Are League Board Members Tearing NNLL Apart?

RR8

You know, I've been part of NLL in some form or fashion for the past 8 years.  I've got to say, with all honesty, these last two years have been the worst in the way of management.  I personally think the guys (and girls) running it are ridiculous.  I've never seen more daddy-ball, politics, petty differences, dis-organization, and mis-management in all my years involved.  I'm not naive; politics and daddy-ball has been around since I played in NNLL long ago, but never to this extent.  These guys running it (not all of them) have made the league into everything BUT for the kids.  Half of them only play to see if their kid makes all-stars.  They could care less if the guys coaching do it for the kids or for themselves, actually coach, actually have ever played baseball, or actually even want to win.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good guys on the Board, but "some" is not enough.
If people wonder why NLL is losing kids, there it is. 

[quote name="Doggydaddy2" post="1197681" timestamp="1331832298"]
And 8 of them are gone...
[/quote]

Let me tell you what LL really taught me....

First)  Be a TEAM player. (period)
2)    Don't expect anything handed to you, EVER.
3)    If you get a chance, make the most of it.
4)    Stop complaining!!!!!  This only brings EVERYone DOWN.  No one wants to hear it.
5)    You need to celebrate others!  And recognize your own shortcomings on the field.
6)    Do extra work to be your best.  Work hard all the time.  Hussle!  Even at practice.
7)    Be RESPECTFUL of others.  We teach/learn respect at this level, if you don't learn it, you never will.
Eight)    You will most likely NOT play baseball in college.  You will have a better chance of being hit by lightning than playing in the MLB.  GET OVER YOURSELF.
9)    The friends you make in LL will be some of the best of your life and you will have fond memories if you follow Rules 1-8.  Otherwise, you might be a LOser in more that LL.
10)  Your dad won't be your boss at your job.  So it's ok to have a coach to let you know that you always don't have control.

Get over yourself and BE a Team player, even if you don't like the coach, don't play as much as you want and are jealous of your teammates.

The lessons you learn are invaluable and will last you longer than your baseball career.  You just have to be willing to learn them.  And it's sad to say PARENTS don't want their kids to learn those valuable lessons.

[quote name="Ned4Eva" post="1197943" timestamp="1331869314"]
You know, I've been part of NLL in some form or fashion for the past 8 years.  I've got to say, with all honesty, these last two years have been the worst in the way of management.  I personally think the guys (and girls) running it are ridiculous.  I've never seen more daddy-ball, politics, petty differences, dis-organization, and mis-management in all my years involved.  I'm not naive; politics and daddy-ball has been around since I played in NNLL long ago, but never to this extent.  These guys running it (not all of them) have made the league into everything BUT for the kids.  Half of them only play to see if their kid makes all-stars.  They could care less if the guys coaching do it for the kids or for themselves, actually coach, actually have ever played baseball, or actually even want to win.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good guys on the Board, but "some" is not enough.
If people wonder why NLL is losing kids, there it is. 
[/quote]

People who are on Boards are VOLUNTEER!

I don't know anyone on NLL Board but I know what it takes to run Boards for baseball.  Trust me, it's lots of work. 

There's always daddyball....REally? 

All-stars?  It's not the end all.  I have seen kids get passed over on Allstars, only to show up big in High School, and later on...

Terry Bradshaw got passed over for football in High School due to Friends and Family Plan...He went to be a Superbowl winning QB.  How stupid did that High School coach look when he sat around explaining why Terry Bradshaw didn't start as QB for him?

Tom Brady, Steve Young,  ....the list goes on, and on, so many people get looked over at different levels, if you perserver, SOMEONE eventually wants to win and if you truly GOT TALENT, your moment has arrived.

Personally, my kids had to endure daddyball and I know it has made them better people.  THEY EARN everything they get.  NO one hands them anything and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Evreybody on here needs to run for the board if they are not happy with it....Make it right you be the one if your not happy with it..I am not taking up for anyone on this board, I know most of the people on this board ....And yes their is some shaddddy shaddddy guys on this board but there is also some good ones...If I have a issue with anyone one this board I will address them ..No matter where you go daddy ball is there....Surely everybody can be as understanding as myself ;)By the way this is basebow not hearattack he is already logged on so I posted ...But you can give him a - karma if need be. :D

[quote name="Ned4Eva" post="1197953" timestamp="1331873337"]
I think you misunderstood me.  I agree with everything you said, its just frustrating.  all theyre doing is hurting the kids for their own purposes
[/quote]

Here's what I found....

Take the high road at all cost!

Focus on your kid, spend time with him, work on baseball together, whether coach or board is to your liking.

If you really have a crawl, run for the board.  However, your time with your family will be reduced during baseball season. 

IN the end, when it matters, if you work with your kid and he has talent, he will succeed.  Just think of the time you and him worked together for a goal.

No one will have to tell you, in time, if you focus on your family, not LL politics, your memories will be positive ones. 

I wish everyone well at LL in Nederland.  We have a lot to be positive about.  The kids are our future.  If we teach them lessons, they will be winners in the end....

You always won't get a fair shot in life, that's ok, keep trying.

You might be get looked over while working hard, keep working.

In the end, your family and self-respect is what you keep with you forever....

LL will come and go quickly.  Take with you the best memories.  Let go of the petty things.  This has ALWAYS gone on, sometimes you might be on the other side of it and see it. 

Trust me, we went thru it and survived,  I learned hard lessons...

I have the joy of watching my sons on the field for the Dogs!  Some of the obstacles we faced, no longer have kids who play on any type of athletic field.

It ALL works out!  It's only a matter of how you deal with it.

Note to others:  Select has ALL of this stuff going on also.

The only difference is you spend way too much money and have NO BOARD to complain to or about.
Tournament officials could care less about politics.

I told my son let your BAT do your TALKING....
Those memories mean more than being right.  They might have listened, then again, they eventually wanted to win.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1197983" timestamp="1331902041"]
[quote author=Ned4Eva link=topic=96555.msg1197953#msg1197953 date=1331873337]
I think you misunderstood me.  I agree with everything you said, its just frustrating.  all theyre doing is hurting the kids for their own purposes
[/quote]

Here's what I found....

Take the high road at all cost!

Focus on your kid, spend time with him, work on baseball together, whether coach or board is to your liking.

[glow=red,2,300]If you really have a crawl, run for the board[/glow].  However, your time with your family will be reduced during baseball season. 

IN the end, when it matters, if you work with your kid and he has talent, he will succeed.  Just think of the time you and him worked together for a goal.

No one will have to tell you, in time, if you focus on your family, not LL politics, your memories will be positive ones. 

I wish everyone well at LL in Nederland.  We have a lot to be positive about.  The kids are our future.  If we teach them lessons, they will be winners in the end....

You always won't get a fair shot in life, that's ok, keep trying.

You might be get looked over while working hard, keep working.

LL will come and go quickly.  Take with you the best memories.  Let go of the petty things.  This has ALWAYS gone on, sometimes you might be on the other side of it and see it. 

Trust me, we went thru it and survived,  I learned hard lessons...

I have the joy of watching my sons on the field for the Dogs!  Some of the obstacles we faced, no longer have kids who play on any type of athletic field.

It ALL works out!  It's only a matter of how you deal with it.
[/quote]Nice  8)

[b][u][color=blue]GREAT POST!!  [/color][/u][/b]

Here's what I found....

[color=red][font=impact]Take the high road at all cost![/font][/color]  SO TRUE!!

[color=navy][b][u][i]Focus on your kid, spend time with him, work on baseball together, whether coach or board is to your liking.[/i][/u][/b][/color] [size=12pt]  [b]AMEN!![/b][/size]
If you really have a crawl, run for the board.  However, your time with your family will be reduced during baseball season. [color=orange]True again, rewarding as well! [/color]

IN the end, [u][i][b]when it matters[/b][/i][/u], if you work with your kid and he has talent, he will succeed.  [u][i][b][color=limegreen]Just think of the time you and him worked together [/color] [/b] [/i] [/u] for a goal. [color=pink]Memories you will cherish!![/color]

No one will have to tell you, in time, [color=orange][u][i][b]if you focus on your family AS WELL AS YOUR FAITH[/b][/i][/u][/color], [u]not LL politics[/u], your memories will be positive ones. 

I wish everyone well at LL in Nederland.  We have a lot to be positive about.  [color=red][u][i][b]The kids are our future[/b][/i][/u][/color].  If we teach them lessons, they will be winners in the end....

You always won't get a fair shot in life, that's ok, keep trying. [b]TRUE[/b]
You might be get looked over while working hard, keep working. [b]TRUE[/b]

LL will come and go quickly.  [u][i][b][color=maroon][u][i][b]Take with you the best memories[/b][/i][/u][/color][/b][/i][/u].  [color=orange][u][i][b]Let go of the petty things[/b][/i][/u][/color].  This has ALWAYS gone on, sometimes you might be on the other side of it and see it. 

Trust me, we went thru it and survived,  I learned hard lessons...  [b][i][u]DITTO[/u][/i][/b]

It ALL works out!  It's only a matter of how you deal with it. [b][i][u]SO TRUE!! IT ALWAYS WORKS OUT!! KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON YOUR FAMILYAS WELL AS YOUR RELIGIOUS CONVICTION AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE COMPLETE. [/u][/i][/b]

I like the additions to my post... our faith is so important to us!

It is that Faith that reminds us if we don't love others, the love of God is not in us.  (Read this in THE Bible this week).

Sometimes it's hard to realize that on a baseball field/league.  I know that my kids watch me in every circumstance in life, including my attitudes, actions, words at  baseball events/games and other sporting events.  I do have a tend to get LOUD at basketball (never negative, though).

It's how I deal with adversity that they remember the most.

Hope any of the words can encourage someone, lighten the tensions to a baseball league, turn people to the heart of their community  -    their families.....

I LOOOOOVE BASEBALL,  MOST importantly, I love God.  And wish the best for N L L and of course, our  DOGS!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317