19-4A all district

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Hat Creek" post="1217515" timestamp="1336051514"]
Results should be out soon.  Who do you have?  If it is based on stats and not popularity, there should be some surprises.
[/quote]

Hopefully they will not be out for quite a while. They will not be made public until all the teams in 19-4A are eliminated from the playoffs.

By the way, whose stats you going to base your decisions on?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Hat Creek" post="1218746" timestamp="1336194846"]
i did not say i was making any decisions;  i dont have all the stats.  that is up to the coaches
[/quote]

That was my point. High school baseball stats are very subjective. There is not an offical scorer. Most of the time some kid is keeping the books.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="ragarm55" post="1218766" timestamp="1336218990"]
Come on GCMPats...Base hits and errors are generally the decision of an assigned coach working with whomever is keeping the official book.  No one lets student athletes decide that stuff.
[/quote]

You would be surprised.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1218783" timestamp="1336224568"]
[quote author=ragarm55 link=topic=99652.msg1218766#msg1218766 date=1336218990]
Come on GCMPats...Base hits and errors are generally the decision of an assigned coach working with whomever is keeping the official book.  No one lets student athletes decide that stuff.
[/quote]

You would be surprised.
[/quote]

Yes you would.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1219022" timestamp="1336261800"]
Well someone's gotta do em. You don't like who's keeping stats then do it yourself.
[/quote]

I did for three years. The point is that coaches do not.

I would say , Hunter Hearn as new comer of the year . Crosby , Davenport , pitcher Crosby , Bryce Armstrong OF- Dayton . Brad Sowell 2nd base Dayton . Not sure of his Name , But the SS for Barbers Hill . The 1rst baseman for the Hill or Gcm would be a good choice . Saw the stud pitchers for both Gcm And the Hill Struggle a little at times this year but probably still ended up having a heck of a year . When it comes down to it who really knows who the coaches will vote for . Good luck to all the young men , I'm sure you all shined at some point in the season . 19-4A ROCKS , AND WE MAY talk smack to each other during and after the season , but when it is 19-4a against other districts we all pull for each other . Gonna hate to see some of the teams leaving 19-4a next year . good luck to yall in your new districts .

[quote name="Baseballfan22" post="1220596" timestamp="1336687347"]
They need to go ahead an make the picks public!! I think most of the players already have been told at least some have!!
[/quote]

I guess they do not handle it like football then, because the coaches do not even meet to decide until there are no District teams left in the playoffs. 

[quote name="Hat Creek" post="1217515" timestamp="1336051514"]
Results should be out soon.  Who do you have?  If it is based on stats and not popularity, there should be some surprises.
[/quote]From what i have seen so far , i would say its based more on popularity . Dayton has a kid that played flawless defense from pre-district all the way through district . 0 errors all year . He was put in the same category as a kid with double digit errors on the year , and below a kid that had double digit errors . Some of the plays this kid made were far from routine . He was the most solid infieder on the dayton squad , hands down .

[quote name="Hail_Mary" post="1220662" timestamp="1336702371"]
[quote author=Baseballfan22 link=topic=99652.msg1220596#msg1220596 date=1336687347]
They need to go ahead an make the picks public!! I think most of the players already have been told at least some have!!
[/quote]

I guess they do not handle it like football then, because the coaches do not even meet to decide until there are no District teams left in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Well the picks are in the coaches got together over a week ago!!

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1220792" timestamp="1336752998"]
[quote author=Hat Creek link=topic=99652.msg1217515#msg1217515 date=1336051514]
[/quote]From what i have seen so far , i would say its based more on popularity . Dayton has a kid that played flawless defense from pre-district all the way through district . 0 errors all year . He was put in the same category as a kid with double digit errors on the year , and below a kid that had double digit errors . Some of the plays this kid made were far from routine . He was the most solid infieder on the dayton squad , hands down .
[/quote]

You know they look at the numbers on offense first!! If you can't get it done at the plate your defense is going to be over looked!! If coaches vote on players that are not on their team then being picked for popularity is slim because look at the first year Versity players named to the teams..

[quote name="Baseballfan22" post="1220897" timestamp="1336764087"]
[quote author=DaytonBaseball101 link=topic=99652.msg1220792#msg1220792 date=1336752998]
[/quote]

You know they look at the numbers on offense first!! If you can't get it done at the plate your defense is going to be over looked!! If coaches vote on players that are not on their team then being picked for popularity is slim because look at the first year Versity players named to the teams..
[/quote]Old saying goes defense wins championships !!!! If you cant play defense you dont stand a chance . Defense ( errors cost Dayton several 1 run games ) kept Dayton out of the playoffs . And if i remember correctly nobody tore it up at the plate except the armstrong kid . From what i heard , it was the sowell kid that had the hit that kept Daytons chances alive for a shot at the playoffs . If they are going to base district honors on what you do at the plate , then they shouldn't attach a position with the recognition . Dont think there was a better 2nd baseman in the district than sowell , and certainly not a more dependable infielder on the dayton team than sowell . Statistics will back that statement up . Think he is going to be a junior next year so he has time to get the recognition he deserves . Hate to see kids get robbed .

Good stuff. Lots of youth on that Dayton team. They will only get better. As far as the all district selections go, as with any baseball awards at all levels, defense falls short to hitting every time. Been a ton of dang good defensive players not acknowledged over the years because they couldnt hit their weight. Its what you do as a whole that determines whether or not you're selected. And usually what you do at the plate makes more of an impression. If you hit you will stick in the minds of the coaches who are voting. Congratulations to all the boys who received all district honors.

• 2 weeks later...
Our coach wouldn't let the verdict out till all19-4a teams were out.I just wanted to see if there was a web site to see now that all 19-4a teams are out..
P.S.Be proud my lil homies from the Hill,It was a nice run...
Now off to Alvin CC for some summer baseball..

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="1226424" timestamp="1338124424"]
Our coach wouldn't let the verdict out till all19-4a teams were out.I just wanted to see if there was a web site to see now that all 19-4a teams are out..
P.S.Be proud my lil homies from the Hill,It was a nice run...
Now off to Alvin CC for some summer baseball..
[/quote]

You guy's playing at Alvin cc today?

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1221234" timestamp="1336788808"]
[quote author=Baseballfan22 link=topic=99652.msg1220897#msg1220897 date=1336764087]
[quote author=DaytonBaseball101 link=topic=99652.msg1220792#msg1220792 date=1336752998]
[/quote]
I know from speaking with our baseball coach, his own coach has to put his name out there. If the coach feels the kid may not get a fair shake, he won't even nominate him. I know this because I feel our 3rd baseman was overlooked, so I asked how the process works, but most of the time , just like you say it's some bull shigidy,lol

[/quote]Old saying goes defense wins championships !!!! If you cant play defense you dont stand a chance . Defense ( errors cost Dayton several 1 run games ) kept Dayton out of the playoffs . And if i remember correctly nobody tore it up at the plate except the armstrong kid . From what i heard , it was the sowell kid that had the hit that kept Daytons chances alive for a shot at the playoffs . If they are going to base district honors on what you do at the plate , then they shouldn't attach a position with the recognition . Dont think there was a better 2nd baseman in the district than sowell , and certainly not a more dependable infielder on the dayton team than sowell . Statistics will back that statement up . Think he is going to be a junior next year so he has time to get the recognition he deserves . Hate to see kids get robbed .
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder