25-2A

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="waterhead" post="1244398" timestamp="1344869811"]
Throwing hard and hitting halfway up the backstop or the dirt in front of the plate doesn't make you a pitcher it makes you a thrower.
[/quote] Pitchers that throw very hard at a young age have developed fast twitch muscles and at times they can have control issues, especially a lefty.  Yes Austin Marshall has had some issues, but he has also had so really fine performances.  I'm sure he was just lucky enough to have you there when he was struggling.  He played 57 baseball games this summer and has had several division one schools take interest, not only because of his pitching capability but his speed, glove, arm strength and power at the plate.  He is a five tool guy and that is all that matters he is now currently on the Sun devils roster and he has had an national invite by Marucci Elite to play in the underclassman Championships all of which is an honor. He is a young 15 year old and time will tell all...maybe your right, but to make the statement you made is a bit unwarranted.  As far as the other guys...they are great players and being young they had issues from time to time, but they will develope and they will do great.

Guest kountzemania
UHey, what is deal about the marshall kid not being a pitch. Are you kidding me, did the. Kid not have 15 k game against anahauc!  And came into warren game and only give up like three runs in four innings.  I here 15 and clock at perfect game touching 86 mph.  Yes I have seen him a bit wild from time to time, but that can be effective as well. Personal experience says college scouts love to see speed. You can't coach it, its developed and a great deal is just God given. Take pitching off the table and from what I have seen he is a game changer.  Saw this kid rob the gap and punish pitchers with the bat.

Hate the fact that we lose Both franklins to kountze, if I'm not mistaken both franklins can pitch well..should be a great year for kountze based on the talent they have not sure if they will hook it up and play or not. My prediction is if they play right they have a shot to take home that district title this year.

[quote name="Walk off" post="1239861" timestamp="1343247700"]
Gives Warren the best pitching staff in the area...period...With Gray, Watts, and Williams...just nasty.
Gray - solid, brings the heat.
Watts - nastiest curve ball around. (Yes, [b]nastiest[/b]. Anytime a rt. handed curve ball can make a lefthanded ALL-STATE batter buckle his knees...Nasty)
Williams - Lefty and down right good.... 

Any one pitcher might be better, but for a series, this team is loaded.
[/quote]
Negative. Good? Yes. Best in district, yes. Best in the area? Negative ghost-rider.
Gray is upper 70's at best. Watts might touch 80 a couple times. Williams is the best pitcher on this staff now, and by no means dominating. It'll take a lot more than just him to make them that good. How bout Silsbee, Nederland, Barbers Hill, PNG, Brenham, Livingston, Huntington, Hudson, Bridge City, Woodville, Etc.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
[quote name="KingJames123" post="1330170" timestamp="1352905780"]
[quote author=DP8036 link=topic=100935.msg1330114#msg1330114 date=1352903413]
deweyville will win this district  ;D
[/quote]
All they have is howell lol
[/quote]
Keep thinking that, you are badly mistaken.  Returning 7 position starters and 2 pitchers from last years team.  8)

Guest kountzemania
I don't think anyone would take anything away from the Howell kid...he is a pitcher, but to think Deweyville has anything close to him in the wings is just pipe dream. Howell will be a force on the mound. If you have hitters that can hit him, and Kountze does, than he will have limited effect. FYI with the bats addition of Ethan Franklin and Older brother Braiden, add that to Austin Marshall, Tyler Brown, Rider Lognion, Kyle Whisenhant, Dusty Bevilaquia, Bradley Peters, Kolton Ballance, Stevie Fregiae and more; these kids can hit the baseball and the first four can do it with power. From the mound Kountze should be nasty. Ethan is a right hander throwing mid and upper 80's and a Soph. Austin Marshall is a left hander throwing mid 80's, also a Soph. Go to www.perfectgame and you can verify velocities. Now add three more Soph. to that mix, right hander Lognion, Left hander Fregiea and right hander Whisenhant and wild card pitcher Braiden Franklin (senior) not to mention a cast of a few others, TBA! Over the next three seasons Kountze Baseball is going to be a challenge to beat, because the talent pool coming up is deep: Kids that are Freshman and kids that will be Freshman. I am not bragging or saying Kountze will run the table, because in Baseball you have to show up and play the game, the words stop and B.S. hits the road. It is all about action! 

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1331524" timestamp="1353013782"]
I don't think anyone would take anything away from the Howell kid...he is a pitcher, but to think Deweyville has anything close to him in the wings is just pipe dream. Howell will be a force on the mound. If you have hitters that can hit him, and Kountze does, than he will have limited effect. FYI with the bats addition of Ethan Franklin and Older brother Braiden, add that to Austin Marshall, Tyler Brown, Rider Lognion, Kyle Whisenhant, Dusty Bevilaquia, Bradley Peters, Kolton Ballance, Stevie Fregiae and more; these kids can hit the baseball and the first four can do it with power. From the mound Kountze should be nasty. Ethan is a right hander throwing mid and upper 80's and a Soph. Austin Marshall is a left hander throwing mid 80's, also a Soph. Go to www.perfectgame and you can verify velocities. Now add three more Soph. to that mix, right hander Lognion, Left hander Fregiea and right hander Whisenhant and wild card pitcher Braiden Franklin (senior) not to mention a cast of a few others, TBA! Over the next three seasons Kountze Baseball is going to be a challenge to beat, because the talent pool coming up is deep: Kids that are Freshman and kids that will be Freshman. I am not bragging or saying Kountze will run the table, because in Baseball you have to show up and play the game, the words stop and B.S. hits the road. It is all about action!
[/quote]
So you seem to think you know alot about the Pirate Team and their personnel, you are wrong on all accounts.  Deweyville will be in the hunt for a District Championship this year.

Guest Go4BB1194
Things will be different this year for sure in district,Deweyville will be tougher than think. It will be a hard fight for the teams. Keep our boys healthy, good sportsmanship is the main goal for all of us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin