All-District

LCM#1

Don't know all of the team, but here are the Lumberton girls that made 37AAAA All District. ( From LHS website)

Offensive MVP- Katie Evans
Midfielder of the year- Shay Mitchell
GoalKeeper of the Year- Makenzie Watts

[b]First Team All District-[/b]
Erin Miller
Lauren Glover
Haley Bowman
Holly Scarborough
Lanie Smith

[b]Second Team All District[/b]-
Lexi Baggett
Casey Gutierrez
Kennedy Cline
Brittany Tremblay

[b]Honorable Mention-[/b]
Macy Mitchell
Sidney Duckworth
Destin Corley

Congrats to all. I hope we can find out the rest soon. Maybe the Enterprise will put it in Sundays paper.

Now, my gripe.  :o  The Lady Raiders dominated every team in this district. How could they not have the MVP?

Guest TruthMatters
First, congratulations to all the girls that were honored for their hard work this season, and congrats for the great showing in the playoffs.  @Five o'clock somewhere:  15 girls were honored.  That's more than a full team.  ;). MVP is "most valuable player", not "most valuable team."  We already knew y'all were that, so that's how the coaches were able to come up with any girl from the district, not just one from the dominant team. 

@TruthMatters- I don't know who was awarded MVP of the league. Maybe that would help me understand better. And what was the selection criteria? Stats alone don't always tell the whole story. I know that Coach Hopson limits scoring by his starters to avoid running up the score against a weaker team. Do all coaches do the same? I Dunno.
Of course, since I watched all of the Lady Raider games, I could make a case for 2 or three players that were as good or better than any player I saw them play against in district play. But I admit I am biased.  ;D

And I have no idea why there are 15 players from Lumberton awarded. ??? Several do come off of the bench. Seems in years past there were about 11 max per team. If someone has the entire All District team list, maybe there are more overall positions this year?  15 does sound high.

Honorable mention is the coach's choice.  The rest were selected as all district, so that makes 12 for Lumberton (still high).  However, the most valuable player from this district played for Lumberton and was not rewarded BECAUSE she does play for the dominant team.  The TRUTH is that if she played for any other team in that district, she would have been the best player and leader on that team.  Stats played way too big a roll in determining honors this year and that's a shame.  Lumberton had 3 district games where 7 different girls scored goals.  If he would have left his leading scorers in the game, it would have been worse, but i guess thats what the coaches who voted want to see, STATS!  The girl that was nominated is a [b]good[/b] player, and without doubt, in time, will become a [u]great[/u] player, but the [b]best[/b] player on her team was nominated as defensive player of the year.  She scored the most goals against the best team in district and nearly completely stopped them from scoring at all in the first game while playing defense while the "District MVP" never took a shot or had an assist against Lumberton.  They got it wrong and thats a fact, but good lockerroom material for next season i guess.

Guest TruthMatters
Ms. Glover, I assure you that 99% of coaches limit scores against an inferior team by placing restrictions on goals (i.e. goals from only headers) or removing the starters.  Just ask other teams in your district, as well as those outside your district.  Remember that all those awards are voted on by ALL the coaches, not just one, so the MVP had to have had a majority.  Maybe that girl would've stood out if she was on a team, such as yours, where there would have been supporting team members?  Maybe your coach is a good coach and knows how to shut down a good player so she didn't have a chance to score or assist?  I don't even know who the MVP is but I'm very curious now.  However, I would be very hurt if I was her parent to read your comments. 

@fiveoclocksomewhere:  I hope you didn't take my post wrong.  I'm not questioning the # of Lumberton girls that were recognized.  I merely pointed out the # so maybe in reflection, you would see what an honor that was because Sometimes when we are complaining, we forget to count our blessings.  :)

37-4A Girls

MVP - Alex Richardson, Jasper, FR
Offensive - Katie Evans, Lumberton, JR
Midfielder - Shay Mitchell, Lumberton, SO
Defensive - Pamela McFarland, Jasper, FR
Goalkeeper - Makenzie Watts, Lumberton, SR
Utility - Amanda Goenaga, Livingston, JR
Newcomer - Kimberli Smith, Silsbee, FR
Coach - Emily Pacetti, Silsbee

1st Team
Bethany Oswalt - Livingston
Bexi Castillo - Hardin-Jefferson
Brayli Griffin - Silsbee
Cara Leslie - Livingston
Emmalee Carter - Jasper
Erin Miller - Lumberton
Haley Bowman - Lumberton
Holly Scarborough - Lumberton
Ilse Carreon - Livingston
Kat Padgett - Hardin-Jefferson
Lanie Smith - Lumberton
Lauren Glover - Lumberton
Lauren Long - Jasper
Maria Lazo - Liberty
Marissa Durand - Jasper
Sierra Mitchell - Jasper
Tori Herod - Silsbee

2nd Team
Brittany Tremblay - Lumberton
Casey Gutierrez - Lumberton
Emily Jasso - Livingston
Erin Donalson - Silsbee
Julie Ramirez - Livingston
Kelsey Watson - Silsbee
Kennedy Cline - Lumberton
Lexi Baggett - Lumberton
Lupe Cuellar - Livingston
Maria Gallegos - Liberty
Maria Ortega - Liberty
Maris Briggs - Hardin-Jefferson
Robin Renfro - Jasper
Tori Harbin - Hardin-Jefferson
Victoria Lightfoot - Silsbee
Walker-Ann Wilson - Jasper
Whitney McShan - Jasper

CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS!

[quote name="RDRSCR08" post="1211871" timestamp="1334715300"]
Honorable mention is the coach's choice.  The rest were selected as all district, so that makes 12 for Lumberton (still high).  However, the most valuable player from this district played for Lumberton and was not rewarded BECAUSE she does play for the dominant team.  The TRUTH is that if she played for any other team in that district, she would have been the best player and leader on that team.  Stats played way too big a roll in determining honors this year and that's a shame.  Lumberton had 3 district games where 7 different girls scored goals.  If he would have left his leading scorers in the game, it would have been worse, but i guess thats what the coaches who voted want to see, STATS!  The girl that was nominated is a [b]good[/b] player, and without doubt, in time, will become a [u]great[/u] player, but the [b]best[/b] player on her team was nominated as defensive player of the year.  She scored the most goals against the best team in district and nearly completely stopped them from scoring at all in the first game while playing defense while the "District MVP" never took a shot or had an assist against Lumberton.  They got it wrong and thats a fact, but good lockerroom material for next season i guess.
[/quote]

i didnt see all of the games but, i have to agree. The Evans girl from Lumberton was amazing. I don't even remember the girl that was MVP. Jasper's defender was amazing and their center mid was quite memorable as well. From what I here, Lumberton hasn't lost a district game in this district. I guess the other coaches are jealous.

Guest TruthMatters
What are the other coaches jealous about, and how do you know this to be true?  It just seems like common sense, and little to do with coaching.  ...the teams with recreational soccer programs have a greater percentage of talent, and thus more playoff showings.  Go figure.

truth ??? are you saying that Lumberton girls would do just as good without Coach Hopson? I hope I am misunderstanding you. Yes Lumberton has recreational programs but Lumberton has had more success in the last 5 years since he has coached than any other coach that has been here? 5 straight district championships, 2 area championships, a winning playoff record and a regional coach of the year award...To say that winning just because of recreational programs rather than coaches seems a little absurd.

Once again I apologize if I have misunderstood you.

Coach Hopson did an amazing job this year with the Lumberton team. He made a lot of changes that not all of the parents understood at the beginning of the season but ended up making the team much stronger.... We appreciate all he has done for Lumberton Girls Soccer.   

Again, Congratulations to all of the girls that made All-District. We may not agree with all of the decisions made but it is what it is.....

Guest TruthMatters
Coach L, I replied to your question. 

You asked, "truth  are you saying that Lumberton girls would do just as good without Coach Hopson?"

It is good to hear some discussion on these boards! Thank to all who are posting!

@ Truth- Yes I understand your point about Lady Raiders having a bounty of players on the All District team. We are very fortunate in that regard. Still, that should not affect who is the best player in the district. But it does.

And I have to agree with RDRSCR08 ( Ms. Glover?) about the MVP choice by the coaches. In the two games in her district against Lumberton she never got a sniff of the goal. But she led the district in goals scored, so she wins MVP? That ain't right! No coach in the league held back his top scorers the way Hopson did. No way I will agree there. 
All in all, it must be difficult for the coaches to pick these teams. Congrats to all of the awardees. They all work hard and deserve notice. Now, if the Enterprise would ever post the teams!

And yep, Coach Hopson has done a dang good job with these Lumberton girls. I have coached about 80% of his players in Club Soccer over the past 7-8 years. And they all improve quite a bit when he gets them in his program. Some of it is practicing 5 days a week vs 2 days a week, but mostly he works hard to be a good teacher. Club soccer is available to every player in the district. Some choose to play and some don't. They may focus on other sports, while the Lumberton girls [i]and boys[/i] focus on soccer. 
Props to Coach Hopson and Coach Luttrell for keeping the players interested enough to keep working to improve.

Anyway, these are my thoughts and opinions as a parent observing the program for the past 7 years!

At TRUTH MATTERS, you responded to a post put on here by RDRSCRO8.  At the begnining of your response, you started out "Ms. Glover."  There is nothing in that RDRSCR08 that should give you any indication of this person being a Glover.  So, here is my issue with all this.  Obviously, the post you responded to was talking in reference to the awards given to the Lumberton and Jasper teams.  Obviously, you are either very familiar with these teams or apart of one in some fashion whether it be parent, home team fan, etc...I would hope so being you have put so much time in on here. There is no Ms. Glover besides myself that has a dog in the hunt on either of these teams as my daughter plays for Lumberton.  I have never even posted on here and did not even know about any of this until someone pointed it out to me.  Even if you are not referring to ME, you have NAMED a person in your response without any indication from anything on this strand of posts that gives you a Ms Glover to start you response out with. Do you get what I am saying Truth Matters?  I will be very persistent until i get to the bottom of this.  My character is being flawed and close friends of mine's kids are being talked about by others and YOU have made it appear to be ME. The least you could do is assist me in clearing this matter up.  If it was not me you are referring to, that's great but it sure is coincidental.  If you think it was me, please explain your sources as you have no idea what this could or could have caused if the parents of these girls did not know me any better.  I may be a competitive parent in the stands cheering on my daughter and her teammates but I am not one to get on a public forum and put out reasons why any of these young ladies should or should not have received an award.  Especially, when one of the MVP's from Jasper talked about in the post (as it obviously appears) plays with my daughter on the Spindletop Twisters and of who I truly care for.  This is the same girl that begged her mother to let her miss school and sleep in a chair beside my daughter in the hospital when she broke her ankle and had surgery.  This could also effect my daughter in ways and that just wont be acceptable.  You might want to study defamation of character and slander before you start putting names on here prior to gathering the correct information.

RDRSCR08, as you may have gathered, it is YOUR post that was responded to.  However, you didnt even step up to clarify.  Is that what you do?  Throw out your two sense and let someone else take the fall for it?

As far as I am concerned at this point, you are both in the wrong!!!! 

Notify

[quote name="fiveoclocksomewhere" post="1210219" timestamp="1334350822"]
Don't know all of the team, but here are the Lumberton girls that made 37AAAA All District. ( From LHS website)

Offensive MVP- Katie Evans
Midfielder of the year- Shay Mitchell
GoalKeeper of the Year- Makenzie Watts

[b]First Team All District-[/b]
Erin Miller
Lauren Glover
Haley Bowman
Holly Scarborough
Lanie Smith

[b]Second Team All District[/b]-
Lexi Baggett
Casey Gutierrez
Kennedy Cline
Brittany Tremblay

[b]Honorable Mention-[/b]
Macy Mitchell
Sidney Duckworth
Destin Corley

Congrats to all. I hope we can find out the rest soon. Maybe the Enterprise will put it in Sundays paper.

Now, my gripe.  :o  The Lady Raiders dominated every team in this district. How could they not have the MVP?
[/quote]
Congrats to ALL

• 5 weeks later...
wow, rayd88, tell us how you really feel.  Two words.... OVER KILL!  i suggest, since you said you never read these boards until now, you should probably go back to not reading them if you cant handle what is said.  This is a place for people to post their [b]opinions[/b] about things pertaining to area soccer.  I can tell you now that the more you read into what people post on here, the more you will get frustrated.  No, there was no "slander" or "defamation", just your opinion of it.  I do not current these boards either, maybe once or twice a month, sometimes less (you can check my history).  So I wasnt even aware, until now, that Truth thought i was you. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder