This only happens in Dallas? Yeah, sure

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1224981" timestamp="1337701238"]
The truth is, parents allow kids to transfer for athletic purposes...EVERYWHERE....
[/quote]

The truth is in that article and it has more to do with someone other than the parents.  I know it. You know it.  Everybody else knows it.  You are just unwilling to acknowledge it. The Kimball program has abused things- once again YOU KNOW IT.  Your efforts to say it is ok because "everybody does it" simply won't work.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1224991" timestamp="1337702081"]
I know that it happens in Sour lake just as it has in Dallas or Houston....I know that.
[/quote]

Try and convince yourself that it happens in Sour Lake- No problem-  Your "instincts" aren't nearly as accurate as you believe they are.  What has happened has happened and you simply cant change it.  Perhaps you would like to check the rosters of the Kimball players and the HJ players and compare their  points of origin.  Good luck.

I know it happens MORE in Dallas than at Sour Lake, but don't try to pretend like kids don't transfer to Hardin Jefferson, because you and I both know that is NOT the case. As far as the Dallas Kimball situation, Keith Frazier went to Kimball for athletic purposes...CLEARLY....Thats what they do.

And the jealousy continues!!!  HJ BUILDS their program.  If kids transfer there to play basketball, that is on them.  I have had close contact with this program for years and there is no recruiting going on.  Our coaches are fine men with morals and integrity.  I know that is a concept that some on this board can not grasp!

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="1225038" timestamp="1337705821"]
And the jealousy continues!!!  HJ BUILDS their program.  If kids transfer there to play basketball, that is on them.  I have had close contact with this program for years and there is no recruiting going on.  Our coaches are fine men with morals and integrity.  I know that is a concept that some on this board can not grasp!
[/quote]

That's what kills Dickie - HJ builds its program ethically.  They have had one transfer in the last 5 years who had ZERO contact with the coaching staff until he was attending the school.  When those that DV holds in high esteem prove that they are less than credible, he simply resorts to "everyone else does it".

Hey CoachKfanatic, I happen to know that the HJ coaches ARE of high morals and integrity...Great guys, all of them...I am NOT accusing those guys of recruiting, but am merely giving stevenash as hard of a time as I can!! I KNOW they don't actively recruit kids to HJ..I KNOW this...Sometimes kids WILL show up there...It happens in all quality programs....You guys on here have a real MOB mentality sometimes!! Geesh! :-\

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1225045" timestamp="1337706868"]
Hey CoachKfanatic, I happen to know that the HJ coaches ARE of high morals and integrity...Great guys, all of them...I am NOT accusing those guys of recruiting, but am merely giving stevenash as hard of a time as I can!! I KNOW they don't actively recruit kids to HJ..I KNOW this...[b]Sometimes kids WILL show up there[/b]...It happens in all quality programs....You guys on here have a real MOB mentality sometimes!! Geesh! :-\
[/quote]

Far less frequently than any other program with which you are familiar.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1226754" timestamp="1338297735"]
Homeless, that was NOT breaking news! EVERYBODY in TEXAS knew that kid was not eligible at Kimball!  8)
[/quote]

Yes and there are several more at several other schools that EVERYBODY Doesnt know are ineligible.  Furthermore, some that DO know it are trying to conceal it or refuse to acknowledge it.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1226759" timestamp="1338299335"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100142.msg1226754#msg1226754 date=1338297735]
Homeless, that was NOT breaking news! EVERYBODY in TEXAS knew that kid was not eligible at Kimball!  8)
[/quote]

Yes and there are several more at several other schools that EVERYBODY Doesnt know are ineligible.  Furthermore, some that DO know it are trying to conceal it or refuse to acknowledge it.
[/quote]
I think your transfers into HJ are OK, nash.... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1226761" timestamp="1338299480"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100142.msg1226759#msg1226759 date=1338299335]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100142.msg1226754#msg1226754 date=1338297735]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think your transfers into HJ are OK, nash.... ::)
[/quote]

Correction- TransferS should be Transfer- one if FIVE YEARS( another fact you cant change)

OK, I will go with you having ONE in 5 years.... ::)...Thats the only one that the public really knows about...Tell me nash...can you NAME any of the Yates transfers and WHY they came to Yates? Were they considered ineligible, or maybe perhaps they followed the one year transfer status rule and did NOT play varsity immediately? If this is so, WHY is it considered "cheating" in your estimation, if they indeed followed the rules and procedures of the University Interscholastic League?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1226789" timestamp="1338301789"]
OK, I will go with you having ONE in 5 years.... ::)...Thats the only one that the public really knows about...Tell me nash...can you NAME any of the Yates transfers and WHY they came to Yates? Were they considered ineligible, or maybe perhaps they followed the one year transfer status rule and did NOT play varsity immediately? If this is so, WHY is it considered "cheating" in your estimation, if they indeed followed the rules and procedures of the University Interscholastic League?
[/quote]\

Often times, all facts about how a student got to a school are not made known.  Sort of like the mother who recently said the Kimball coaches would help her find a house or she could stay in her neighborhood and they would arrange transportation for her son.  Dickie, its not just me suspecting Yates.  Hundreds of others think the same thing.  Although, I know you want to believe that it is founded in jealousy/envy, there are simply too many who believe something is wrong there.  Lets say that the Ozen staff decides to coach AAU ball this year ( they can coach anyone but their own players) and they get to know a number of very good players and some good relationships develop over that time.  Surely you aren't so naive to believe nothing happens.  ( of course not, you know it happens and will attempt to justify it by saying HJ had one move in during the last five years- what a joke.

Why don't you run a poll on this board and see how many people believe Yates runs a clean program.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1226803" timestamp="1338302811"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100142.msg1226789#msg1226789 date=1338301789]
[/quote]\

Often times, all facts about how a student got to a school are not made known.  Sort of like the mother who recently said the Kimball coaches would help her find a house or she could stay in her neighborhood and they would arrange transportation for her son.  Dickie, its not just me suspecting Yates.  Hundreds of others think the same thing.  Although, I know you want to believe that it is founded in jealousy/envy, there are simply too many who believe something is wrong there.  Lets say that the Ozen staff decides to coach AAU ball this year ( they can coach anyone but their own players) and they get to know a number of very good players and some good relationships develop over that time.  Surely you aren't so naive to believe nothing happens.  ( of course not, you know it happens and will attempt to justify it by saying HJ had one move in during the last five years- what a joke.

Why don't you run a poll on this board and see how many people believe Yates runs a clean program.
[/quote]
That poll would be flawed because I can ask the same about KINGWOOD and get a totally different response...Need I say more?  Once again, I KNOW the head coach at Yates just as well as you know the one at HJ...He does not "buddy up" with kids so they will come to Yates and play..Not his personality, even a little bit...Its a mob mentality that you people have about Yates...They have broken NO RULES and the UIL has said the same..If they have, so has Hardin Jefferson...Think any kids transferred from Central to HJ for the atmospere and academics? NO....It was for BASKETBALL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder