Your Teams Standout Players This Season?

Guest Ozen

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baytown Lee

Jarvis Moore, RB, 1st team all district, starter since freshman year

Kevin Craft, WR, starter since 10th grade,  injured most of last year or would have been a shoo-in for all district

Adam Rivera, Center, starter since 10th grade

Michael Mahan, WR, second team all district

JT Cleveland, DT, first team all district

Thomas Bates, S, second team all district

Reggie Butler, S, second team all district

Baytown Lee

Jarvis Moore, RB, 1st team all district, starter since freshman year

Kevin Craft, WR, starter since 10th grade,  injured most of last year or would have been a shoo-in for all district

Adam Rivera, Center, starter since 10th grade

Michael Mahan, WR, second team all district

JT Cleveland, DT, first team all district

Thomas Bates, S, second team all district

Reggie Butler, S, second team all district

Expect Lee to be in the hunt as always. Should be a fun year with WB, PAM, Humble and Kingwod all gettin after it with Lee.

I have a feeling West Brook is going to be better than expected.  Giving the ball to Michael 20+ times a game could be bad news for the defenses.

I think Lee, West Brook and Humble should be in the playoffs, with Kingwood and PAM fighting it out for the 4th spot.  I give the slight edge to Kingwood, not even knowing what they have really.

I honestly think Olin is pointing to this year as his last year.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leave after this one.  We are opening the new school.  Lee's talent base will be severely depleted when that happens, even though we will be 4A.  Still, 4A or no, there won't be as much talent with the new zoning.  I've pointed to this year as the year since seeing this group as freshmen.  They beat the fool out of everybody except Spring Westfield, who beat them 8-0.  That was without Josh Jones and Jarvis Moore though who were both on varsity as freshmen.

But, to answer your question, Lee will have a ton of talent.  Josh Jones, who started at Strake Jesuit last year, is transferring back to Lee(played on varsity as a freshman a little bit at Lee before transferring to SJ).  He will be the starting qb.  I have heard that a 2nd team all district defensive lineman from Sterling is transferring to Lee for some reason or another.  If you count those 2 as starters coming back, Lee has 8 starters back on offense and 9 back on defense from what was a pretty solid team this past year.

I'm very excited about the upcoming season.  The most excited I've been in quite a while.  Watch us not even make the playoffs now lol

I honestly think Olin is pointing to this year as his last year.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leave after this one.  We are opening the new school.  Lee's talent base will be severely depleted when that happens, even though we will be 4A.  Still, 4A or no, there won't be as much talent with the new zoning.  I've pointed to this year as the year since seeing this group as freshmen.  They beat the fool out of everybody except Spring Westfield, who beat them 8-0.  That was without Josh Jones and Jarvis Moore though who were both on varsity as freshmen.

But, to answer your question, Lee will have a ton of talent.  Josh Jones, who started at Strake Jesuit last year, is transferring back to Lee(played on varsity as a freshman a little bit at Lee before transferring to SJ).  He will be the starting qb.  I have heard that a 2nd team all district defensive lineman from Sterling is transferring to Lee for some reason or another.  If you count those 2 as starters coming back, Lee has 8 starters back on offense and 9 back on defense from what was a pretty solid team this past year.

I'm very excited about the upcoming season.  The most excited I've been in quite a while.  Watch us not even make the playoffs now lol

If you look at the teams in 21-5A, I think you will find that Lee might have the most combined wins over the last several years. They continue have talent come into their program. I look for them battle at the top. I keep up with WB and believe them to be better than in 2006. I thnik they will focus more on the run this coming year. I gotta believe PAM will be stronger as well. Might be Lee's year to win district.

we'll probly have several freshmen(sophmores next year) on the varsity team... i know for sure at least 2 or 3 will most likely be starting...

we have one freshmen this year...Jake Leiger.... he is benching about 250 right now and squating about 300... as a freshmen... he i think finished in overal wieght in Powerclean, Squat, Bench, and Incline combined he had the third most in the entire athletic program.. very strong... then we also had 2 freshmen that ran the fastest miles in the athletic program... they ran like 5:40s i think.... so we have both speed and size/strength coming up... so maybe not next year... but the year after that we should be very good...

I agree that West Brook will be better.  They will get the ball to Michael, and he will do the rest.  They didn't really have an identity this past season.

If you look at the past 10-12 years, then Lee has had their share of wins.  They were down pretty bad in 04 and 05. 

I think PAM will be down this year.  Davon Lewis and Barry Valcin were far and away their best players.  Lewis was the whole offense.  They have a couple of skill position players coming back.  I just can't shake the memory of Lee laying a licking on PAM as freshmen in 2004.  I'm talking 42-0 at the half licking.  Those two sets of players will comprise the majority of PAM and Lee this year as seniors.  I just don't think PAM has it this upcoming year.  I could be wrong, and I have been wrong many times before.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder