USSSA Special

[quote name="SETX_RENEGADES" post="1183703" timestamp="1330013574"]
Can someone explain to me why or how all this came about, cause I have heard different things and I just want to know,lol. I asked that question a few months ago and someone stated something about lawyers and little league and all this other stuff. But to me it sounds like BEAUMONT has its hands full with BASEBALL.......
[/quote]

That's too long to get in to. I gotta get some work done today, before my boss gets mad at me. Lol

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rounder17" post="1183690" timestamp="1330013112"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183656#msg1183656 date=1330011528]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=96232.msg1183641#msg1183641 date=1330010324]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183633#msg1183633 date=1330009338]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=96232.msg1183626#msg1183626 date=1330008998]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183599#msg1183599 date=1330007355]
[quote author=roundaer17 link=topic=96232.msg1183593#msg1183593 date=1330006999]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183539#msg1183539 date=1329984210]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=96232.msg1183525#msg1183525 date=1329975016]
VP, is it true that you are a coach for one of Brian Tllerys' teams? Head or assistant.
[/quote] Nope...Tillery only has one team btw !!! 8aaa....
I coach 11aaa....
[/quote]

Oh ok, so you coach with Cansler then? Is he like Tillerys' partner or something, or just the assistant tournament director for usssa in Beaumont?
[/quote]

Yes, me and Cansler have been coaching for the past couple of years together!! The assistant director is a guy by the the name of Collin...where are your trying to go with this!! ???
[/quote]

Just trying to figure out why you guys are dogging nations and bringing Morgan Walker into it, and talking up usssa. It makes sense to me now that I know you guys have ties to Tillery. Also kind of weird that most of you have had a son that has played for the Gladiators in the past. Your post about "two sides to every story, and then there's the truth", makes a whole lot of sense now. [b]You have obviously heard one side, but not the truth[/b].
[/quote]
Let me guess, you know the truth?
[/quote]

I know a lot more than you think. I know why yours and Tillerys' team are suspended by Nations. Should I tell you why, or are there 6 sides to that story?
[/quote]
Tillerys team is suspended because he's a usssa director! Tillery has stated on serveral occasions that Morgan and anyone that plays Nations is more than welcome to come play usssa.. Can't say that about Nations can we... My team, well if its suspended thats the first I've heard about it. But that wouldn't surprise me one bit! It goes to show you who really does it for the kids and who does it to make a quick buck!!
Your not hurting the Coaches by suspending their team, your hurting the KIDS.......GOOD JOB NATIONS!!!
[/quote]

You really don't have clue. Your team is suspended from Nations, because your boys got caught handing out usssa flyers at a nations tournament in Houston. Ron Mathis didn't think too kindly of it, and suspended the teams, but im sure you thought Morgan suspended y'all.  Not so fast on the usssa does it for the kids speech. Joey Odom (a usssa Director in LA) sent out e-mails, threatening to suspend anyone who participates in Nations events, umpires, coaches, and KIDS (the ones you say they care about and do it for). Like I said before, I know A LOT more than you think. You can try to persuade these local teams all you want, but the TRUTH will always come out.
[/quote]
Your telling me, Im trying to  persuade local teams..lol :o  your the one who don't have a clue... So you seem to know alot, maybe you can explain this "if you help schedule umpires for them you'll never umpire for us agian, don't play in any usssa tournaments at FP and i will give you money off our tournaments" ALOT of coaches and umpires have said that they received a call from a certain "someone" saying that! So who's trying to persuade who!  As I've already said, I didn't know my team was suspended. Tillery's team, yes I knew about that and no I knew it was Ron who did it...As far as those LA guys, can't help what they do, but I can assure you you'll never get an email from Tillery saying that!!! If its REALLY for the KIDS who cares where they play aslong as they get to play, right? And yes, the TRUTH will always come out.
BTW,You know who i am whats your name??

I saw this headline and thought maybe USSSA was doing something "Special" to help get an event in around here.  Reading through all the fodder its obviously just a mudslinging match between some folks.  Seems appropriate in an election year... We had maybe considered coming back in with our team from Houston but after many horrific misadventures with Joey Odom in Louisiana but that doesnt look like it will happen in Beaumont either.

Thing that perplexes me about the USSSA event last weekend after reading through most of this garbage is this, how do you play one pool game on Saturday? In theory you could try to make it work but what if you have an odd number of teams?? Somone has to play two games while others play one?  That seems a little unfair... I'd hate to be a 1-1 team in a bracket with somone playing a weak opponent and going 1-0.

Also, I thought the fields out there were turf? Whats the need for a helicopter if the fields drain themselves? 

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1183727" timestamp="1330014547"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=96232.msg1183690#msg1183690 date=1330013112]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183656#msg1183656 date=1330011528]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183633#msg1183633 date=1330009338]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183599#msg1183599 date=1330007355]
[quote author=roundaer17 link=topic=96232.msg1183593#msg1183593 date=1330006999]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183539#msg1183539 date=1329984210]
VP, is it true that you are a coach for one of Brian Tllerys' teams? Head or assistant.
I coach 11aaa....
[/quote]

Oh ok, so you coach with Cansler then? Is he like Tillerys' partner or something, or just the assistant tournament director for usssa in Beaumont?
[/quote]

Yes, me and Cansler have been coaching for the past couple of years together!! The assistant director is a guy by the the name of Collin...where are your trying to go with this!! ???
[/quote]

Just trying to figure out why you guys are dogging nations and bringing Morgan Walker into it, and talking up usssa. It makes sense to me now that I know you guys have ties to Tillery. Also kind of weird that most of you have had a son that has played for the Gladiators in the past. Your post about "two sides to every story, and then there's the truth", makes a whole lot of sense now. [b]You have obviously heard one side, but not the truth[/b].
[/quote]
[/quote]

I know a lot more than you think. I know why yours and Tillerys' team are suspended by Nations. Should I tell you why, or are there 6 sides to that story?
[/quote]
Tillerys team is suspended because he's a usssa director! Tillery has stated on serveral occasions that Morgan and anyone that plays Nations is more than welcome to come play usssa.. Can't say that about Nations can we... My team, well if its suspended thats the first I've heard about it. But that wouldn't surprise me one bit! It goes to show you who really does it for the kids and who does it to make a quick buck!!
Your not hurting the Coaches by suspending their team, your hurting the KIDS.......GOOD JOB NATIONS!!!
[/quote]

You really don't have clue. Your team is suspended from Nations, because your boys got caught handing out usssa flyers at a nations tournament in Houston. Ron Mathis didn't think too kindly of it, and suspended the teams, but im sure you thought Morgan suspended y'all.  Not so fast on the usssa does it for the kids speech. Joey Odom (a usssa Director in LA) sent out e-mails, threatening to suspend anyone who participates in Nations events, umpires, coaches, and KIDS (the ones you say they care about and do it for). Like I said before, I know A LOT more than you think. You can try to persuade these local teams all you want, but the TRUTH will always come out.
[/quote]
Your telling me, Im trying to  persuade local teams..lol :o  your the one who don't have a clue... So you seem to know alot, maybe you can explain this "if you help schedule umpires for them you'll never umpire for us agian, don't play in any usssa tournaments at FP and i will give you money off our tournaments" ALOT of coaches and umpires have said that they received a call from a certain "someone" saying that! So who's trying to persuade who!  As I've already said, I didn't know my team was suspended. Tillery's team, yes I knew about that and no I knew it was Ron who did it...As far as those LA guys, can't help what they do, but I can assure you you'll never get an email from Tillery saying that!!! If its REALLY for the KIDS who cares where they play aslong as they get to play, right? And yes, the TRUTH will always come out.
[/quote]

I don't know anything about umpires, or teams receiving discounts. Heck if people are getting discounts I want one too. As I've said before, my team will play both. We are signed up for some usssa tournaments, and nobody from nations said we couldn't play in their tournaments if we played usssa (weird since you claim nations wont allow you to play if you play usssa). If local coaches are telling you these things, how come usssa isn't getting much local support in Beaumont?
BTW, I don't know you. Couldn't pick you out of a crowd of 2. Just read your name and put two and two together.
Sincerely,
Jerome Hanson Jr.

[quote name="rounder17" post="1183807" timestamp="1330020242"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1183727#msg1183727 date=1330014547]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=96232.msg1183690#msg1183690 date=1330013112]
I coach 11aaa....
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I don't know anything about umpires, or teams receiving discounts. Heck if people are getting discounts I want one too. As I've said before, my team will play both. We are signed up for some usssa tournaments, and nobody from nations said we couldn't play in their tournaments if we played usssa ([b]weird since you claim nations wont allow you to play if you play usssa[/b]). If local coaches are telling you these things, how come usssa isn't getting much local support in Beaumont?
BTW, I don't know you. Couldn't pick you out of a crowd of 2. Just read your name and put two and two together.
Sincerely,
Jerome Hanson Jr.
[/quote]
I don't recall saying Nations want let you play if you play usssa.. They "Nations" just don't want you to play usssa..

Let's pleqse just stop the madness and play baseball. This particular forum is making our baseball area look very bad. I coach a local team and its nice to have a place to play local, whether it be nations or usssa. If we continue this, nobody will want to come play in beaumont, but the locals. So we would have to either play the same people over and over in beaumont or travel every weekend. Different people have different opinions on nations or usssa. If you don't like one or the other, play the one you like. But as far as all this talk, let's cut it out. After all, we are out there for the kids! BTW.....don't let em get you down Robbie!

[quote name="tgreen" post="1183832" timestamp="1330022061"]
Let's pleqse just stop the madness and play baseball. This particular forum is making our baseball area look very bad. I coach a local team and its nice to have a place to play local, whether it be nations or usssa. If we continue this, nobody will want to come play in beaumont, but the locals. So we would have to either play the same people over and over in beaumont or travel every weekend. Different people have different opinions on nations or usssa. If you don't like one or the other, play the one you like. But as far as all this talk, let's cut it out. After all, we are out there for the kids! BTW.....don't let em get you down Robbie!
[/quote]

Agree.  From a coachs standpoint, I have options.  Although I intend to play Nations I may end up playing a couple of ussa tournaments.  In my opinion, USSA sucked when we played it, granted that was 4 yrs ago.  This Tillery guy seems to be trying to change that.  Don't know him and wish him the best of luck, he's damn sure putting forth the effort.  Same goes for Walker, he's stepped up his game against the competition and is filling brackets.  Kudos to him in his efforts as well.  Point being, there are now alot of people at Ford Park every weekend.  We all know what a financial nightmare Ford Park has proven to be for the county, so rather than piss and moan about "who's best", lets focus on making Ford Park the  premier place to be when it comes to baseball in Southeast Texas.

Since my name came into it I'll wade back into the pool. My issue is with Nations and classing kids. We have a Select team at best but 1 player was carried on a roster in coach pitch & the team played in the fall but he did not but remained on the roster, this we are now 9 Elite & playing in 10u until we get reclassed.

I have had conversations with Ron Mathis, John Carroll & Morgan. Of the 3, Morgan actually called me & understood the predicament, watched us play & agreed we are outclassed where we are playing. I appreciated that gesture & I know he will do what he can to get us in the proper division.

My other issue is Nations & the bat rule. Nations let USSSA take all the heat on the 1.15 BPF deal. Nations stated "we don't have that rule written anywhere", however, any complex that hosts Nations events requires the 1.15. Nations intended to adhere to the rule but washed their hands of the dirty work & made the complexes take the heat. Thusly, USSSA made people buy bats, not Nations.

[quote name="rounder17" post="1183723" timestamp="1330014362"]
[quote author=SETX_RENEGADES link=topic=96232.msg1183703#msg1183703 date=1330013574]
Can someone explain to me why or how all this came about, cause I have heard different things and I just want to know,lol. I asked that question a few months ago and someone stated something about lawyers and little league and all this other stuff. But to me it sounds like BEAUMONT has its hands full with BASEBALL.......
[/quote]

That's too long to get in to. I gotta get some work done today, before my boss gets mad at me. Lol
[/quote]Hey Rounder, I didnt know that you worked for your old lady!  Let me know when you want to show an old man what you got left in ya from the mound!!!

[quote name="getripped" post="1184205" timestamp="1330047199"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=96232.msg1183723#msg1183723 date=1330014362]
[quote author=SETX_RENEGADES link=topic=96232.msg1183703#msg1183703 date=1330013574]
[/quote]

[/quote]Hey Rounder, I didnt know that you worked for your old lady!  Let me know when you want to show an old man what you got left in ya from the mound!!!
[/quote]

I don't. I work for yours, and man does she have a temper. For some reason she is in a bad mood every morning. I probably have enough left to make you look like an "old man".

[quote name="MJB" post="1184132" timestamp="1330040781"]
Since my name came into it I'll wade back into the pool. My issue is with Nations and classing kids. We have a Select team at best but 1 player was carried on a roster in coach pitch & the team played in the fall but he did not but remained on the roster, this we are now 9 Elite & playing in 10u until we get reclassed.

I have had conversations with Ron Mathis, John Carroll & Morgan. Of the 3, Morgan actually called me & understood the predicament, watched us play & agreed we are outclassed where we are playing. I appreciated that gesture & I know he will do what he can to get us in the proper division.

My other issue is Nations & the bat rule. Nations let USSSA take all the heat on the 1.15 BPF deal. Nations stated "we don't have that rule written anywhere", however, any complex that hosts Nations events requires the 1.15. Nations intended to adhere to the rule but washed their hands of the dirty work & made the complexes take the heat. Thusly, USSSA made people buy bats, not Nations.
[/quote]

Nothing Morgan can do -- Nations uses percentages to rate teams, not actual performance.  If you are in the 40% (power rankings), you are Elite.  Carroll was offended when I told him that was arbitrary. 

Funny thing is, instead of complaining, everyone should just sit back and enjoy.  More effort is being put into the local Nations tournaments now because of some healthy American competition.  While there have been rumors of threats to teams playing USSSA or discounts that only apply if you commit to Nations exclusively, I guess it all benefits the kids and coaches.  And, maybe the local Nations tournaments will have problem solvers on site -- that has been a problem in the past.  The long and short of it that the tournaments are going to better this year and local people will have more options.  More out of town teams are coming in.  That is nice (new people to play). 

Now, if someone could stir a fire under the county.  We ought to drag those workers over to Sulphur and watch the SPAR crews work.  How do we get that kind of effort over here?  The outfields are embarrassing.  It seems strange to have such a nice facility, turfed infields, then a goat farm in the outfield. 

[quote name="texcoug" post="1186882" timestamp="1330373893"]
[quote author=MJB link=topic=96232.msg1184132#msg1184132 date=1330040781]

[/quote]

Nothing Morgan can do -- Nations uses percentages to rate teams, not actual performance.  If you are in the 40% (power rankings), you are Elite.  Carroll was offended when I told him that was arbitrary. 

Funny thing is, instead of complaining, everyone should just sit back and enjoy.  More effort is being put into the local Nations tournaments now because of some healthy American competition.  While there have been rumors of threats to teams playing USSSA or discounts that only apply if you commit to Nations exclusively, I guess it all benefits the kids and coaches.  And, maybe the local Nations tournaments will have problem solvers on site -- that has been a problem in the past.  The long and short of it that the tournaments are going to better this year and local people will have more options.  More out of town teams are coming in.  That is nice (new people to play). 

Now, if someone could stir a fire under the county.  We ought to drag those workers over to Sulphur and watch the SPAR crews work.  How do we get that kind of effort over here?  The outfields are embarrassing.  It seems strange to have such a nice facility, turfed infields, then a goat farm in the outfield.
[/quote]So true on the outfields....Sulphur has some of the best grass fields we have played on..Wish someone at Ford park would take notes.Is SMG responsible for the fields at Ford Park?

I do agree with the comments regarding the operations and facilities in Sulphur, they are far above what Jefferson County provides.  However, they do have some nice facilities at the SPAR (Sulphur Parks and Recreation) locations but they come with a price. We Texans don't pay a state income tax and some of those funds come from those taxes as well as the casino revenue taxes.  They have Wards set up within the Parishes(counties) that allocate and govern the $$ and amenities.

Look at Frasch Park and the nice place they have there as well as the water park.  That water park is a great deal for $4 a day for non City residents.

In most all cases, Louisiana spends money on facilities for both the local residents as well as the facilities that generate $$ for the local economy.  Back when Frasch got hit by Rita, they decided to make it a better place and build a softball complex that would allow the high school state tournament to be held all in one place.  They made the proposal, got it and off to the races they went.  Now they have both softball and select baseball over there using the parks and it is a boom to the area.  Nice work if you ask me.

Just for the record, we did get re-classed today, lol.  It took some losses but we were in the wrong division from the get go.

On another note, can anyone explain why all these coaches are playing kids on the field that are not on the roster?  Either I am naive or this is a bigger problem than people think.  I heard a local team had to forfeit a semifinal game yesterday and another one had maybe 4?? kids play that weren't listed on the roster.

What is going on??

[quote name="MJB" post="1187314" timestamp="1330420341"]
I do agree with the comments regarding the operations and facilities in Sulphur, they are far above what Jefferson County provides.  However, they do have some nice facilities at the SPAR (Sulphur Parks and Recreation) locations but they come with a price. We Texans don't pay a state income tax and some of those funds come from those taxes as well as the casino revenue taxes.  They have Wards set up within the Parishes(counties) that allocate and govern the $$ and amenities.

Look at Frasch Park and the nice place they have there as well as the water park.  That water park is a great deal for $4 a day for non City residents.

In most all cases, Louisiana spends money on facilities for both the local residents as well as the facilities that generate $$ for the local economy.  Back when Frasch got hit by Rita, they decided to make it a better place and build a softball complex that would allow the high school state tournament to be held all in one place.  They made the proposal, got it and off to the races they went.  Now they have both softball and select baseball over there using the parks and it is a boom to the area.  Nice work if you ask me.

Just for the record, we did get re-classed today, lol.  It took some losses but we were in the wrong division from the get go.

On another note, can anyone explain why all these coaches are playing kids on the field that are not on the roster?  Either I am naive or this is a bigger problem than people think.  I heard a local team had to forfeit a semifinal game yesterday and another one had maybe 4?? kids play that weren't listed on the roster.

What is going on??
[/quote]

Probably an honest mistake. I almost forgot to add the last player I picked up. Had it not been for his dad, I would have.

Does anyone know how I can get usssa directors to stop calling me about tournents? I get the e-mails, but don't want the calls?

[quote name="rounder17" post="1187376" timestamp="1330436751"]
[quote author=MJB link=topic=96232.msg1187314#msg1187314 date=1330420341]

What is going on??
[/quote]

Probably an [b]honest mistake[/b]. I almost forgot to add the last player I picked up. Had it not been for his dad, I would have.

[b]Does anyone know how I can get usssa directors to stop calling me about tournents[/b]? I get the e-mails, but don't want the calls?
[/quote]

I'm sure is was ;) but i bet, if it was Tillery's or Brian's Team you be on here ripping those guys and USSSA...He reads this form, just state your REAL name or your teams name or PM it to me and he would be glad to take you off the list...

[quote name="pirate68" post="1186973" timestamp="1330383994"]
[quote author=texcoug link=topic=96232.msg1186882#msg1186882 date=1330373893]
[quote author=MJB link=topic=96232.msg1184132#msg1184132 date=1330040781]

[/quote]

[/quote]So true on the outfields....Sulphur has some of the best grass fields we have played on..Wish someone at Ford park would take notes.Is SMG responsible for the fields at Ford Park?
[/quote]

Sad to tell you that they turfed all the best fields at Frasch.  When they were grass, they were amazing.  They still are top notch (and their maintenance hands are there 24-7 it seems), but I was sad to see the grass go.  Turf is way less maintenance and they can get teams right back on in the rain.  But, it sure makes the Governor's Games 10-20 degrees hotter! 

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1187420" timestamp="1330438525"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=96232.msg1187376#msg1187376 date=1330436751]

What is going on??
[/quote]

Probably an [b]honest mistake[/b]. I almost forgot to add the last player I picked up. Had it not been for his dad, I would have.

[b]Does anyone know how I can get usssa directors to stop calling me about tournents[/b]? I get the e-mails, but don't want the calls?
[/quote]

I'm sure is was ;) but i bet, if it was Tillery's or Brian's Team you be on here ripping those guys and USSSA...He reads this form, just state your REAL name or your teams name or PM it to me and he would be glad to take you off the list...
[/quote]

Haha. You crack me up. Why are you so defensive? I wasn't even talking about Tillery. People from out of town keep calling me about tournaments. My question is, why do they call and send e-mails, and how can I change my usssa team info so they will not call?

As for the kid not being on the roster, he has been on their team only,  for the last 5 months. He wasn't some kid they picked up last minute, or decided, hey let's get that kid out of the stands to play.

[quote name="rounder17" post="1187445" timestamp="1330440885"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1187420#msg1187420 date=1330438525]

What is going on??
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha. You crack me up. Why are you so defensive? [b]I wasn't even talking about Tillery. [/b] [b]People from out of town keep calling me about tournaments. My question is, why do they call and send e-mails, and how can I change my usssa team info so they will not call[/b]?

As for the kid not being on the roster, he has been on their team only,  for the last 5 months. He wasn't some kid they picked up last minute, or decided, hey let's get that kid out of the stands to play.
[/quote]
..When you sign up for a usssa tournament they ask for that information to send updates etc..so PM me your name or teams name and it will be taking care of or you can contact your local Director..

[quote name="VP 93......" post="1187452" timestamp="1330441448"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=96232.msg1187445#msg1187445 date=1330440885]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1187420#msg1187420 date=1330438525]

What is going on??
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha. You crack me up. Why are you so defensive? [b]I wasn't even talking about Tillery. [/b] [b]People from out of town keep calling me about tournaments. My question is, why do they call and send e-mails, and how can I change my usssa team info so they will not call[/b]?

[/quote]
..When you sign up for a usssa tournament they ask for that information to send updates etc..so PM me your name or teams name and it will be taking care of or you can contact your local Director..
[/quote]You mean to tell me that a coach actually protested a semi-final game here due to a roster oversight, that is embarrasing!  If they won the final game and got a trophey, I hope they explained to the kids on the team that is not how to earn one!

[quote name="knucklehead" post="1187504" timestamp="1330444856"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1187452#msg1187452 date=1330441448]

What is going on??
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]You mean to tell me that a coach actually protested a semi-final game here due to a roster oversight, that is embarrasing!  If they won the final game and got a trophey, I hope they explained to the kids on the team that is not how to earn one!
[/quote]

From what I understand, the coach wasn't gonna do it. He had some parents on his team threating to leave the team if he didn't protest. That's pretty crappy of the parents. Must be some of those parents who believe everyone deserves a trophy.

[quote name="knucklehead" post="1187504" timestamp="1330444856"]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=96232.msg1187452#msg1187452 date=1330441448]

What is going on??
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

How do you know it was a roster oversight? I'm not familiar with what happened but two years ago we lost track of how much our pitcher had thrown and were called on it when he threw the first pitch over the limit. No one had to make me forfeit. I gathered my team up and we shook hands and then I took them off to the side and explained that I made a mistake and there were rules and that we had to play by them just as everyone else does.

How about the coach that played the ineligible kid use it as a teaching experience and take the blame for his mistake instead of complaining that the other team wanted to play by the rules?

Again I don't have a dog in this fight but I do think that as coaches we have moments that we can teach things other than baseball. Seems like this is one of those moments. Just my opinion.

td

[quote name="td" post="1187546" timestamp="1330447804"]
[quote author=knucklehead link=topic=96232.msg1187504#msg1187504 date=1330444856]

What is going on??
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

How do you know it was a roster oversight? I'm not familiar with what happened but two years ago we lost track of how much our pitcher had thrown and were called on it when he threw the first pitch over the limit. No one had to make me forfeit. I gathered my team up and we shook hands and then I took them off to the side and explained that I made a mistake and there were rules and that we had to play by them just as everyone else does.

How about the coach that played the ineligible kid use it as a teaching experience and take the blame for his mistake instead of complaining that the other team wanted to play by the rules?

Again I don't have a dog in this fight but I do think that as coaches we have moments that we can teach things other than baseball. Seems like this is one of those moments. Just my opinion.

td
[/quote]

How do you know the coach didn't take the blame for his mistake? Im  sure he wasn't complaining the other team wanted to play by the rules. He understands he messed up and that it cost his players. The only person complaining was the opposing coach. Complaining about his parents forcing him to protest, because he didn't want to do it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86