• Travis Lithicum (srry on Spelling
    • PAyton Smith
    • Fernaido Uribe

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAY TO EARLY!!!

but i will comment anyway...the reservation has put out some quality players over the past few years and Nederland, lets face it is a soccer machine...kelly and wb are just as capable of claiming the best player in setx

but once again, way to early to tell...which is why I cant wait for Nederlands showcase tourny!!! Is there going to be a striker that goes on a scoring spree, is there going to be a goalie that turns into the great wall of china, what about a center mid that owns the field and plays it like a god in the midst of mere mortals!!! ok ok im calm now...

The best player in SETX is hands down Matt Kirby from Kelly.... he was recently called up to train with the U-18 National Team.... he has lightening speed and skill to accomadate that.....and he is a fantastic finisher..... he is significantly a cut above the rest and is really something special... I urge you guys to go watch a Kelly game some time soon and see what I'm talking about.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aggie79

I must disagree.  I've seen young Mr. Deavers play.  He is good and is easily the best player in Silsbee.  He plays with more heart than 95% of the players on the field at any time.  However, he is not even the best sohpmore in SE Texas and he is not even in the same class as Kirby.  Kirby in is a national calaber talent, having already played internationally and at the Nike Invitational this year as a guest player for the U-18 Lonestars out of Austin.  Kirby is also the only area ODP that I know of.

Guest LHSSoccerPlaya

sorry guys i have to disagree with yall. I would have to go with brent waldrup from Lumberton, amazing speed, best ball control i have ever seen the shot to put it all together. Yall may not have heard of him yet but once season starts you will have and you will see where im coming from. But trust me this kid is the one to watch

sorry guys i have to disagree with yall. I would have to go with brent waldrup from Lumberton, amazing speed, best ball control i have ever seen the shot to put it all together. Yall may not have heard of him yet but once season starts you will have and you will see where im coming from. But trust me this kid is the one to watch

is that #9? if so that kid can handle a ball like no other. and they call him yea, yea.

Guest LHSSoccerPlaya

yeah thats number #9, they call him "yeah yeah" but his name is jerald waldrup, and he has crazy ball control. But i do have to give props to matt kirby on his playing in the lumberton/kelly game. Hes pretty good but still stick with waldrup for the best.

Guest LHSSoccerPlaya

I cant speak against or for Kirby or now Linthicum because i havent yet had the privilege of watching either Westbrook or Kelly play. However, the Nederland Tourney is coming up and i do get the chance to watch everyone play. So we will see then and there how it goes.

Im going to have to go with Matt Kirby on this one. He has sensational control, blinding speed and he can put the ball in the net 90% of the time. He watches the whole field and has the tactical capacity of a world class Chess master. Waldrup and Deavers do have speed and very developed skill, but they don't have the vision and resolve that Kirby has.

Guest LHSSoccerPlaya

I still am waiting for the oppurtunity to be able to watch kirby, and seeing as how lumberton doesnt play them again this year i will have ot wait a while it seems. However on the note of Linthicum..in his game against Lumberton did not really contribute to the game, and i was unimpressed by him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33