Lumberton Raider offense

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to state semi-finals running the wing-T in high school.  Based on the talent Lumberton has, it can work.  My question is, Why is Lumberton Youth Football very competitive but the closer the kids get to varsity they get less and less competitive against the same kids they have been playing for years?

Guest basketball25
becasue those other kids get bigger, faster, and stronger!!! you gotta work hard to stay competitive maybe those youth kids don't work hard  to get better as they get older, maybe they just get satisfied and think ole we beat them in youth so we should beat them when we become a varsity player, thats not how it works!! you just can't work hard when its football season and during off-season, you gotta work hard year around!!but hey its always the coaches fault, these kids need to be accountable for something!!! but lets face it lumberton doesn't have a beard, hanna, hussey, and those oline guys when they were successful but those guys worked hard in the weight room and look what kind of success lumberton had!!!

hard during the summer to get better and look what kind of success lumberton had!!!

Lumberton has success all the way through middle school and most years through 9th grade..... for some reason we have a large number of kids that quit football after their freshman year because they think that they need to concentrate on a single sport and that they will make it to the next level... For most high school athletes the next level is just not an attainable goal.  Our numbers are terrible and that is one of the biggest factors that makes it hard to compete in a district that has schools the size of PNG , Ned , Central ..... for whatever reason our kids just don't stick with it.  I wish they did though.  I still will be there on Friday night pulling for the boys in Blue!!!

Guest basketball25
also lumberton junior teams don't play the same teams as they do in high school!!! they play kountze, hj, groves, and etc, and at the hs level they play 4a teams with way higher enrollments!! I mean people need to be realistic!!

this is funny lol... quirante is receiving interest for LINEBACKER from BYU, Penn St, UCLA and others... no offer has been made but also he has only sent out tape to one school, and thats BYU... Thats why you will not find him on scout or rivals. And Chevy from livingston is being recruited from D1 schools and very lightly by TEXAS. Also the  vidor/lumberton/livingston offense is not pop warner.... probably the silliest statement i have heard. Besides Nederland, PNG, Central, Ozen dont run that offense preperation for it is no excuse for lumbertons losses.... sorry for the scatter-minded for of this paragraph. im trying to type at work haha

[quote author=cougars link=topic=97758.msg1209357#msg1209357 date=1334177013]
this is funny lol... quirante is receiving interest for LINEBACKER from BYU, Penn St, UCLA and others... no offer has been made but also he has only sent out tape to one school, and thats BYU... Thats why you will not find him on scout or rivals. And Chevy from livingston is being recruited from D1 schools and very lightly by TEXAS. Also the  vidor/lumberton/livingston offense is not pop warner.... probably the silliest statement i have heard. Besides Nederland, PNG, Central, Ozen dont run that offense preperation for it is no excuse for lumbertons losses.... sorry for the scatter-minded for of this paragraph. im trying to type at work haha
[/
No disrespect intended but I know kids that are on rivals and scout that have not sent letters or film to anyone. What I am saying is that's not a requirement.

also maybe a reason that lumberton is better in jr high and what not is because they are not playing the teams after they are combined...little cypress and mauriceville.. port neches and groves...  i think nederland does it too.. but that could contribute to it... every little bit of talent helps

[quote name="cougars" post="1212258" timestamp="1334783442"]
also maybe a reason that lumberton is better in jr high and what not is because they are not playing the teams after they are combined...little cypress and mauriceville.. port neches and groves...  i think nederland does it too.. but that could contribute to it... every little bit of talent helps
[/quote]
but your still playing in the same classification and there really isn't that much difference. what i have always factored in is you have multi sport atheletes leading up to highschool. alot of kids after freshmen ball(if not before) may choose to go one sport. parents/coaches can influence a kid to go straight baseball because he may have a shot at something big. he could potentially be an awesome football player but why risk getting injured and lose it all. just sayin, it is a possibility. I know some very good football players that never played after their freshman year. In fact, a few years ago, I remember sitting in the stands looking around and telling my wife that i can count at least 11 kids that could go out there and start right now.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1216982" timestamp="1335909717"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=97758.msg1216639#msg1216639 date=1335844142]
[quote author=football fan34 link=topic=97758.msg1216583#msg1216583 date=1335837081]
some people are clueless
[/quote]
? is, is it the fans or the coaches?
[/quote]
I'm leaning more towards the first one.
[/quote]
it was directed towards the fans. Particulary the fans that have the solution for every problem your team faces. I read one comment, that said Lumberton "needs to change their offense because they need to come up with their own style," or something along those lines. So because two other teams run the same offense in your district, you cant run it? Currently that probably is the best fit for Lumberton from what ive been hearing.

[quote name="football fan34" post="1219401" timestamp="1336409906"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=97758.msg1216982#msg1216982 date=1335909717]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=97758.msg1216639#msg1216639 date=1335844142]
[quote author=football fan34 link=topic=97758.msg1216583#msg1216583 date=1335837081]
some people are clueless
[/quote]
? is, is it the fans or the coaches?
[/quote]
I'm leaning more towards the first one.
[/quote]
it was directed towards the fans. Particulary the fans that have the solution for every problem your team faces. I read one comment, that said Lumberton "needs to change their offense because they need to come up with their own style," or something along those lines. So because two other teams run the same offense in your district, you cant run it? Currently that probably is the best fit for Lumberton from what ive been hearing.
[/quote]
I would say the same thing but some people just don't get the concept of the slot t or offenses similar to it. They just see it as a offense that doesn't pass much at all therefore they dog it.

Pretty common fact that a lot of people, especially diehard fans and some parents, just don't understand.  If you have the athletes, you can run Ring Around The Roses for an offense, and it will be fairly successful.  If you don't have the horses, you struggle...Especially in a strong District like 20-4A.  JMO...

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1222844" timestamp="1337183751"]
I guess coach c thought we would be headed into 3a after last year . I think that's why he installed the [b]copycrat[/b] offense . Don't get to complacent coach. We are still 4A so let's get back to the drawing board and get creative again.
[/quote]
I thought we already went over this raidernaytion. It's not a copy cat offense if no other team in the district is using it and last time i checked your team wasn't running the slot t so therefore it's not a copy cat offense. Or did you forget about our little conversation.  ::)

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1222844" timestamp="1337183751"]
I guess coach c thought we would be headed into 3a after last year . I think that's why he installed the copycat offense . Don't get to complacent coach. We are still 4A so let's get back to the drawing board and get creative again.
[/quote]
so name an offense that will turn Lumberton around over night and put them in the mix.

First of all, if the 3 offenses are the same then you gotta look at how the teams are doing. If two are successful and one isn't, is it really the offensive scheme that's at fault. What about the other teams that run offenses similar to each other? It's more of a talent thing, the coach works with what he has plain and simple. Sometimes that even means making a drastic change in the offense to capitalize on the talents of certain players. Unfortunately Lumberton seems to have a hard time developing young talented players, losing them to other sports for the most part. What else would explain having one of the premier soccer teams in the area consistently while being middle of the road in other sports. If we had a larger student body to choose from like the bigger 4-A's and had a little less apathy towards sports in general (a huge number of students choose not to participate in extracurricular activities), Lumberton would always be in the mix. We just have to wait for the perfect storm of talents to come along, which they will as they've done recently. As far as the coach, he is an excellent individual who gets the best he can out of what he is presented with. I for one hope he stays in Lumberton for many years in order to actually get a tradition built up. Tradition builds champions, look at how well Nederland (Newman has been there how long?), PNG (talk about tradition overload, they believe they can therefore they can), Vidor (seems to be getting stronger and stronger thanks to having a long term coach). The rest of us tend to be flash fires, a good year or two here then out for awhile. By the way, this is my observation as a long time fan and alumni. I consider myself a huge fan of Lumberton and have had season football tickets for at least 20 years since moving back to Lumberton, I also always make it a point to make it to several of the other sports/school activities every year as well even though my child never went to Lumberton and is twelve years past high school anyway. To me the L-Train will be always the best team in the world win or lose!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw