End of school year 2011-2012

Well, with the elimination of Barbers Hill, Bridge City and LC-M from the baseball and softball playoffs this ends the 2011-2012 school year and it was another year of growth for SETXsport.  With 3 days left in this months, the page views for the 2011-2012 school year is 27,278.717, a 9.3% increase over the 2010-2011 school year.

But rather than hit some potential issues just before the start of the 2012-13 season.  I figured we'd start the discussion now.  We can meet about them or post them here, but I'd just like for us to be on the same page a little sooner than just before.

[size=14pt][u]Member Schools[/u][/size]

The UIL didn't do us any favors as they managed to spread our member schools from 2011-2012 ever further.  So I guess we need to see if there are any schools that we need to add or delete from membership.  I will throw out my suggestions for the football part of it:

[b]21-5A[/b]
Baytown Sterling
Beaumont West Brook
La Porte
Port Arthur Memorial

[b]19-4A[/b]
Barbers Hill
Crosby
Dayton
Humble
Humble Kingwood Park
Humble Summer Creek

[b]20-4A[/b]
All schools

[b]24-4A[/b]
Baytown Lee
Goose Creek Memorial

[b]20-3A[/b]
All except Carthage

[b]21-3A[/b]
All schools

[b]22-3A[/b]
All schools

[b]10-2A-I[/b]
All schools

[b]12-2A-II[/b]
Corrigan-Camden
Deweyville
Groveton
Hemphill

[b]10-1A-I[/b]
San Augustine
West Sabine

[b]11-1A-I[/b]
Colmesneil
Hull-Daisetta
West Hardin

[b]11-1A-II[/b]
Burkeville
Evadale
Sabine Pass

[b]UIL 6 man 16-I[/b]
Chester
High Island

[u]TAPPS 3-I[/u]
Beaumont Kelly

[u]TAPPS 6-III[/u]
Beaumont Legacy

[u]TAPPS 6 man, 5-II[/u]
Orange Community Christian

I added La Porte, Humble, Kingwood Park and Summer Creek as the football forum showed some level of activity from supporters of these schools.

Mike, I will let you suggest what schools we should have for the basketball season (which will likely be mirrored in baseball season).

[size=14pt][u]Broadcasts[/u][/size]

1) What broadcasts will be be doing next year?  I guess we have Silsbee as a certainty and perhaps Newton.  Will we want to broadcast BISD?  If so, we really need to get the commitment from BISD RIGHT NOW and begin to work on sponsors RIGHT NOW. We can't get sponsors by waiting until a few weeks before the broadcast to get them in.

2) Are we doing a Weekly Preview Show?  If so, who will be doing it.

3) Are we doing a Football Scoreboard Show?  If so, who will be doing it?

4) Are there any radio stations that we can hook up with?  What about 106.9? I know that they are corporately owned but can someone in the area a least call someone there and take a looksee about picking up at least some of our Friday (and Saturday night broadcasts, if do BISD) broadcasts?

[size=16pt][u]SPONSORSHIP[/u][/size]

We get these reports from all of these experts about how the site and the board should be making all sorts of money.....tens of thousands per month.  This site is used as a reference by fans, coaches and, yes, media, THROUGHOUT THE STATE OF TEXAS.  Yet we have only one entity in the area that is willing to be a sponsor on this site.  It is about time that this site makes money for Jordan.

Quite, simply I don't see us as being aggressive enough.  Now, I understand that due to our issues outside of the site (mainly our jobs to feed our families) that maybe we can't be aggresive.  But surely among us we know someone who can AND WILL get aggressive. All of these sales guys say that they can sell us, GET ON THE PHONE AND LET THEM DO IT!  Give them a cut what they bring in...if it is the amount that they claim, then it will still provide the site plenty of money.  Over the last school year we averaged 2.7 million people per month looking at this message board alone.  You can't tell me that there businesses that will not want that exposure here!

Anybody else have any issues, let's get them out and discuss them.

I am good with that list of schools for football. I will compile a list of schools for us to cover in basketball.

I will be doing Silsbee broadcasts again and will do a weekly preview show but may look into doing shows from other venues.

I spoke with Rodney Saveat, BISD AD and he is on board with us broadcasting again next year.

I would like for us to do a scoreboard show but understand that we need others to pull it off.

I spoke with Jordan and he has someone lined up possibly to sell advertising for the site and broadcasts. He will let us know real soon on that subject.

Other issues:

Time to eliminate some mods and add an admin. My choice for admin is PhatMack. As for the what mods to eliminate, Todd made a list a while back and we should take a look at that list.

These are the schools that I think we should cover for basketball:

21-5A
Baytown Sterling
Beaumont West Brook
La Porte
Port Arthur Memorial

19-4A
Barbers Hill
Crosby
Dayton
Houston C.E. King

20-4A
Beaumont Central
Beaumont Ozen
Little Cypress-Mauriceville
Livingston
Lumberton
Nederland
Port Neches-Groves
Vidor

24-4A
Baytown Lee
Goose Creek Memorial

20-3A
Diboll
Huntington
Jasper
Lufkin Hudson

21-3A
Bridge City
Buna
Hamshire-Fannett
Hardin-Jefferson
Orangefield
Silsbee
West Orange-Stark

22-3A
Cleveland
Coldspring-Oakhurst
Huffman Hargrave
Liberty
Shepherd
Splendora
Tarkington

20-2A
Corrigan-Camden
Deweyville
Hemphill
Kirbyville
Kountze
Newton
Warren
Woodville

25-2A
Anahuac
East Chambers
Hardin

23-1A-I
Broaddus
Brookeland
San Augustine
West Sabine
Zavalla

24-1A-I
Colmesneil
Big Sandy
Evadale
Hull-Daisetta
Sabine Pass
West Hardin

26-1A-II
Burkeville
Chester
Goodrich
High Island
Leggett
Spurger

Beaumont Kelly
Beaumont Legacy
Orange Community Christian

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1226460" timestamp="1338144126"]
I am good with that list of schools for football. I will compile a list of schools for us to cover in basketball.

I will be doing Silsbee broadcasts again and will do a weekly preview show but may look into doing shows from other venues.

I spoke with Rodney Saveat, BISD AD and he is on board with us broadcasting again next year.

I would like for us to do a scoreboard show but understand that we need others to pull it off.

I spoke with Jordan and he has someone lined up possibly to sell advertising for the site and broadcasts. He will let us know real soon on that subject.

Other issues:

Time to eliminate some mods and add an admin. My choice for admin is PhatMack. As for the what mods to eliminate, Todd made a list a while back and we should take a look at that list.
[/quote]

Cool, on getting the guy to sell sponsorship because Jordan indicated to me a couple of weeks ago that we are going to need probably for another server upgrade as we were crashing the other one quite regularly during the end of football season and had some during basketball season.  Plus Jordan had looked at this cool platform.

As to new admins, I concur with the addition of PhatMack, if we decide to expand the number of admins and that there may need to be a changing of some of the guard on the mods.

As for the basketball list, looks good to me.  Although I wish there was a way that we could convince the schools in the 1A-II district to be a little more forthcoming with their scores

I spoke with Jordan on the phone Sunday... As far as BISD, I'm on board with doing it again, but we talked about getting his new ad guy to see if he can sell it... It's something that may or may not be worth it if we can't make anything off of it...

Scoreboard show- If I don't do BISD, I'm all for doing that instead, and Todd if you wanted to do it with me that would be great, but we'll need to know what's going on with BISD first...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder