Football is just around the corner!

Wow it is hard to believe that football scrimages start in just 74 days! I know that people on SETXsports get excited most about football. We love our basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball and all the other sports our children and community kids are involved in, but football is what fills the stadiums, brings out bands, cheerleaders, pep squads, spirit flags and so much more.

Right now every team believes they will be the state champion and that regardless of the summer heat the prize is waiting for them and their teammates.

This will be my second year without a child in uniform, but after last year I can still say that there is no better show on any given Friday night than high school football in Texas. So to all the players prepare yourselves to excell. To the coaches sharpen your game plans to perfection. To the bands learn every note to the school fight song and prepare to have plenty of reasons to play it. To the cheerleaders, pep squads, drill teams and others who pump up the crowds do it higher, more inline and more over the top than ever before because for a few those dreams of a state title will come true and with 74 days left before your team can hit somebody else there is no reason to believe that one of those teams won't be yours!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1228630" timestamp="1338913933"]
Wow it is hard to believe that football scrimages start in just 74 days! I know that people on SETXsports get excited most about football. We love our basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball and all the other sports our children and community kids are involved in, but football is what fills the stadiums, brings out bands, cheerleaders, pep squads, spirit flags and so much more.

Right now every team believes they will be the state champion and that regardless of the summer heat the prize is waiting for them and their teammates.

This will be my second year without a child in uniform, but after last year I can still say that there is no better show on any given Friday night than high school football in Texas. So to all the players prepare yourselves to excell. To the coaches sharpen your game plans to perfection. To the bands learn every note to the school fight song and prepare to have plenty of reasons to play it. To the cheerleaders, pep squads, drill teams and others who pump up the crowds do it higher, more inline and more over the top than ever before because for a few those dreams of a state title will come true and with 74 days left before your team can hit somebody else there is no reason to believe that one of those teams won't be yours!
[/quote]AWESOME ;D ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

I hear ya, 'Yeller!

Guest Air Bisquit

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/bravo.gif[/img]
Great post!! 

Great post. It's been 20 years since I finished school and I still get excited every year when high school football begins. I now get to know the kids that play now at Angleton from their parents who I went to school with. Love the atmosphere that a Texas high school football game brings and now that my little 9 your old nephew loves to watch the Wildcats play, I take him to all the games, home and away, and look foward each week to getting a box a popcorn, a soda and sitting in the stands with him cheering for our school to win. Can't wait for this season to begin!

• 4 weeks later...
I had another thought as I have driven by several football fields in the past couple of weeks. At this time of year when rain tends to be less of an occurance, football fields are lush and green. Grass! Lush, green, and waiting for that cut before the lines are painted on and the games begin.

Here in Evadale the grass is green, in Silsbee its green there too, in Buna, in Kirbyville, and all over SETX. The sprinklers are going and the grass it is growing. At some point in late October most of it will be beaten down and depending on the weather during games some of the fields will get pretty rough by the end of the season, but for now. It is just another one of those hopes that springs up in every school and with every player. That hope is that the season will be as successful as the grass growing is during the summer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline