Lumberton Raider offense

Will Lumerton be using the same running offense that they ran last year ?                        I can't stand that offense because it is so similar to Livingstons and Vidors . Every team that we played last year in district was ready for us because their defenses had prepared for it for 3 weeks ( 1 week for each team ) . Coach C. , please get creative again and stop copying other teams offenses . Alot of players that I know want to quit because of it. The Vidors and Livingstons have been running it for years and the defenses have been preparing for it for years . Are we really gonna commit to this crap ? Do we really have years to teach the full system ? It seems to me like the coaches are growing complacent and it may be time for a change . Like when coach C was a new head coach w/something to prove. He was hungry then ! Now he is just trying to stay in the game. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="44stack" post="1199327" timestamp="1332204424"]
What a ridiculous statement.
[/quote]We really had a good offensive strategy before last year  . We were very balanced and unpredictable . We did not run a wing-T, slot-T variation . We did not run the spread either. Both of these offenses are ran by multiple teams in 20-4A . We were best doing our own thing . Since realignment has proved that Livingston is coming back we need to drop last years offense.

[quote name="vp32" post="1199337" timestamp="1332205219"]
let the coaches do the coaching raidernaytion.  ::)
[/quote] vp32, It doesnt do Vidor any good either . Now more teams are practicing for your offense . They get an extra week to prepare for you , us & Livingston. Is it not obvious ? Just saying !

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1199347" timestamp="1332205622"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=97758.msg1199337#msg1199337 date=1332205219]
[/quote] vp32, It doesnt do Vidor any good either . Now more teams are practicing for your offense . They get an extra week to prepare for you , us & Livingston. Is it not obvious ? Just saying !
[/quote]
You run a variation of our offense man. You don't do the same thing we do. Its not even that similar. Its about as similar as the spread and pistol offenses. Plus even if you did run the straight slot t there are several different ways to run it with all kinds of plays and motions and passes and everything else. I'm not worried.  8)

But on the other hand if you do nail down the mechanics and blocking and misdirection and fakes then that offense can be very explosive and dangerous. Maybe your coach saw what players he had coming up and he decided to fit his offense to what players he has.

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1199347" timestamp="1332205622"]
[/quote]
well i'd say we were pretty successful running it last year. maybe they should have practiced for it.

Oh , we run a very similar offense that requires gap disipline defense. Are you telling me that the defensive gaps variate from your offense to ours ? Don't think so .[quote name="vp32" post="1199365" timestamp="1332206424"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1199347#msg1199347 date=1332205622]
[/quote]
You run a variation of our offense man. You don't do the same thing we do. Its not even that similar. Its about as similar as the spread and pistol offenses. Plus even if you did run the straight slot t there are several different ways to run it with all kinds of plays and motions and passes and everything else. I'm not worried.  8)

But on the other hand if you do nail down the mechanics and blocking and misdirection and fakes then that offense can be very explosive and dangerous. Maybe your coach saw what players he had coming up and he decided to fit his offense to what players he has.
[/quote]

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1199783" timestamp="1332286578"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=97758.msg1199432#msg1199432 date=1332211947]
The district opponents did. ;)
[/quote]Bingo !
[/quote]

[b]vp32, It doesnt do Vidor any good either . Now more teams are practicing for your offense [/b]quote from raidernaytion
you already stated that district opponents were not practicing for it. which is it?

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1199796" timestamp="1332287700"]
Coach , please do away with the pop Warner playbook. We used to actually develop pretty good QBs . That will never happen as long as we're running the ball every play . The program is taking a step backwards . . GET ORIGINAL
[/quote]
Pop warner playbook? Seriously? Insinuating that this offense doesn't develop quarterbacks? Do you even know what your talking about man? Montana Quirante, our QB, has offers from several D1 schools, inculding BYU and I'm sure that Collins (qb from livingston who runs the same offense) has plenty of offers as well. Give me a break man.

Vp32, you stated in an earlier post on page 1 of this thread that our offense is not even similar . Man , I'm beginning to think that you argue just for the sake of arguing ! [quote name="vp32" post="1199845" timestamp="1332294557"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1199796#msg1199796 date=1332287700]
Coach , please do away with the pop Warner playbook. We used to actually develop pretty good QBs . That will never happen as long as we're running the ball every play . The program is taking a step backwards . . GET ORIGINAL
[/quote]
Pop warner playbook? Seriously? Insinuating that this offense doesn't develop quarterbacks? Do you even know what your talking about man? Montana Quirante, our QB, has offers from several D1 schools, inculding BYU and I'm sure that Collins (qb from livingston who runs the same offense) has plenty of offers as well. Give me a break man.
[/quote]

[quote name="vp32" post="1199942" timestamp="1332339147"]
Well i know quirante personally and i know he has been contacted by BYU. Maybe he's not up there cuz its his first year or something. Idk. And i know i was just addressing his sarcastic comment about developing quarterbacks.
[/quote]  Montana Quirante is a great athlete (man amongst boys ) but I guarantee you that no scouts out there (not even slc schools) are giving him a thought a qb . Because he is not a seasoned Qb per say , in a traditional offense. Now , with that being said : He could probably play @ alot of D-1 schools as linebacker . Linebacker is the position that he is being scouted for .                                                         

Well in my opinion, any coach has to try and go with his strengths. The ideal situation for any program is to have balance between the running and passing game. We all know at the high school level its very difficult to be lucky enough to have an equally balanced  offense. It was apparent to me this year that Coach Credeur had to divert and go with where his strengths were and that was the running game.  With that, as a coach you have to go "all in" and hope that your strong points out weigh you weaknesses.  I think Coach Credeur is innovative in his thinking, and will adjust as needed.  And yes there are several variations of the T offense, and watching it this year on our side of the field, i do agree that there is so much you can run off of that style of offense. Throw in motion packages, misdirection, and a passing game, it can be a very difficult offense to try and defend.  I felt our kids picked up the new offense fairly well in a short amount of time. Granted it isnt a flashy as the spread, but it can be just as effective if you are limited in talent in certain areas of your offense...

Coach ! Is this you ? ;D[quote name="Once a Raider" post="1201711" timestamp="1332615137"]
Well in my opinion, any coach has to try and go with his strengths. The ideal situation for any program is to have balance between the running and passing game. We all know at the high school level its very difficult to be lucky enough to have an equally balanced  offense. It was apparent to me this year that Coach Credeur had to divert and go with where his strengths were and that was the running game.  With that, as a coach you have to go "all in" and hope that your strong points out weigh you weaknesses.  I think Coach Credeur is innovative in his thinking, and will adjust as needed.  And yes there are several variations of the T offense, and watching it this year on our side of the field, i do agree that there is so much you can run off of that style of offense. Throw in motion packages, misdirection, and a passing game, it can be a very difficult offense to try and defend.  I felt our kids picked up the new offense fairly well in a short amount of time. Granted it isnt a flashy as the spread, but it can be just as effective if you are limited in talent in certain areas of your offense...
[/quote]

[quote name="Once a Raider" post="1201711" timestamp="1332615137"]
[/quote]
+1

[quote name="Once a Raider" post="1201890" timestamp="1332717865"]
LOL...No RaiderNaytion, im not the coach...Just a former player, who still bleeds columbia blue and red !!
[/quote] No harm meant ! I just dont like the copycat aspect of our offense. There is something about mimicking other teams offenses . Why can't we find our own way ? If we were the only team or even 1 of 2 teams running it in the same district maybe but 3 teams is just way too much in my opinion . That's not  innovation the simulation !

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1201913" timestamp="1332723087"]
[quote author=Once a Raider link=topic=97758.msg1201890#msg1201890 date=1332717865]
LOL...No RaiderNaytion, im not the coach...Just a former player, who still bleeds columbia blue and red !!
[/quote] No harm meant ! I just dont like the copycat aspect of our offense. There is something about mimicking other teams offenses . Why can't wedind our own way ?
[/quote]
Technically you didn't mimic the offense of any other team. You may have adopted something similar but its not the exact same thing as any other teams offense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder