H-D Offensive System and Players?

I personally love the spread option like Oregon runs. Very hard to defend. Although the "I" Formation is hard to beat. H-D has 3 very quick and agile RB's in Tyler Drake, Austin Edmondson and  Garrett Hickman. It's going to be interesting to see just what offense Coach Finney runs. The I formation would be a good fit for Tyler Drake and his power running. The Veer may be the best option. I'm excited to see what we run. I'm looking forward to seeing Tyler Redman and Dylan Luce make some contributions this season. Redman was an unbelievable RB in junior high and as a freshmen, last season with no JV he was MIA. I believe sophomore Dylan Luce at 6'4 216lbs will be newcomer of the year. To have that size in a 1A school is scary, his potential is huge! Kid has never really lifted weights. On the line Chris Taylor and Brady Ben should dominate, both are big strong kids. Another sleeper is former Crosby OLB Eddie Metcalf in his Senior year. Go Bobcats!

In year's past Coach Finney has ran a "small" amount of plays but just formationed the heck out of people.  If you can draw it on paper, Coach Finney has ran it.  It was not uncommon to see Maud in 5 wide on 1 play and then be in double tight wishbone the next.  He is definitely going to give people a variety of looks.  So in all seriousness you will probably see all of the above offenses that you just mentioned. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1216551" timestamp="1335833039"]
Whatever offense works for the personnel that you have is the one you should go with.
[/quote]

If you want to enter a horse race you better have a horse..  in other words he's probably a good enough coach to run whatever system fits the kids he has.

I can assure you that coach Finney will tailor the offense to the talent available...like the poster said about Maud we ran multiple formations to confuse the defense but the offensive schemes were pretty simple...we ran the power I when we had the horses to control the game and the spread with all the options when we had a QB that could run that offense...whatever the attack is, I can promise you the kids will be prepared and the defense will be swarming and attacking...he doesn't teach anything dirty or illegal but his teams play till the whistle finishes blowing and to hit anything that has the wrong color on...hard!!!

[quote name="EastTxguru" post="1217119" timestamp="1335964779"]
I can assure you that coach Finney will tailor the offense to the talent available...like the poster said about Maud we ran multiple formations to confuse the defense but the offensive schemes were pretty simple...we ran the power I when we had the horses to control the game and the spread with all the options when we had a QB that could run that offense...whatever the attack is, I can promise you the kids will be prepared and the defense will be swarming and attacking...he doesn't teach anything dirty or illegal but his teams play till the whistle finishes blowing and to hit anything that has the wrong color on...hard!!!
[/quote]Can't wait!! I'm excited!!

[quote name="LP2012" post="1217367" timestamp="1335998904"]
As of now who is going to replace the QB from HD if im not mistaken he is graduating is there already a frontrunner, or is the spot up for grabs?
[/quote]As of right now the QB position is wide open. I am sure Coach Finney is wondering the same thing. Good thing is, he has a bunch of good athletes to choose from. That is why, I was wondering what offense we were running. Austin Edmondson and Garrett Hickman would be good at QB.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="jdb44" post="1217461" timestamp="1336014602"]
I don't know who HD has who can or can't play QB, but if I had a son in a backup spot in say Liberty or the surrounding area, I would be looking for a house in the HD school district. 
[/quote]

THIS!  We have, hands down, the best coach in the area. 

[quote name="jdb44" post="1217461" timestamp="1336014602"]
I don't know who HD has who can or can't play QB, but if I had a son in a backup spot in say Liberty or the surrounding area, I would be looking for a house in the HD school district.
[/quote]
I understand you guys excitement with the new staff, but at the end of the day your still a team who didn't make the playoffs last years in a very small 1A district, and a team that graduated your best players from that non playoff team, so I doubt anyone in Liberty would leave a program that last year finally got back to the playoffs, this season saw major improvement at 7-3 but barely missing out on the playoffs by 5 points, and as far as a backup QB from Liberty ours graduated, and the upcoming spot is to be determined, but it's highly unlikely that anyone would leave Liberty for HD at this point in time.

No Liberty player that was worth anything would ever move to HD for football reasons. Not trying to down HD or anything, but it does not make alot of sense to leave Liberty when we are returning the entire back field, so the back ups have a chance to learn from some great players, and improve then get their chance to start for a team that has a lot of potential.

All I am saying is this, there is a guy coaching at HD that will bring excitement and a will to win to a program that in the past has been pretty good. If I, me, maybe not you, but me, If I had a son that had the chance to play for Coach Finney and I were able to move to where he is coaching, I would do it because they have a better english department, because everyone knows you can't move for athletic purposes.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1217590" timestamp="1336059727"]
I know you can't move for athletic purposes but you dang sure would not want to move to HD for academic purposes.
[/quote]LOL. H-D actually has a decent ranking in academics. Higher than most the schools in our area. H-D and Liberty were both given a 6 out of 10. Hardin and West Hardin were lower. H-D has just as good academics as Liberty. http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/us/texas/daisetta/hull-daisetta-h-s/

[quote name="LP2012" post="1217645" timestamp="1336066685"]
Actually liberty is a lot harder than hd. You have to do more than show up to pass which is why hd gets more devers kids than libertys anybody whO has gone to both schools recently will tell you the same thing
[/quote]

Liberty classes may be more strict... but the above link shows Liberty and HD having the same academic rating.  That's based on state test scores, and everybody takes the same test.

But how much is standardized testing helping the kids who want to go to college? If you want your child to succeed in college, than Liberty is the better choice. Now, Liberty students take college courses online and the school pays for them as long as the students make a B. So Liberty is the better academic choice.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1217699" timestamp="1336072847"]
But how much is standardized testing helping the kids who want to go to college? If you want your child to succeed in college, than Liberty is the better choice. Now, Liberty students take college courses online and the school pays for them as long as the students make a B. So Liberty is the better academic choice.
[/quote]Did you read the link above? H-D scored the same as Liberty and actually spent more money per child preparing them for testing and college. Plus at a smaller school, each student gets more one on one time. Liberty needs to step it up, especially as a 3A. lol.  ;) ;D

HD offers online college classes too...like a lot of high school.

I will admit, Liberty definately will have a bigger variety of classes to take. But face it..very few schools actually prepare kids for college. I thought I was ready..I didn't have a clue. I had to figure it out

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83