Orangefield AD gives up his post!

[quote name="catfever" post="1228207" timestamp="1338672939"]
If the numbers aren't down because of a coach, then why did my son tell me that [b]10-15 new kids were getting into football before we even have a new head coach.  These are kids who played a few years ago, but got out.[/b]  I guess they think the next coach will make it easy.
[/quote]

I wouldn't blame it on the coach. I would say these kids are probably weak. I would imagine there will much division from the kids who stuck it out and learned how to be tough.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="catfever" post="1228207" timestamp="1338672939"]
If the numbers aren't down because of a coach, then why did my son tell me that 10-15 new kids were getting into football before we even have a new head coach.  These are kids who played a few years ago, but got out.  I guess they think the next coach will make it easy.
[/quote]

You are pretty much right on. :P

[quote name="catfever" post="1228208" timestamp="1338673208"]
So I guess working on individual skills is pointless.  Such as catching grounders, hitting in a cage, shooting free throws, dribbling drills.  All the things that you must have in order to be good at a sport.  Because it doesn't fit into your little categories, then the kids who practice them aren't working.  You have to have all of it in order to be good.  You have to work on speed, strength, and all those individual skills that you don't work your butt off doing.  Broaden your horizon.
[/quote]

See you are putting words in my mouth. Never said working on individual skills is pointless.  Do you honestly think that it takes the same amount of work in each sport? Wow is all I can say. I am about the big picture not the little screen you are veiwing from. OK so they have to work on speed, strengh and individual  skills. I agree with that, I though they were, except you guys seem to think they are not under coach Huck. You are a Huck hater I am a Huck supporter that will never change.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1228182" timestamp="1338657685"]
Only football players work hard?  Ridiculous statements.
[/quote]

Not what I said, If you think that the same conditioning applies between the two sports then I guess you never played football or ran track, because what you are telling me is that all sports are equal and require the same strenght and conditioning. If that is the case then what Coach Huck was doing was right on. See, I am about all sports not one. I am about the team not my kid. Not saying you are about your kid, just letting you know what I am about.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1228209" timestamp="1338673873"]
[quote author=catfever link=topic=100135.msg1228207#msg1228207 date=1338672939]
If the numbers aren't down because of a coach, then why did my son tell me that [b]10-15 new kids were getting into football before we even have a new head coach.  These are kids who played a few years ago, but got out.[/b]  I guess they think the next coach will make it easy.
[/quote]

I wouldn't blame it on the coach. I would say these kids are probably weak. I would imagine there will much division from the kids who stuck it out and learned how to be tough.
[/quote]

Nice post Rizon. I could not agree more.

Here is the deal, am I taking up for football? Yes I am but only because Orangefield was down for many years and since Huck came we were winning again. I won't us to win in every sport.  Is that realistic? No it is not because in less a miracle happens we will never win in track and the sad thing is track is the key to everything. In order for Orangefield to be sucessful kids need to play multiple sports. You have to have your best athletes on the field be it football, basketball, baseball or any other sport. If kids start speacializing at a 3A school then the program is doomed as a whole and that is what we are taking about "The Whole Program" right? Lets see, football team was competitive, basketball had winning season, baseball went to the playoffs, Golf team won district, girls basketball playoffs, girls volleyball playoffs, girls softball playoffs and girls golf team district champs. I would say that is a pretty good year for Orangefield with Coach Huck as AD. Lets wait and see what happens next year, then we will talk again. I keep hearing Smalleys name come up, if he was smart he would stay at Bridge City and by the way I like Josh very much. Numbers are down at a lot of schools and I guess it is the "AD's" fault at all the other schools also.

Riding solo you cannot be more right, if you want a good program All must work, basketball cannot skip offseason and scrimmage , baseball cannot just hit, kids that want to just do those sports, more power to them , but don't blame the coach when he works their butt off to produce a football program.

The last word on that was what came from the Enterprise and that is that interviews supposedly started yesterday, so we should get a list (if they decide to release it) pretty soon.

I believe the target is to have the new coach named at Orangefield is next Monday night

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1228595" timestamp="1338909967"]
The last word on that was what came from the Enterprise and that is that interviews supposedly started yesterday, so we should get a list (if they decide to release it) pretty soon.

I believe the target is to have the new coach named at Orangefield is next Monday night
[/quote]

Was at the administration building yesterday and saw one of them but not saying who.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder