Will Hull-Daisetta win District in Finney's first year?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1233655" timestamp="1341243613"]
I think that is just HD55's way of down-playing any positives for HD at this point. Slide in under the radar and shock the world. Lol
[/quote]

Or -- his way of facing REALITY!  ;D ???

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1232546" timestamp="1340506179"]
[quote author=AltoJacketFan5 link=topic=100664.msg1232474#msg1232474 date=1340474428]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=100664.msg1232166#msg1232166 date=1340369167]
Mark my words (and I'll be the first one to eat crow if I'm wrong), but barring multiple injuries, Hull-Daisetta will dominate their district and their schedule as a whole this season. I see every game on the schedule this season as a winnable game.
[/quote]

I got your words marked, cause if HD wins district, that means they get a bye then all likely hood play the #2 seed out of district 10 , which will either be Alto or San Augustine.
[/quote]Might not end so well for Alto. H-D is back!
[/quote]

HA!  Everyone wants to be a comedian these days

• 4 months later...
[quote name="WHALUM" post="1233565" timestamp="1341161725"]
Will, and I repeat WILL NOT HAPPEN!!! I don't care how many transfers they get in, and you can take that to the bank... ;)
[/quote]

I especially like this quote!!! [b]How do you like your crow[/b]??? Here's what Coach Finney has accomplished in a very short carreer:

6 years as a head coach he has won 5 district championships.
Turned 3 programs from losing to winning in one year! 2 of those became district champs in his first year.
Overall record of 52-20 for a winning percentage around .700
Developed 3 D-1 players, one D-2 player, several NAIA players and a whole bunch of fine young men!

Just wait till he gets a full year to develop these young men!! You won't believe how much stronger and quicker they will get...he has one of the best off season programs around...my son is a great example of what his program can do...good luck and I also can't wait to see what you guys accomplish next year!!

Yes, I for one could tell when Coach Finney came to town that there was something special about to happen to our football program. My only regret is that he didn't have more time to mold these young men. If this would have been his second or third season at the helm, then the team he had this year would have been playing in the State Final!! I have no doubt about that! 

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1233568" timestamp="1341163102"]
[quote author=WHALUM link=topic=100664.msg1233565#msg1233565 date=1341161725]
Will, and I repeat WILL NOT HAPPEN!!! I don't care how many transfers they get in, and you can take that to the bank... ;)
[/quote]

I hope the bank is open Saturday November 3rd.... cause that's where I'll be heading after the Bobcats destroy the Oilers!!
[/quote]

I totally forgot to meet my 'ole buddy WHALUM at the bank after those Bobcats beat the Oilers 44-14  ;)

Man, I love this. Everyone who had doubted the coaching staff and the players at HD look like fools. They did great in the first year under Finney. Yes they had a weaker district than most but you can't blame the boys for something the UIL did. They dominated this district and they will dominate again next year. Good luck next year Bobcats. You will do great.

[quote name="Football Fan 22" post="1344492" timestamp="1354211961"]
Man, I love this. Everyone who had doubted the coaching staff and the players at HD look like fools. They did great in the first year under Finney. Yes they had a weaker district than most but you can't blame the boys for something the UIL did. They dominated this district and they will dominate again next year. Good luck next year Bobcats. You will do great.
[/quote]

You're good, but you must be a "Move-in."  The legitimate H-D supporters all have some kind of number in their screen name.  It appears to be either their jersey number from their glorious seasons past or perhaps their year of graduation for those who stuck it out.  I agree though, H-D will be just fine next year. ;D 8)

I actually never went to H-D. I went to Conroe High School and played football there. My brother in law is Chisholm Marberry. Him and my wife are the only ties I have to H-D. I just love football and 22 was my number in high school. I have watched the Boncats for only two years now but I watch a lot of high school football in general and I do believe that H-D has a legitimate team that will win for a while with Finney as the head coach. I will still come to all the games. I love the small town football tradition that H-D possess.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder