year..sorry guys!
[/quote]

Luckily we're not playing them in 7 on 7. Full contact, best 11 on the field, HD can beat SA. It would no doubt be an upset, but they are beatable.
[/quote]
HD can not beat SA under any circumstances in Football, Basketball or Track. HD has no speed or talent. SA will name the score on HD. Ask West Sabine about HD's chances against SA. SA will run through, around, or over HD. Look at the teams SA has beaten compared to HD. This is funny.
[/quote]

You are just seriously off your rocker. I can't tell if your personal battle with HD55 has made you hate HD, or if you are just sippin' the San Augustine Kool-Aid wayyyy too much. Let's take a closer look at this invincible team that can name it's score against Hull-Daisetta.

We all agree that SA is a talented team that will be a deep playoff contender in 1A DI this season, but let's not go too overboard. Let's look at San Augustine's team from last year. They weren't 2A state champs, they didnt' make a deep playoff run..... they got beat in the first round. Actually they got killed in the first round of the playoffs by 37 points! And lets' not say that Franklin was a state champ that beat them, no they got beat the next week in the playoffs.  They were one and done. They played Alto early in the season, an 8-4 1A school... that slaughtered the Wolves 30 points. This is the same Alto that got beat by Lovelady 36-21 in the playoffs... the same Lovelady who'd beat Hull-Daisetta two weeks earlier 42-21 (not that big of a difference huh). They did also play Colmesneil from HD's district, beating them 42-0. But then again HD beat Colmesneil 70-14 so not much of a measuring stick. They also got throttled by Garrison (granted another very good 1A team) by 30 points. They did happen to play one of the "horrible teams" that HD plays this year, the Deweyville Pirates. The mighty Wolves did pull this one out.... sqeaking by 12-0. And the terrible Groveton team from last year was one of the Wolves wins as well. All this being said, HD is three times the team they were last year. Even if San Augustine is improved, they will not be naming any score they want to beat HD by. They are not unbeatable. They are a good 1A team.... and in a few more months you will be saying the same thing about Hull-Daisetta.

As far as the schedule, you gotta come off that as well man. Quick.... name one other school that plays FOUR schools in their pre-district schedule that are a higher classification?? Kountze, Hardin, Deweyville and Groveton are all 2A schools. I don't care if they have winning teams or not, playing a school with twice as many kids as you have is challenging. Especially if you look at it from you're point of view that since San Augustine was a playoff team in 2A, we should name them state champs already in 1A. We play two 1A schools in pre-district as well. Lovelady and Normangee had a combined record of 19-6 last year. I don't think that's crappy competition.

Huffman may wanna try to step up and play some larger schools. Oh wait they did last year when they played Kingwood Park.... and got killed 35-0. Well at least the 1 4A school on yall's schedule this year is Galena Park, picked 8th in their district of 8 teams. Way to schedule those tough opponents Falcons. HD should take note I suppose!

Just wait and see.......

What was SA's score against Groveton? What about West Sabine? Deweyville barely crossed the 50 and took advantage of several SA turnovers. SA also beat Corrigan, New Waverly, Hemphill, and Joaquin. Did HD shut out West Sabine and Deweyville. Did HD hand 40+ on Groveton? Franklin was a great 2A team that went to the regional final. SA has returned all but 3 of the players that won the 2A Div 2 District 10 including 17 seniors. Does HD even have 17 players? Is HD picked to finish last in the worst district in the state? Is SA ranked #3? It seems like the majority of football people outside of HD think there is a dramatic difference between the HD and SA. 

SA beat Groveton 45-21. They beat West Sabine 28-14. CC, New Waverly, Hemphill and Joaquin are all quality wins. I'm not saying San Augustine is not gonna be a very good team, but they did lose three games last year by 30+ points. And two of those were by 1A opponents. All I'm saying is that they are beatable. As far as the 17 returning seniors, that is great at a 1A program, especially one that had a good year in the previous season. That is why they are ranked so highly. I keep forgetting that nobody really knows what's going on at HD except HD people. It does make me look like a crazy person to say that lil ole' 4-6 Hull-Daisetta from the worst 1A district in the state can play with the likes of an experienced, talent loaded team like San Augustine. But soon everyone will see what I'm talking about. Remember how Kountze and East Chambers used to always have great athletes, but they chose to play basketball instead of football. Well finally things changed in EC and those kids started buying in to the football program and they started winning lots of games. Well something similar to that but on a larger scale is going on in Daisetta right now. Kids that were in trouble or wanting to drop out of school are now playing football. Kids that were only basketball or baseball players are now playing football. Kids that everyone had wrote off since their glory days of pee wee football all of the sudden are now buying in and playing for coach Finney. The kids at HD never worked out before, never truly bought in on a program, and never truly believed that they could do anything other than beat Hardin and West Hardin. Lord forbid, we have to play Groveton or Alto in the playoffs. All that is gone now. I saw HD play Mart in 2008 in the second round of the playoffs. HD played a damn good game. Mart capitalized on a couple special teams plays and turnovers and won the game. HD held Mart scoreless in the second half and held them to only 221 of total offense for the night. That Mart team went on to the state championship game. This team that HD has now, has twice the potential of that HD team that played Mart. They are inexperienced at QB (and that '08 team had a damn good lil QB in Sam Elliot), but other than that, top to bottom, this team is better and deeper. Only time will tell. If we lose to Hardin and Kountze and don't look good in the first four or five games of the season, then I'll be the first to say I'm full of crap and was too blind to see the truth. I really don't think that is going to happen though. Like I keep saying..... stay tuned. 

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1236352" timestamp="1342467271"]
SA beat Groveton 45-21. They beat West Sabine 28-14. CC, New Waverly, Hemphill and Joaquin are all quality wins. I'm not saying San Augustine is not gonna be a very good team, but they did lose three games last year by 30+ points. And two of those were by 1A opponents. All I'm saying is that they are beatable. As far as the 17 returning seniors, that is great at a 1A program, especially one that had a good year in the previous season. That is why they are ranked so highly. I keep forgetting that nobody really knows what's going on at HD except HD people. It does make me look like a crazy person to say that lil ole' 4-6 Hull-Daisetta from the worst 1A district in the state can play with the likes of an experienced, talent loaded team like San Augustine. But soon everyone will see what I'm talking about. Remember how Kountze and East Chambers used to always have great athletes, but they chose to play basketball instead of football. Well finally things changed in EC and those kids started buying in to the football program and they started winning lots of games. Well something similar to that but on a larger scale is going on in Daisetta right now. Kids that were in trouble or wanting to drop out of school are now playing football. Kids that were only basketball or baseball players are now playing football. Kids that everyone had wrote off since their glory days of pee wee football all of the sudden are now buying in and playing for coach Finney. The kids at HD never worked out before, never truly bought in on a program, and never truly believed that they could do anything other than beat Hardin and West Hardin. Lord forbid, we have to play Groveton or Alto in the playoffs. All that is gone now. I saw HD play Mart in 2008 in the second round of the playoffs. HD played a dang good game. Mart capitalized on a couple special teams plays and turnovers and won the game. HD held Mart scoreless in the second half and held them to only 221 of total offense for the night. That Mart team went on to the state championship game. This team that HD has now, has twice the potential of that HD team that played Mart. They are inexperienced at QB (and that '08 team had a dang good lil QB in Sam Elliot), but other than that, top to bottom, this team is better and deeper. Only time will tell. If we lose to Hardin and Kountze and don't look good in the first four or five games of the season, then I'll be the first to say I'm full of crap and was too blind to see the truth. I really don't think that is going to happen though. Like I keep saying..... stay tuned.
[/quote]
SA beat West Sabine 35-0, the score in max preps is incorrect.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1236336" timestamp="1342464751"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100975.msg1236314#msg1236314 date=1342461144]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=100975.msg1236295#msg1236295 date=1342457620]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=100975.msg1236191#msg1236191 date=1342418638]
[/quote]

Luckily we're not playing them in 7 on 7. Full contact, best 11 on the field, HD can beat SA. It would no doubt be an upset, but they are beatable.
[/quote]
HD can not beat SA under any circumstances in Football, Basketball or Track. HD has no speed or talent. SA will name the score on HD. Ask West Sabine about HD's chances against SA. SA will run through, around, or over HD. Look at the teams SA has beaten compared to HD. This is funny.
[/quote]

You are just seriously off your rocker. I can't tell if your personal battle with HD55 has made you hate HD, or if you are just sippin' the San Augustine Kool-Aid wayyyy too much. Let's take a closer look at this invincible team that can name it's score against Hull-Daisetta.

We all agree that SA is a talented team that will be a deep playoff contender in 1A DI this season, but let's not go too overboard. Let's look at San Augustine's team from last year. They weren't 2A state champs, they didnt' make a deep playoff run..... they got beat in the first round. Actually they got killed in the first round of the playoffs by 37 points! And lets' not say that Franklin was a state champ that beat them, no they got beat the next week in the playoffs.  They were one and done. They played Alto early in the season, an 8-4 1A school... that slaughtered the Wolves 30 points. This is the same Alto that got beat by Lovelady 36-21 in the playoffs... the same Lovelady who'd beat Hull-Daisetta two weeks earlier 42-21 (not that big of a difference huh). They did also play Colmesneil from HD's district, beating them 42-0. But then again HD beat Colmesneil 70-14 so not much of a measuring stick. They also got throttled by Garrison (granted another very good 1A team) by 30 points. They did happen to play one of the "horrible teams" that HD plays this year, the Deweyville Pirates. The mighty Wolves did pull this one out.... sqeaking by 12-0. And the terrible Groveton team from last year was one of the Wolves wins as well. All this being said, HD is three times the team they were last year. Even if San Augustine is improved, they will not be naming any score they want to beat HD by. They are not unbeatable. They are a good 1A team.... and in a few more months you will be saying the same thing about Hull-Daisetta.

As far as the schedule, you gotta come off that as well man. Quick.... name one other school that plays FOUR schools in their pre-district schedule that are a higher classification?? Kountze, Hardin, Deweyville and Groveton are all 2A schools. I don't care if they have winning teams or not, playing a school with twice as many kids as you have is challenging. Especially if you look at it from you're point of view that since San Augustine was a playoff team in 2A, we should name them state champs already in 1A. We play two 1A schools in pre-district as well. Lovelady and Normangee had a combined record of 19-6 last year. I don't think that's crappy competition.

Huffman may wanna try to step up and play some larger schools. Oh wait they did last year when they played Kingwood Park.... and got killed 35-0. Well at least the 1 4A school on yall's schedule this year is Galena Park, picked 8th in their district of 8 teams. Way to schedule those tough opponents Falcons. HD should take note I suppose!

Just wait and see.......
[/quote]

Hey 89 Falcon, you just got owned!

Speaking of Kool-aid, I hear they're serving it up by the gallon in Huffman! 

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1236416" timestamp="1342481157"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=100975.msg1236336#msg1236336 date=1342464751]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Just wait and see.......
[/quote]

[/quote]
???? No point has been proven HD is terrible and has no chance of playing with SA. It is clearly displayed by the scores vs like opponents, compiled results and state rankings.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="89falcon" post="1236426" timestamp="1342484133"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=100975.msg1236416#msg1236416 date=1342481157]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=100975.msg1236336#msg1236336 date=1342464751]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Just wait and see.......
[/quote]

[/quote]
???? No point has been proven HD is terrible and has no chance of playing with SA. It is clearly displayed by the scores vs like opponents, compiled results and state rankings.
[/quote]

Maybe the Bobcats should go find a QB from BH and see how that elevates their program?!?  8) ::)

You take the two best players off your team, which are both from H-D, yall will be just like most Huffman teams below average. Thanks Cole and Chase for helping helpless huffman. 89Falcon must have had his position taken from one of the Harrell boys from 1A H-D, that's why he hates H-D. lol!  :'( ;D 89Falcon. He should be thinking H-D for the help.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1235926" timestamp="1342309172"]
Broom I was not gonna comment on this thread. But it has just been so exciting in Daisetta the last 4 months, with the Finney hire. Hull-Daisetta has one of the richest football traditions in SE Texas and a sleeping giant has been awakened. Coach Finney has made it a mission to search out every once of genes and DNA from the monsters of the big thicket blood lines, to rekindle the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat fire that has burned so bright in SE Texas since the 30's. To see almost every able body kid playing ball is a true blessing. I don't want to predict any games this season, all I know is this ain't gonna be the Bobcats of the last 5 years. I would not want to play against Finney and his team. Going to be super exciting! Hardin will be one of many faceless opponents, that just happen to draw the short end of the straw. Go Bobcats! Dave Campbell and the people voting up above, have put us right where we want to be.  ;) 8)
[/quote] ::)

[quote name="Daytonfan" post="1236448" timestamp="1342487684"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100975.msg1235926#msg1235926 date=1342309172]
Broom I was not gonna comment on this thread. But it has just been so exciting in Daisetta the last 4 months, with the Finney hire. Hull-Daisetta has one of the richest football traditions in SE Texas and a sleeping giant has been awakened. Coach Finney has made it a mission to search out every once of genes and DNA from the monsters of the big thicket blood lines, to rekindle the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat fire that has burned so bright in SE Texas since the 30's. To see almost every able body kid playing ball is a true blessing. I don't want to predict any games this season, all I know is this ain't gonna be the Bobcats of the last 5 years. I would not want to play against Finney and his team. Going to be super exciting! Hardin will be one of many faceless opponents, that just happen to draw the short end of the straw. Go Bobcats! Dave Campbell and the people voting up above, have put us right where we want to be.  ;) 8)
[/quote]Like a pony! Like a pony! Go win a state championship clown! Dayton was one of the worst programs in the state of Texas up until 1996. Laughing stock! Yall better thank development! Melting pot of city slickers moved out there.  ;D ::) 8) :-* lmao!

I dont see where anyone got owned.  I read from that exactly the point i was trying to make.  This is what i got out of that...we know we have been below par lately but we hope that has changed with the kids seeming to want to participate more but we are not completly sure about that but if they do we should be better!  Oh yea wr dont have a qb yet but thats ok we hope to develope one..!!!  The aspects of the game your trying to sell has to be proven on the field not sold on a message board.  Actual results of previous sucess along with recent success and results of what is coming back is what i base my opinion of how good ur team might be on.  You can preach all day about what ec sa lovelady garrison or anyone else does and it doest matter.  HD is going to have to prove themself.  You cant come off a 4-6 season losing several key players with no established qb and demand the respect your asking for! 

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1236464" timestamp="1342489016"]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=100975.msg1236448#msg1236448 date=1342487684]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100975.msg1235926#msg1235926 date=1342309172]
[/quote]Like a pony! Like a pony! Go win a state championship clown! Dayton was one of the worst programs in the state of Texas up until 1996. Laughing stock! Yall better thank development! Melting pot of city slickers moved out there.  ;D ::) 8) :-* lmao!
[/quote] actually id much rather have one of the worst records up until 1996 but now have the success that dayton has rather than have won state champs in 1930's and be where hd has the past few years.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1236438" timestamp="1342486028"]
You take the two best players off your team, which are both from H-D, yall will be just like most Huffman teams below average. Thanks Cole and Chase for helping helpless huffman. 89Falcon must have had his position taken from one of the Harrell boys from 1A H-D, that's why he hates H-D. lol!  :'( ;D 89Falcon. He should be thinking H-D for the help.
[/quote]
I think Huffman was doing ok before they got here. In fact, it is because Huffman is such a superior program that they decided to come here. If HD made the playoffs even in your district the HD fans would be having a parade on Monday. How do you define below average? Making the playoffs and winning playoff games? If Huffman is below average then you have proved my point again. HD's record is highly pathetic compared to Huffman's in the modern era. That is why your best players dream of moving to Huffman.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1236478" timestamp="1342490737"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100975.msg1236464#msg1236464 date=1342489016]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=100975.msg1236448#msg1236448 date=1342487684]
[/quote] actually id much rather have one of the worst records up until 1996 but now have the success that dayton has rather than have won state champs in 1930's and be where hd has the past few years.
[/quote]
One of the winningest programs in SE Texas! Yes we started all the way back in the 30's. I really liked our 79 State Champion team. Some schools just will never know tradition and pride like H-D.  Some very talented teams in the 80's, 90's and 2000's also. 

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1236494" timestamp="1342492728"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=100975.msg1236478#msg1236478 date=1342490737]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100975.msg1236464#msg1236464 date=1342489016]
[/quote]
One of the winningest programs in SE Texas! Yes we started all the way back in the 30's. I really liked our 79 State Champion team. Some schools just will never know tradition and pride like H-D.  Some very talented teams in the 80's, 90's and 2000's also.
[/quote] ok but how does that help your team the past ten?  Apparently it didnt. Thats my only point..

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1236302" timestamp="1342459017"]
To answer your question truthfully, a great successful year, would be a playoff win. Yes obtaining the district championship would be good, but it's time we get back to winning playoff games. I believe under Finney playoff victories and a state championship are coming.
[/quote]

Thats all I was looking for...I wasn't trying to get in to all the other hogwash talk that just happened between those other two.  I've said it once and I'll say it again, Coach Finney was a great hire.  But the UIL didn't do any favors in the districting.  Hull-Daisetta would have been better off in the long run if the Region 3 districts were adjusted as so...

Iola should have been in District 12, San Augustine and West Sabine should have been in District 11 and Timpson should have been in District 10.  Now you have 4 districts with 5,5,5 and 6 teams respectively. 

We are several years away, but Hardin will STINK it up until 2018-2025. If anyone has been watching Hardin Hornet Pee Wee/Junior football, they are very excited to see the talent coming up. These kids are incredible, and have great things to look forward to.

So, until then. We hope the best, but expect average, to sub-par.

But as for the Hardin - HD game, I will go with the Hornets in an upset. Yes, upset. lol

This is my idea of a successful season for Hull-Daisetta this year:

1.) win district championship - somewhat successful
2.) win district and win at least 7 games - moderately successful
3.) win district, 8 wins, one playoff win - successful
4.) win district, 10 wins, multiple playoff wins - great success
5.) win state championship - ultimate success

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1236464" timestamp="1342489016"]
[/quote]Let's quit living in the past chief. H-D WAS good a billion years ago, and you think y'all deserve respect? Wake up and realize that H-D is a below average team

Everyone knows that HD has been "down" in recent years. Everyone in Hull-Daisetta expects more and we do have to stop living on our past, and start bringing back that tradition now. That's why I say anything less than 8 wins and a minimum of one playoff win is not really a successful season. As "bad" as HD has been in recent times, they really haven't been that bad.

Over the past 15 years Hull-Daisetta has a record of 94-66 with one playoff victory. That is by NO means great, but it's not just horrible. Coach Barbay and Coach Slack had some success but didn't really get the program back to where it needs to be. Not that it matters since nearly everyone agrees that success is based upon winning playoff games, but just some more food for thought. Here's HD's record over that same period vs. their eight most played/rival schools.

HD vs. Colmesneil    HD leads series 7-1
HD vs. Deweyville    HD leads series 7-2
HD vs. Hardin          HD leads series 6-4
HD vs. West Hardin  HD leads series 10-5
HD vs. Warren        HD leads series 8-2
HD vs. Kountze        HD leads series 5-3
HD vs. Evadale        HD leads series 5-2
HD vs. High Island    HD leads series 7-0

Overall HD leads the series vs. these most common opponents 55-19. Not saying that any of these schools are great programs either, but they are the schools closest in enrollment and location to Hull-Daisetta. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder