What's the forecast for the BISD schools in basketball for next season?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Stevenash" post="1231993" timestamp="1340300753"]
Only Dickie V can give you a good quality answer on this.
[/quote]

Yep!  He already "Sees" it.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1232090" timestamp="1340324242"]
The Beaumont schools would be fine if certain area schools would stop stealing kids from them.... ::) ::)
[/quote]

How many thefts have taken place and how many students are involved?  PRobably less than 41, huh?

West Brook will be solid if Zeno is utilized correctly.  I predict a 3rd place finish for this.

I'm looking for the Dove Bros. from Ozen to do some special things, but Ozen will miss Trey Green's versitility. 

I'm looking for Central's young talent to mature greatly from those 3 starting freshmen last year.  Wilridge, the 6'5" post will be a force. Central will miss K. Smith's scoring, but we'll find a way. 

I see Ozen and Central fighting for the district title.

Wilridge has become a lot beter , I have been watching him this summer, keep working young man.

Where do you think Zeno should play, he def doesn't want any inside action.

J Green, and J Hadnot for WB look impressive as well.

Da Doves will do what they do, Ozen should look good.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1232163" timestamp="1340367914"]
West Brook will be solid if Zeno is utilized correctly.  I predict a 3rd place finish for this.

I'm looking for the Dove Bros. from Ozen to do some special things, but Ozen will miss Trey Green's versitility. 

I'm looking for Central's young talent to mature greatly from those 3 starting freshmen last year.  Wilridge, the 6'5" post will be a force. Central will miss K. Smith's scoring, but we'll find a way. 

[b]I see Ozen and Central fighting for the district title.[/b]
[/quote]
Are those the only two team's you see fighting for the district title? I think a team just South of Beaumont (who has won/shared the previous 3 District Titles) may have something to say about that!  8)
Returning 4 Starters, including two first-teamers and one 2nd-team All-District selections, Nederland will definitely be in the hunt!  ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1232163" timestamp="1340367914"]
[/quote]
Rumor has it Zeno is headed to Legacy. Any truth to that?

WB won't finish higher than 5th in district as long as current coach remains in place.

[quote name="RuffRaider" post="1232198" timestamp="1340374770"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100652.msg1232163#msg1232163 date=1340367914]
[/quote]
Rumor has it Zeno is headed to Legacy. Any truth to that?

WB won't finish higher than 5th in district as long as current coach remains in place.
[/quote]

If he does, it may cause heart failure for Dicky V. 

Not picking on Zeno but using him as an example to some of the problems facing kids who grew fast and played post most of their younger lives. From what I've seen this summer he wants to play pg more. Won't be a post in college. More likely on the wings. I think he realizes he needs to get his footwork and dribbling skills better for the next level. Keep working.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1232196" timestamp="1340374526"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100652.msg1232163#msg1232163 date=1340367914]

[/quote]
Are those the only two team's you see fighting for the district title? I think a team just South of Beaumont (who has won/shared the previous 3 District Titles) may have something to say about that!  8)
Returning 4 Starters, including two first-teamers and one 2nd-team All-District selections, Nederland will definitely be in the hunt!  ;)
[/quote]But they lose the big 6'6" rebounder.  I admit, they do return Wiesbrod, Young English, and the defensive stoper (forgot his name).I guess it that I'm not sure nederland will have good size. 

[quote name="RuffRaider" post="1232198" timestamp="1340374770"]
[/quote]
Rumor has it Zeno is headed to Legacy. [b]Any truth to that?[/b]

[/quote]I havn't heard anything.

Who will finish over West Brook?  I automatically see Memorial and North Shore, but who else?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1232271" timestamp="1340391505"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100652.msg1232196#msg1232196 date=1340374526]

[/quote]
[/quote]But they lose the big 6'6" rebounder.  I admit, they do return Wiesbrod, Young English, and the defensive stoper (forgot his name).I guess it that I'm not sure nederland will have good size.
[/quote]
Yes. We did Lose the 6'5" Lubera kid to graduation. He will be missed. However, returning 4 starters and 9 Lettermen from a 28-7 'Co-District' Champs, I suspect their expectations are very high this season. Jamiere Rodgers is the defender in which you speak. Jared Lormier is the swing man who made 2nd team this past season. Though only 6'2", he high jumps over 6'10"!
Additionally, 2 FB players who lettered last year are both about 6'4" and are big bodies. They will all make up for Lubera's absence in the rebounding department.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1232287" timestamp="1340393562"]
Excuse me fellas- It's nice that each of you has your own opinion of what will happen in the district race next year.  But until "the enlightened one" provides us with the only true/real insight of your district, we wont really "know" anything.
[/quote]
True. I'll wait for 'the truth' from the Basketball Guru. My 40+ years of being around basketball holds zero credibility...  :P

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1232304" timestamp="1340396497"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100652.msg1232287#msg1232287 date=1340393562]
Excuse me fellas- It's nice that each of you has your own opinion of what will happen in the district race next year.  But until "the enlightened one" provides us with the only true/real insight of your district, we wont really "know" anything.
[/quote]
True. I'll wait for 'the truth' from the Basketball Guru. My 40+ years of being around basketball holds zero credibility...  :P
[/quote] :-X ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder