metroplex domination

fwcoa

Looks like it will happen again......Big 5A SLC.......Small 5A Cedar Hill.......

We lose out in 4A but watch Celina in 3A......when was the last time a state champ came from the extended golden triangle.......You can even throw in the houston area if you want to.......

Guest Cherokee Nation

Looks like it will happen again......Big 5A SLC.......Small 5A Cedar Hill.......

We lose out in 4A but watch Celina in 3A......when was the last time a state champ came from the extended golden triangle.......You can even throw in the houston area if you want to.......

Newton last year in 2A

Guest 972BBallCoach

I can tell you why the Metroplex dominates. Facilities.! I coach up here and our facilities are second to none. Our high school staduim is larger if not as big as S.F.A.'s and our pressbox looks like Kyle Field (a little exaggeration there) but it is HUGE. Our fields are turf (notice the word "fields"). We have an inside facilitiy that is the size of 2 football fields side by side all under a roof. We have an extra practice field as well. Not to mention our state of the art weightroom that is inside our staduim. When I coached in the Golden Triangle I always wondered why teams up here in Dallas are better. Not to mention that up here kids practice their sport year round. Even the smaller schools a lot of kids do this. It takes from some programs and every once in a while a kid will play more than 1 sport. It does happen. I can see the pressbox in my backyard and I live around 3-4 miles away from the field. Also, there is another school that their field is bigger than ours. There is no doubt in my mind that the talent is in the Beaumont area, but if you want to compete with everyone else, some schools are going to have to fork up some money. I can't believe nobody has turf. I thought for sure atleast the BISD would've already went to this. I guess Kelly will have to do it and everyone can fall in love with it then.

sorry cherokee nation.......this was a response to an earlier discussion about bigger schools......I will be the first to admit that East Texas is where it is small 3A and down.....but big 3A and up belongs to DFW area......I didn't make myself clear.....

And I agree 972.......If people from the Golden Triangle could come up here and see how far behind they are, I think it would be a real eye opener......I know the Berry Center in Cy-Fair is great.....but everyone up here is like that.......Check out MISD's new stadium......SLC, Birdville, Grapevine, HEB, The new stadium in Dallas, Kinkaid I think is the name.....Unbeliveable........

Yea but you guys are in a booming area compared to the GT are down here. Do you guys not have somewhat larger tax base in the some of the schools that you listed above?

please don't bunch us up with Houston.......but if you must-

Houston St.Pius and their gang of thugs beat Dallas team for state this year.

Since when does artificial turf make a team better? Good for knee doctors.

oh yeah, Burkeville.2001 I think

and , again, if you must include Houston.........

Katy 2000,2003

probably Lamarque will win another

Also, compare apples to apples......metroplex to golden triangle?

we have 2- 5a schools, the 2-4a districts , and a slew of 3a,2a schools.......

what's in dfw? about 100 5a schools........makes odds a little better that one of your teams will sneak through........

I said to include the Houston area........There is some good football down there......It is just the programs down there are behind the programs up here.......

Turf does not make a program......but it does show a committment to a program.......the new turf is just like grass.......it diws not hurt the joints like the hard pan stuff........

Please do not include TAPPS in this discussion.......nobody cares......we are talking UIL........

I will reitterate what 972 and I have said........if you get a chance to come up here and watch or be a part of a program up here, take it......you will see what we are talking about.......

I don't think Westfield has won a state championship recently......There are more 5A schools in the greater Houston Area than there are in the DFW area.......

Guest 972BBallCoach

I do have to agree that $$$ does seperate the different areas. There are a lot of teams in East Texas that have turf fields. These schools have no more money than schools in South East Texas, but these schools recognize that in order to compete in Athletics, you have to have nice facilities. I was lucky growing up. My school always had the nicest facilities around. This made me and my teammates take pride in everything. This made the community take pride as well. Then things were expected out of our teams and we delivered. Facilities brings communities together. I do agree that a turf field will not guarantee you a state championship, however if you are moving to an area in Texas, where would you send your kid ? Would you send the kid to a school where the fields and facilities aren't top notch or would you send the kid to a school where everything is state of the art ? I personally would select the state of the art. I honestly feel once Kelly puts turf down and the other schools see how much money it will save them (over 10 years) the Golden Triangle will be able to compete with the Metroplex and greater Houston Areas. It's not just the fields I am talking about. Figure in weight rooms, field houses, gyms (even though the Golden Triangle has taken a step forward in this area) & practice fields. It's sad to say but the rich schools will always be able to have an advantage over not as fortunate schools. I also know $$$ for coaches is another reason why you have "better" schools up here. I was bought out. I know that a beginning teacher can make $42,000 a year up here compared to $24,000 in a lot of schools in the Golden Triangle. I guess the question is "How bad do schools want to win?"

Yeah......you're right........all those chemical plant / refineries we have up here......wait....they are all built down there.......You guys have the tax base to do whatever you want to do.........we do have industry but not nearl what you guys have........

We are not just talking about facilities.....I am talking about prgrams in general......I will take WO-S for example........they get away with the things they do because nobody down there has the speed to match up with them.......If you put 11 men within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage up here, you will give up 100 points a game.......If someone would bring a metroplex offense down there, and install it correctly....they would dominate......The teams I have seen try to run the spread down there have no idea how to run it......everything is drop back (5 step)pro and routes.......NO BUENO.......you have to be able to throw the quick game......

You just have to experience this up here is all I can say......

If BISD would hire someone from up here......out of a SLC / Highland Park program....at Ozen.....Lookout.....it would be bad for everyone in that area......

Guest Cherokee Nation

Yeah......you're right........all those chemical plant / refineries we have up here......wait....they are all built down there.......You guys have the tax base to do whatever you want to do.........we do have industry but not nearl what you guys have........

Not exactly true about the refineries. It hurts schools in the long run. Take PN-G for instance. They have been sending upwards of 15 million per year because of the tax base generated by the refineries. The districts down here have not gotten to see that money thanks to Robin Hood. I think one big reason why the Metroplex does so well is expansion. Y'alls schools are getting bigger and bigger. Much more people moving in. Take SLC for example. They went from a 3A to large 5A in a matter of 15 years. People aren't moving into the Golden Triangle, they are moving out. People can make much better livings in the big cities.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Not every city down here has those huge refineries and oil tycoons. It's mostly the towns closer to the port cities. Places like Liberty, Jefferson, San Jacinto counties and east are fairly north of most of this.

just curious.....when was the last time a team IN "Dallas" or "Fort Worth" won anything? Not the white flight suburbs, but a city school..Carter?..before it got stripped?

And Tapps is football, but it doesnt count in your book cuz they won this year?

as far as the offense...the sl/c spread is being run down here....not every hick team down here is still running the winged t or the bone.

FYI, BISD is one screwed up district.might have a kid one year, the next he might go to another school.......

youre having a good run up there, enjoy it while you can..won't last forever. permian had theirs, Golden Triangle has had theirs, San antone......its a cycle........

Hey my man.....I am from down there.....I know there is tradition and I respect where I came from........And yes, I know they are trying to run the spread......Lumberton used to try......not much success because the scheme was wrong......WO-S tries to run it but doesn't understand it......I love where I am up here......If you could be up here and see how things are done, you would understand.......The Golden Triangle is 20 years behind everyone else.......No way WO-S should lose in the 3A playoffs to a team that is not playing for the state title......no way Ozen should ever lose........Yes, BISD is screwed up.......it is the same way up here in the inner city districts......PN-G and Nederland could have SLC type programs......but they don't.....it is the whole attitude down there......it just isn't the same as it is up here.....it is not just in athletics......it is education in general........

Tell them 972

WO-S is lucky to be 3a..orange is on life support.....probably suit about 20 something kids, play half of em both ways

"no way Ozen should ever lose........" you clearly havent been around in a while.......if kids played where they where supposed to attend school, perhaps..but ozen, central, westbrook kids can come and go as they please..whichever program is showing sucess...why do you think ozen was so bad this year? Cuz Shaft was their coach? nah......Cuz WB had success the previous year.

You talk about Tradition? nothing can compare with PN-G.....don't care for the Indians....but........geez, gotta admire the fans........

BISD is gonna run another bond pass the people...included would be a new stadium serving all of BISD

972....Kelly gonna put in turf? ah man.another tuition hike........

Guest 972BBallCoach

FWCOA, These people do not understand what we are talking about. I will talk about education in the classroom. In the district I am in, every classroom has at least 5 computers in it. Each classroom has a projector as well. Each classroom has an elmo. There are a lot more opportunities in education alone. When I taught down there, I didn't have any of these. All I had was a book and desks. I do agree that B.I.S.D. is a lot like D.I.S.D. things aren't just ran as properly as they should. Athletically, WO-S and Ozen should never lose a football game, basketball game and track meet. They have more athletes than any other school by far. I am not bashing any coaching. It does not matter what you coach, a coach can only be as good as his players. However the more opportunities the students have, in my opinion the better athletes they can become. When turf is laid down, sure tuition is going to rise. But as parent, don't you want what is best for your children ? Don't you want them to have the best of the best ? In order to make money, you have to put up money.

MY REPLY ABOUT TUITION WAS CONCERNING KELLY HIGH, A PRIVATE SCHOOL.RANKED IN THE TOP OF TEXAS SCHOOLS FOR ACADEMICS. WE HAVE SPENT A SMALL FORTUNE HAVING MY DAUGHTER GO THERE INSTEAD OF BISD. HOPEFULLY, IF SHE GOES TO COLLEGE, WE'LL GET A TUITION BREAK. :D THEY HAVE ALSO BEEN PUMPING IN A LOT OF CASH FOR ATHLETICS AT MKCHS. :)

BISD'S MONEY GOES FOR NEW SCHOOLS, THAT ARE VIRTUALLY EMPTY BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE WRONG PART OF TOWN. STATE OF THE ART NEW SCHOOLS! OH YEAH, AND I THINK OUR SUPERINTENDENT IS HIGHEST PAID IN TEXAS.

MY SON ATTENDS BISD.THE DIFFENCE IN HIS EDUCATION AND SAS/MCKHS IS NIGHT AND DAY.

ANYWHO..YOU'VE BEEN GONE TOO LONG.....THINGS AT WESTBROOK AND OZEN CAN AND DO CHANGE OVERNIGHT. AND I'LL COME OUT AND SAY IT---M&M TRANSFERS AND BUSING.

WESTBROOK WILL CONTIUE TO GAIN GROUND. STUMP, DOING VIRTUALLY THE SAME THING AS DODGE, IS A VERY GOOD OFFENSIVE COACH..HIS DEFENSE IS PATHETIC. ONE OF THE HURDLES HE'S CLEARED IS GETTING JR HIGH (THAT FEED IN) TO RUN SAME OFFENSE AS WB. BEFORE THIS, JR HIGH COACHES WOULD PICK OUT THE BEST ATHELETES, GET EM TO GO BACK TO OZEN FOR HIGH SCHOOL...THATS THE TRUTH.

SO, DON'T SAY I DONT GET IT. I'M FED UP WITH IT. BISD IS A FLIPPING JOKE. :shock:

I do believe education is better in the suburbs of big cities, and hopefully we do catch up on the technology. First, we have to begin to hire some people from the outside that have new ideas. This goes for athletics as well. The nice fields are nice to have, but we don't get the money like some of the suburb districts. Our area has alot lower enrollment compared to the booming Dallas, Austin, and Houston areas. I'm still proud to call the Golden Traingle home!! About BISD, they should build one stadium for all 3 schools to play at, that's what they do in all the Houston area districts, and the field's are awesome.

Guest ECBucFan

WHATS YOUR PROBLEM, DUDE? Whats your point here? Trying to look down your nose at others? It must be really sad for big bad DFW to have call out a mostly rural SETX area. Get a dictionary (if you have one in DFW), and look up "class" and "sportsmanship".

PS: Are you from Wilmer-Hutchins? :lol::lol::lol:

Hey pods.......I am not trying to look down my nose at anyone......just pointing out that SETx has issues that need addressing to catch up with the rest of the state.......I have coached in both areas and can tell you just like 972 has that it is a huge difference........go back and read all my posts and see that it was not done in a derogatory manner......now you want to get all huffy........I can get specific but I have some good friends down there and know they are good coaches, just in a tough situation......so take your blinders off and get a clue......

Plus if you go back and look, I was discussing big schools.....I said East Texas has the best small school programs........I also said to include Houston in the discussion........

I want to see that area improve but people like you are going to hamper that because there is always an excuse why not to do something and that we can't do it because we are this or that......you have proven my point for me brother

You and your buddy need to go and look in the mirror and slap youself. Ok we are happy you are in the Metroplex but if you wanted to make a difference down here should have said something. We do the best we can we sure dont need some Coach from up north taking shots at us. Hope you don't self implode kid so give it up and say something nice.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder