Nederland little league

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very special group of 12s...Babino..Cluck..Feltman..Hebert..Hartt..Wonton(Chandler)..Mix in a couple of pretty good 11s Sonnier..Roc..& a pretty good 10 holyfield ..Then you mix in Wolf..Washington..Fitz ..That is not a hard team to win with..We scored 142 runs and gave up 22 in 12 games and mix in 4 no hitters 8)..Great season boys it was a pleasure to coach you boys.Thanks Tim ...Charles..& Mike ;)

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1229234" timestamp="1339099519"]
[quote author=Keith Stone link=topic=100290.msg1229216#msg1229216 date=1339096494]
How did Dylan Moss not make all stars? Was it political? Surely not in Nederland.
[/quote]
Typical all-star selection process..best kids don't always make it. How far did they go as 11's last year?
[/quote]
I maybe mistaken but I believe they lost in District

[quote name="Keith Stone" post="1229216" timestamp="1339096494"]
How did Dylan Moss not make all stars? Was it political? Surely not in Nederland.
[/quote]  Who is this kid you are talking about. How old is he and does he even play in Nederland. I have been associated with Nederland baseball for a long time and dont even know who he is.

[quote name="Keith Stone" post="1229216" timestamp="1339096494"]
[/quote]Did he play in the majors, and what team? And did his coach nominate him for the team..I seen the list pretty  good group of boys..Their will allways be some kids that are on the bubble and some that deserve to be on the team ,but you can not put 14 on a team and win..And as far as political on this one I don't think so, I coached in the majors and do not know who this kid is...And one more thing daddy ball and politics and what ever else you upset parents call it...Does not stop in LL....You have it in  BABE RUTH, SELECT, HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE so get ready...But sometimes I like to call it a kids attitude not politics..But I can not call this one because I am not sure if this youngster even played in the major league divison

First off, you don't even have the kids name right.  His momma's last name is Moss, not his.  It sounds to me like Keith Stone read all of the mommas rants last night on FaceBook and got on here to start stuff.  I find it hard to believe that Keith Stone has any clue as to what he is talking about when he doesn't even know the kids name.  Good try though!  ::)

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1229353" timestamp="1339159583"]
The kids name is Dylan Hendricks.  His mommas last name is Moss.  Is sounds to me like Keith Stone read all of the mommas rants last night on FaceBook and got on here to start stuff.  I find it hard to believe that Keith Stone has any clue as to what he is talking about when he doesn't even know the kids name.  Good try though!  ::)
[/quote]I got you Mack ..The kid can hit sometimes he had 5 long balls.. He tied with Feltman on league leading home runs...But the game is not just about the long ball.. ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1229355" timestamp="1339160583"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=100290.msg1229353#msg1229353 date=1339159583]
The kids name is Dylan Hendricks.  His mommas last name is Moss.  Is sounds to me like Keith Stone read all of the mommas rants last night on FaceBook and got on here to start stuff.  I find it hard to believe that Keith Stone has any clue as to what he is talking about when he doesn't even know the kids name.  Good try though!  ::)
[/quote]I got you Mack ..The kid can hit sometimes he had 5 long balls.. He tied with Feltman on league leading home runs...But the game is not just about the long ball.. ;)
[/quote]There is more to the game than home runs.If you play for home runs you will not play too many games.We need a strong (D) to win.

This is Dylan Hendricks mom and first I would like to say I am sorry if you thought I was ranting on FB I think more like an upset mom looking out for her child and I now see that they have to learn at an early age there are dissappointments in life and you have to keep your head up and move on! As far as Dylan hitting sometimes your wrong Dylan had an amazing season including as you say it the longballs but his hitting was excellent and not sometimes are you sure we are talking about the same kid? I understand hitting home runs will not get him on an Allstar team but Dylan is an allround excellent player and rarely makes a mistake in the feild if you had watched my son you would have seen some excellent plays some that you would remember for a long time! He pitched and this was def not where he was strongest he did above avg. and always gave 100 percent when they put him on the mound! Please remember that we have family that read this and friends and remember he is only 12 and those longballs as you call them well he has not stopped smiling since he hit he first one!!!

[quote name="Walk-off" post="1229402" timestamp="1339175321"]
There is more to the game than home runs.If you play for home runs you will not play too many games.We need a strong (D) to win.

Been to many bb games, never heard a coach say,"Gee son wished you didn't hit that homer."
[/quote]
and you wonder why kids are flocking to Select Ball    ;D

[quote name="hvac_setx" post="1229540" timestamp="1339256541"]
You know, it's really not that bad not being picked for allstars. Most of the coaches have ABSOLUTELY no eye for talent anyway, and were only picked as coaches by the daddy rule anyway
[/quote]  LOL!  Poor dude.

Coached Dylan several yrs ago in Port Neches and he was a pretty good ball player seen him play this year and gotta say the kid can hit and he is a good fielder seen him make some dam good plays! Don't know his exact stats but if he was 444 with the homeruns they say he had we would have picked him up in port neches as far as homerun not winning the game I watched him play in a game this pass season and they were losing he got up to bat and drove in 3 runs with a homerun and it put them in the lead and they went onto win! So give credit where credit is due should have made it fromthe playing I saw!

Do not take it as a reflection of your kids' talent if he did not make it on the all star team. Like most all star teams around here the teams are pretty much already selected before the season even gets started. I realize the coaches are not selected until after the season but the one that is selected already has a preconceived idea who he wants on the team. So playing stats during the season really means absolutely nothing at all. The team is made up of kids the coaches want..not necessarily the kids who played the best during the year. In retrospect, making and playing on the all star team is really not that big of a thing. It would be if it was a true "all star" team, but it is not.
Tell your kid to hold his head up and keep doing his best. At the end of the day, that is what really counts!  :)

[quote name="LifesABall" post="1230094" timestamp="1339517736"]
With all of this talk about who didn't make 12 yr old allstars, I have to ask the question:  How do you know he didn't make it?  12 yr old teams can't be announced until June 15th.  By the way, that's this Friday.  Has Nederland been practicing as well?  Hmm!!
[/quote]

BUSTED! :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin