Thoughts on Nederland/Ozen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dav-J" post="1188846" timestamp="1330536318"]
[b]ON TOPIC[/b] 
1.Ozen's defense (especially first half) shut down Ned's outside shooters. Ozen's # 11 on English was huge. Ozen's D was the big reason for all the missed shots.

2. Weisbrod driving inside was effective.

3. Refs let them play.

Great Game

[/quote]
100% Factual

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188839" timestamp="1330535834"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=96869.msg1188815#msg1188815 date=1330534544]
Fellas, please get back in your respective corners lol. I'd like to go to a Nederland/Ozen thread just one time and actually read about Nederland and Ozen. There's so much to say to "DV", about "DV" and from "DV", start a thread about "DV" PLEASE (heck that thread would probably cause a malfunction to this site).

Congratulations to Nederland for all of their accomplishments and good luck to Ozen in the next round (we're going to need it).

And again this is only IMO!!!!!!! 

Ok I'm off my soapbox now, my apologies  :)
[/quote]
No sir..Don't want a thread about ME!!  ;D...Somehow though when I post about ANYTHING, posters have a tendency to steer it that way...I just talk basketball... ;)
[/quote]

Why do you think the above happens?  Did some of these people gather somewhere and say, "let's find a poster that we don't like and try to cause him as much trouble as possible"?  Or could it possibly be that you might have something to do with it?  Who else are they going after besides you?  If we can find another person that they treat the same way, it will be fairly easy to come up with a reason.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188876" timestamp="1330538149"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96869.msg1188839#msg1188839 date=1330535834]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=96869.msg1188815#msg1188815 date=1330534544]
Fellas, please get back in your respective corners lol. I'd like to go to a Nederland/Ozen thread just one time and actually read about Nederland and Ozen. There's so much to say to "DV", about "DV" and from "DV", start a thread about "DV" PLEASE (heck that thread would probably cause a malfunction to this site).

Congratulations to Nederland for all of their accomplishments and good luck to Ozen in the next round (we're going to need it).

And again this is only IMO!!!!!!! 

Ok I'm off my soapbox now, my apologies  :)
[/quote]
No sir..Don't want a thread about ME!!  ;D...Somehow though when I post about ANYTHING, posters have a tendency to steer it that way...I just talk basketball... ;)
[/quote]

Why do you think the above happens?  Did some of these people gather somewhere and say, "let's find a poster that we don't like and try to cause him as much trouble as possible"?  Or could it possibly be that you might have something to do with it?  Who else are they going after besides you?  If we can find another person that they treat the same way, it will be fairly easy to come up with a reason.
[/quote]
Possibly I am the only poster that speaks his mind on topics, tells the truth about his assessments, and being that bold, am one of the few who most people know my real name...Thus, the personal attacks. Maybe THATS it.

Guest Ricthepic
There is no question that the Nederland Basketball program under the direction of Coach English has risen to new heights. It has been quite an amazing ride. I know that the success will continue into the future. Congrats to the Ozen Panthers on the quarterfinal win. coach Saveat took a nearly impossible job (following a legend) and is putting his own stamp on the program. Best of luck to the Panthers in the regional tournament.

[quote name="Rock of Ages" post="1188914" timestamp="1330542067"]
There is no question that the Nederland Basketball program under the direction of Coach English has risen to new heights. It has been quite an amazing ride. I know that the success will continue into the future. Congrats to the Ozen Panthers on the quarterfinal win. coach Saveat took a nearly impossible job (following a legend) and is putting his own stamp on the program. Best of luck to the Panthers in the regional tournament.
[/quote]Doesn't this make 2 straight Regional Tournaments?  That's impressive.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1188917" timestamp="1330542272"]
[quote author=Rock of Ages link=topic=96869.msg1188914#msg1188914 date=1330542067]
[/quote]Doesn't this make 2 straight Regional Tournaments?  That's impressive.
[/quote]

I think so, particularly when it comes from a program that was really down.  But others, for some reason, don't care to acknowledge it as a meaningful accomplishment.

[quote name="Dav-J" post="1188846" timestamp="1330536318"]
[b]ON TOPIC[/b] 
1.Ozen's defense (especially first half) shut down Ned's outside shooters. Ozen's # 11 on English was huge. Ozen's D was the big reason for all the missed shots.

3. Refs let them play.

Great Game
[/quote]100% CORRECT! But let me add something. Weisbrod challenged the smaller guys when he drove. The smaller Ozen players could have taken several charges instead of trying to block his shot attempts. Could have put him in foul trouble.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188477" timestamp="1330491879"]
I just proved another point...Had I got on here and gloated, or said "I TOLD YOU SO", this thread would have 327 responses by now, and I would have 224 negative karma marks!...I congratulate them on a great year, and there is 3...What is up with you guys on here? ??? ??? :D
[/quote]Good post at the top ,I just gave you plus 1! ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1188978" timestamp="1330545689"]
[quote author=Dav-J link=topic=96869.msg1188846#msg1188846 date=1330536318]
[b]ON TOPIC[/b] 

3. Refs let them play.

Great Game
[/quote]100% CORRECT! But let me add something. Weisbrod challenged the smaller guys when he drove. The smaller Ozen players could have taken several charges instead of trying to block his shot attempts. Could have put him in foul trouble.
[/quote]
Would not have mattered. The refs called a very loose game. In the middle of the 4th, Ned had 9 fouls to Ozen's 8. Ned ended up with 22 total, but that's bc we were forced to foul at the end. Had they tried to draw a foul on a charge, I don't think they would have called it on Weisbrod.
Too bad Ned didn't play with the same intensity and sense of urgency as they showed in the 4th Q of the game lat night. If we play like that (very similar to Dayton game) for four Qs, I think the Bulldogs would be the team advancing. However, we came out scared of a team who we play at least twice a year.

The Ozen that played last night and the 1st 3 quarters of the game against Humble was not the same team that played Nederland during the 1st district meeting or that showed up in Livingston. I'm curious to know others thoughts on this. Has anybody else noticed a change in coaching as well as playing as a team?

[quote name="uandme08" post="1189047" timestamp="1330548696"]
The Ozen that played last night and the 1st 3 quarters of the game against Humble was not the same team that played Nederland during the 1st district meeting or that showed up in Livingston. I'm curious to know others thoughts on this. Has anybody else noticed a change in coaching as well as playing as a team?
[/quote]

The Dove has been giving inside information to the staff and hence, the improved performance.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1189047" timestamp="1330548696"]
[/quote]
I think the fact that the football guys (Trey Green, Jakobe Jones, Terran Vaughn) have settled in at this point in the season, has a lot to do with that.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1189054" timestamp="1330548874"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=96869.msg1189047#msg1189047 date=1330548696]
[/quote]
I think the fact that the football guys (Trey Green, Jakobe Jones, Terran Vaughn) have settled in at this point in the season, has a lot to do with that.
[/quote]... other than that late season little snafu at Livingston, eh?

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1189056" timestamp="1330548989"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96869.msg1189054#msg1189054 date=1330548874]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=96869.msg1189047#msg1189047 date=1330548696]
[/quote]
[/quote]... other than that late season little snafu at Livingston, eh?
[/quote]
I think that was a classic "trap" game...not being focused on your current opponent, looking ahead to the one right after...It happens to the best of them..Thats the only thing that makes sense about that one..

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1189005" timestamp="1330546591"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96869.msg1188978#msg1188978 date=1330545689]
[quote author=Dav-J link=topic=96869.msg1188846#msg1188846 date=1330536318]
[b]ON TOPIC[/b] 

3. Refs let them play.

Great Game
[/quote]
Would not have mattered. The refs called a very loose game. In the middle of the 4th, Ned had 9 fouls to Ozen's 8. Ned ended up with 22 total, but that's bc we were forced to foul at the end. Had they tried to draw a foul on a charge, I don't think they would have called it on Weisbrod.
Too bad Ned didn't play with the same intensity and sense of urgency as they showed in the 4th Q of the game lat night. If we play like that (very similar to Dayton game) for four Qs, I think the Bulldogs would be the team advancing. However, we came out scared of a team who we play at least twice a year.
[/quote] nederland looked scared coming out last night. The pg didn't look comfortable inthe beginning while handling the ball. And yes, the refs would have called a charge against a 6'4"  post barreling down a poor defensive 5'9" guard ( Taking a charge! a lost art?) Nah, been seeing some pros still do it. Just wonder if its still being taught in h.s.?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1189077" timestamp="1330550343"]
Saveat & staff out coached Nederland staff
[/quote]
They didn't do bad, but out-coaching them....may be a bit of a stretch...They came out with great intensity, execution, and defended superbly, then in the 2nd quarter they went to that handoff stall game...kinda took the air out of the kids and allowed Nederland to regroup and make a run...They got the W, but they were fortunate in that aspect, because that 2nd quarter could have made a huge difference in the outcome.  In hindsight, Saveat has coached under some tremendous pressure these past few years and has been at the least, respectable..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine