High Island

Don't think that will happen, the current supt. and principle are the ones who got rid of the coaches that were there last year and replaced them with what HI had this year.  And from what I understand, not one of those coaches from last year would go back to the beach

[quote name="TAMU" post="1201600" timestamp="1332563967"]
Don't think that will happen, the current supt. and principle are the ones who got rid of the coaches that were there last year and replaced them with what HI had this year.  And from what I understand, not one of those coaches from last year would go back to the beach
[/quote]
I just noticed he applied for Hull and Hamshire. He is coaching in Central Texas now (i think) so he is wanting back in the area.

This is just speculation on my part, but could it be that there won't be much of a athletic program, at least on the boy's side, in the upcoming years.  Next year, they will be playing 6 man football and that seems to be the most stable of the programs.  During boys basketball season, games were cancelled for unknown reasons.  They have shut down the baseball team for the year as they don't have enough players to put even 9 on the field.

I hope this it is not the case, as the folks in High Island are good people who have caught some bad breaks, but I think the question rather than who will be the new athletic director is will there be a new athletic director?

I just got off of the phone with Coach Jones who did confirm that he has resigned as HC/AD at High Island.  He did so to accept the defensive coordinator position at C.E. King under Coach Price, who happened to be his defensive coordinator when he was in high school. 

He also confirmed that High Island will be looking to hire a coach with 6 man football experience.  But fortunately, a lot of the legwork has been done as the schedule for the 2012 year has been put into place and while that is an arduous task for any coach, it is downright nightmarish in the six man ranks. 

Good luck at C.E. King, Coach Jones!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder