Your Teams Standout Players This Season?

Guest Ozen

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Football

One car wreck away from state

I am not a WOS fan, but they are contenders year after year, to say they are underchievers is an idiotic statement.

I would rather be a contender than a team pretender

Idiotic? 7 college players in 3A and can't get out of the 2nd round? That's not an idiotic statement. And yes, if BC doesn't have their star QB break his neck in a car wreck the day before their 3rd round game with Hutto, I truly believe they make it to where Hutto made it..... with 1 college football player on the team.

Look at Jasper a couple of years ago... Semi-Finals, Semi-Finals, Finals... Their coaches didn't worry about the District Championships, they prepared their kids each week on getting better at one thing or another for playoff time. The year they went to State, I think they finished 3rd in the District, but spent ALL YEAR developing a field goal kicker, instead of blowing people away by 60. That kicker came in big during their playoff run..... Could WOS have used a kicker??? Does WOS have more talent than Jasper did the year they lost by 2 to a powerhouse Gilmer? Idiotic? No.... any team with WOS or Silsbee's talent shouldn't be happy with just making the playoff's each year, especially not in 3A.

Ya'll will out athlete everyone and I'm sure ya'll will get another one next season, as far as the playoffs go..... we'll that takes coaching and athletes to advance :-)

Ok.  You are confusing me.  First you say we need coaching and athletes to advance, then you say we have athletes and it's ashame that we can't make it far in the playoffs.  Which one is it?

There are no excuses for losing...we just lost.  You will see many people on here blaming coaches, etc., but last season...we lost to the better team that particular night.  Same the year before.  The point is...it didn't happen.  Just like with BC when their qb wrecked...just wasn't in the cards for them either.

Call my posts stirring up the pot, but I post my opinion like everyone else on this website.  Our coaches coach one game at a time... not a big secret.  No, we didn't have a true field goal kicker (not for lack of trying), but we did the best we could with what we had.  Field goal kickers usually need more than the course of a season to develop and we have lacked in that area more than we have had one.

I can tell you that we're not "content" with "just making the playoffs"...but if our kids leave everything on that field...that's all we can ask them for. 

A word from the private sector...KELLY

# 1 Dawg  Anthony Fazio QB

Keeston Randall  O-Line (Texas commit)

Torejon Henry Receiver

Taylor Carmona O-Line

Dorrian Guillory O-Line

Donnie Carona  Fullback Punter, kicker

These are the top 6 Dawgs, there are plenty of quality players through out.

Idiotic? 7 college players in 3A and can't get out of the 2nd round? That's not an idiotic statement. And yes, if BC doesn't have their star QB break his neck in a car wreck the day before their 3rd round game with Hutto, I truly believe they make it to where Hutto made it..... with 1 college football player on the team.

Look at Jasper a couple of years ago... Semi-Finals, Semi-Finals, Finals... Their coaches didn't worry about the District Championships, they prepared their kids each week on getting better at one thing or another for playoff time. The year they went to State, I think they finished 3rd in the District, but spent ALL YEAR developing a field goal kicker, instead of blowing people away by 60. That kicker came in big during their playoff run..... Could WOS have used a kicker??? Does WOS have more talent than Jasper did the year they lost by 2 to a powerhouse Gilmer? Idiotic? No.... any team with WOS or Silsbee's talent shouldn't be happy with just making the playoff's each year, especially not in 3A.

Has BC ever won on a consistant basis?You are the last person to be calling out WOS or Silsbee.

WO-S didn't get past the second round this year, but they were in the fourth round the year before. How is it that all of the players for the last three years are lumped in with this year's team? Bad playcalling killed this year's team. Now, they beat BC by 35, which is an embarrassment to BC, but when they faced a smart, talented, and quality team, a clutch-moment bad call cost them the game.

Talent can only take you so far if offensive playcalling sucks. Think of it this way: with horrible playcalling, our talent alone beat the cards by five TDs. Didn't Johnathan Dishon go D1 to LSU? So WO-S is underachieving with two D1 players losing in round 2 with one loss. What is BC with one D1 player missing the playoffs completely and losing a whopping four games (that's one game over .500)?

Good luck next year.

P.S. You lost to Lumberton. Shame on you. Shame on your children's children.

Until our OC goes bye-bye, you'd better root for our players, our D and our HC to pull us out of jams. Talent got us to 11-0. Two moronic, retarded, paint-sniffing calls at the goal line sent us to 11-1 instead of 12-0. We've been waiting for a change since. 99. It ain't gonna happen. We would have two state titles if it had (2000, 2006). Oh well.

You know what...we are blessed to have the talent that we have almost year-in and year-out.  To those who think we "underachieve"...thank goodness the ones who count (our numerous, quality athletes) know that they have not underachieved.  My thoughts wandered where one of the previous posts...for whoever to say that we "underachieve"...you go to school WHERE?  I am certainly curious.  Say what you want, but WO-S is one of the best programs probably in the state of Texas.  Sure, we have some issues, as most do, but our kids bust their arses in the offseason like noone I have seen around here and leave their hearts on the field almost every night.  WO-S will continue to thrive and perhaps to the "overachiever" who's has called us "underachievers"...we prove what we are made of darn near every Friday night from August until November-December...want to know why?  Because they are DISCIPLINED and know the consequences of making stupid mistakes (for the most part).  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami