Hamshire-Fannett AD/HC now open

Pretty sure that the Admin at HF and the students live on this board, therefore, it is hard to build any school pride or commitment, even when disgruntled parents move their kids they continue to spew their negative vibes to the kids that attend HF.  Parents that want, I think, for their kids to be successful get on here and undermine the coaches and parents that have turned tail and ran want to make sure program does not succeed without their babies on the roster.  Read other schools post when they lose in playoffs they rarely complain about coach and cheer on the student athletes.  Only positive thing is their is only one HF in the golden triangle and it is where all disgruntled parents seem to happy to air their incomplete thoughts on line as if anyone cares about a school that has had turnover in Football and both basketball programs.  Hey maybe this is all for the best, I can tell you that it hurts to read all the negative words that adults that have jobs that can't be arm chair analyzed every week get on here and tear down any hope for success by undermining the coaches at HF especially if you cut bait and pulled your kids out leave HF topics alone you left for greener pastures and HF has moved on why don't you?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="1189464" timestamp="1330613020"]
Pretty sure that the Admin at HF and the students live on this board, therefore, it is hard to build any school pride or commitment, even when disgruntled parents move their kids they continue to spew their negative vibes to the kids that attend HF.  Parents that want, I think, for their kids to be successful get on here and undermine the coaches and parents that have turned tail and ran want to make sure program does not succeed without their babies on the roster.  Read other schools post when they lose in playoffs they rarely complain about coach and cheer on the student athletes.  Only positive thing is their is only one HF in the golden triangle and it is where all disgruntled parents seem to happy to air their incomplete thoughts on line as if anyone cares about a school that has had turnover in Football and both basketball programs.  Hey maybe this is all for the best, I can tell you that it hurts to read all the negative words that adults that have jobs that can't be arm chair analyzed every week get on here and tear down any hope for success by undermining the coaches at HF especially if you cut bait and pulled your kids out leave HF topics alone you left for greener pastures and HF has moved on why don't you?
[/quote] Let me also include/add: I could have sworn I gave Coach Neal props for a job well-done and the HF team this year for making playoffs. ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1189467" timestamp="1330613588"]
[quote author=Dove Hunter link=topic=96529.msg1189464#msg1189464 date=1330613020]
Pretty sure that the Admin at HF and the students live on this board, therefore, it is hard to build any school pride or commitment, even when disgruntled parents move their kids they continue to spew their negative vibes to the kids that attend HF.  Parents that want, I think, for their kids to be successful get on here and undermine the coaches and parents that have turned tail and ran want to make sure program does not succeed without their babies on the roster.  Read other schools post when they lose in playoffs they rarely complain about coach and cheer on the student athletes.  Only positive thing is their is only one HF in the golden triangle and it is where all disgruntled parents seem to happy to air their incomplete thoughts on line as if anyone cares about a school that has had turnover in Football and both basketball programs.  Hey maybe this is all for the best, I can tell you that it hurts to read all the negative words that adults that have jobs that can't be arm chair analyzed every week get on here and tear down any hope for success by undermining the coaches at HF especially if you cut bait and pulled your kids out leave HF topics alone you left for greener pastures annd HF has moved on why don't you?
[/quote] Let me also include/add: I could have sworn I gave Coach Neal props for a job well-done and the HF team this year for making playoffs. ;)
[/quote]

I agree with you dove, These kids that leave thinking that they will get seen more are mistaken. Its not to late for some to come back, especially the ones that are sending their kids to the crime areas of Beaumont. I was watching my neice play at HF the other day and there is is a young lady on her team that is getting a full ride to UT. Last time I checked I thought UT was a big school. Anyway, If I had a kid that could make a diffence to put HF back on the map, I would not send them to a school where they would be just another face in the crowd. I would send them to HF and get alot more recognition for helping to turn a program around. If you are good enough the scouts will find you, (ex, the young lady going to UT on scholarship), without exposing my child to the mahem that goes on in Beaumont.

[quote name="12gage" post="1189646" timestamp="1330627120"]
why are yall waisting time taking about dove, moving from hf to ozen was for education reasons only, everyone knows that, ...... he is gone and taught his boys a good lesson , quit if you dont get your way....bye
[/quote] LOL! Thanks bro!

Dear lord here we go again I think at some point every thread on this forum gets turned into a lets dog dove for moving his kids to a different school give it a freaking rest. Just like the rest of yall I hated to see the kids go and I do disagree with how it was done but Dove is a adult and he made the decision to send his kids to a great basketball program. Sorry about the rant but that crap is getting old. I pray that H-F finds someone that will get a all around winning attitude and competitive fire back into this school. I remember a time in the early 90's when H-F was a absolute force in football and would love to see it back to something similar to that or atleast be competive in district.

Hey guys, you never know...If they hire a really good basketball coach, with a solid plan to build that HF program to championship status, along with a football coach that throws that universal off season crap out of the window.....the Little Doves may return to the nest! ;D ;D...You never know! ;)

[quote name="12gage" post="1189803" timestamp="1330634860"]
That universal off season is what  put HF on top in the 90 s , those two hc HF after put in no off season and look what it got them , price put it back in and you are starting to see results again - fact
[/quote]
Any state championships in football? How is it working out for the OTHER athletic programs there? Its not...Its ineffective, and its a selfish, football centered thought process. Yet it STILL fails to produce results for football either...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1189810" timestamp="1330635499"]
[quote author=12gage link=topic=96529.msg1189803#msg1189803 date=1330634860]
That universal off season is what  put HF on top in the 90 s , those two hc HF after put in no off season and look what it got them , price put it back in and you are starting to see results again - fact
[/quote]
Any state championships in football? How is it working out for the OTHER athletic programs there? Its not...Its ineffective, and its a selfish, football centered thought process. Yet it STILL fails to produce results for football either...
[/quote]*OUCH* oh-oh!

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1189677" timestamp="1330629248"]
Dear lord here we go again I think at some point every thread on this forum gets turned into a lets dog dove for moving his kids to a different school give it a freaking rest. Just like the rest of yall I hated to see the kids go and I do disagree with how it was done but Dove is a adult and he made the decision to send his kids to a great basketball program. Sorry about the rant but that crap is getting old. I pray that H-F finds someone that will get a all around winning attitude and competitive fire back into this school. I remember a time in the early 90's when H-F was a absolute force in football and would love to see it back to something similar to that or atleast be competive in district.
[/quote]
They did a good number on us in 1989. They were the best team in the district and it wasnt close.

[quote name="12gage" post="1190212" timestamp="1330690101"]
Let's compare the 90 s to the 2001-2010 seasons in all sports then let's talk about who won at all sports , basketball and baseball players weak as dishwater how has that been working for you
[/quote]
So they lift weights and get strong but have no specific skills for their sport, because they were doing "football" training disguised as being "universal"....Yeah that makes sense... ::)...and it still has not produced a football champion at HF...NOTE: In REAL Athletic programs, there sport SPECIFIC weight training for strength, along with skill development....and it actually works. For ALL sports....

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1190230" timestamp="1330693396"]
[quote author=12gage link=topic=96529.msg1190212#msg1190212 date=1330690101]
Let's compare the 90 s to the 2001-2010 seasons in all sports then let's talk about who won at all sports , basketball and baseball players weak as dishwater how has that been working for you
[/quote]
So they lift weights and get strong but have no specific skills for their sport, because they were doing "football" training disguised as being "universal"....Yeah that makes sense... ::)...and it still has not produced a football champion at HF...NOTE: In REAL Athletic programs, there sport SPECIFIC weight training for strength, along with skill development....and it actually works. For ALL sports....
[/quote] Dickie, you're talking way above some people's understanding ;) 

[quote name="Dirty D" post="1190289" timestamp="1330699782"]
Dickie thats what summer leagues are for this isn't college this is high schools limited budgets and coaches get a clue.
[/quote] Sorry, but summer leagues are not the best for skill development. Thats falls more under *team development*

[quote name="12gage" post="1189803" timestamp="1330634860"]
[/quote]

I played basketball at HF in '97, '98, and '99 under AD Claude Tarver and we did not have UNIVERSAL OFF SEASON.  Just saying.

[quote name="12gage" post="1190212" timestamp="1330690101"]
baseball players weak as dishwater how has that been working for you
[/quote]

The baseball program has made a pretty good name for itself since the beginning of the 2000s.  Made playoffs 3 of my 4 years, including going 3 rounds one of those years.  I don't know why you're bringing baseball into this argument?

Dick v and dove you are right , you both coach in high school, and that's the way they they do it at your school that you coach at, ... Wrong neither one of you have coached , I have so go to your plant job and clock in , and coach From the stands or your chair because that's as close as you are ever going to get