Winning Streaks

[quote name="pete092775" post="1173057" timestamp="1328557534"]
Ozen boys are so pumped knowing that Nederland is beatable. They realize that if central can do it they can too. But they want to put all doubts aside about who the best is Ozen wants to prove a point whipping Nederland down.
[/quote]

Wait a minute Pete092775, pump your brakes just a little lol...I love my PANTHERS all the same but still want to take on Livingston 1st

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1172930" timestamp="1328551971"]
Fact, I have seen enough of Nederland this year to know that they are a great "spot" shooting team. Pass the ball to shooter, spots up and hits three pointer or just inside line. What is their weakness is having to create their own shots. Nederland really only has two guys that can do that consistently. What Central did was defend the spot shot and forced Nederland to put the ball on the floor and shoot off the dribble. Central forced them into their weakness.

Why Central did not do this the first game in district (I was there) is beyond me. Central defended much better this time around.
[/quote]Aggie has let "the cat out of the bag."

[quote name="uandme08" post="1173077" timestamp="1328558690"]
[quote author=pete092775 link=topic=95474.msg1173057#msg1173057 date=1328557534]
Ozen boys are so pumped knowing that Nederland is beatable. They realize that if central can do it they can too. But they want to put all doubts aside about who the best is Ozen wants to prove a point whipping Nederland down.
[/quote]

Wait a minute Pete092775, pump your brakes just a little lol...I love my PANTHERS all the same but still want to take on Livingston 1st
[/quote]LOL!  He must be a player!  ;D

Nederland has 1 player that can create his own shot, and he's one of their bigs.  The other player is a perimeter player,  but he cannot create his shot.  He can finish on fast breaks, but in the half court game, he relies on screens and picks and shoots off of them.  The rest of the team are spot up shooters.  One of the starters is neither one as he is on the defensive stoper for the team, but he is also the shortest player on the team.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1173124" timestamp="1328564017"]
Nederland has 1 player that can create his own shot, and he's one of their bigs.  The other player is a perimeter player,  but he cannot create his shot.  He can finish on fast breaks, but in the half court game, he relies on screens and picks and shoots off of them.  The rest of the team are spot up shooters.  One of the starters is neither one as he is on the defensive stoper for the team, but he is also the shortest player on the team.
[/quote]
You paint the picture as though they have so many liabilities.  If so, how is their record what it is?  Furthermore, I think you are over enamored with "creating your own shot".  THere are a lot more "creators" out there than there are scorers.  When we played your team, I can promise you that one of the largest problems you had was one player trying to "create" too often.  As for the spot up shooters, if they are good ones, they have the ability to remove the defenders from helping out at all.  Didn't Bobby KNight pretty well document the fact that you dont need a lot of one on one expertise to have a good team?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1173145" timestamp="1328565789"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95474.msg1173124#msg1173124 date=1328564017]
[/quote]
You paint the picture as though they have so many liabilities.  If so, how is their record what it is?  Furthermore, I think you are over enamored with "creating your own shot".  THere are a lot more "creators" out there than there are scorers.  When we played your team, I can promise you that one of the largest problems you had was one player trying to "create" too often.  As for the spot up shooters, if they are good ones, they have the ability to remove the defenders from helping out at all.  Didn't Bobby KNight pretty well document the fact that you dont need a lot of one on one expertise to have a good team?
[/quote]
It's rather comical that some on this board cannot accept Nederland's style of play as being good. Ned loses one game, and suddenly we are just not that good.  ::)
Let them continue trying to break down our team, and we'll just continue winning games.  ;)

[quote name="stevenash" post="1173145" timestamp="1328565789"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95474.msg1173124#msg1173124 date=1328564017]
[/quote]
[/quote]We lost to your team, H-J because we couldn't/didn't have a consistant 3 point shooting game, which we do have now.  Even you made that observation I believe. 

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1173151" timestamp="1328566570"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95474.msg1173145#msg1173145 date=1328565789]
[/quote]
[/quote]
It's rather comical that some on this board cannot accept Nederland's style of play as being good. Ned loses one game, and suddenly we are just not that good.  ::)
Let them continue trying to break down our team, and we'll just continue winning games.  ;)
[/quote]No, no, no.  Make no mistake, they're good.  I never denied that at all.  They are #1 inthe district for a reason. They are good at what they do.  All I did was just broke down what I see in this Nederland team.  I'm sure that some of you have broken down my team after seeing them a few times. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1173161" timestamp="1328566893"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95474.msg1173151#msg1173151 date=1328566570]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]No, no, no.  Make no mistake, they're good.  I never denied that at all.  They are #1 inthe district for a reason. They are good at what they do.  All I did was just broke down what I see in this Nederland team.  I'm sure that some of you have broken down my team after seeing them a few times.
[/quote]
I haven't tried to break down Central, and I've seen y'all play 7-8 times. It seems that every game I've seen has been different than the one before. Some games y'all have looked scary good and other times not so much. There has not been a consistent pattern with Central dueing the games I have seen this year. Sometimes y'all win games with great defense, sometimes shooting well from outside. Sometimes winning on the boards makes a difference. I think Central beats themselves most of the time bc sometimes they try to do too much individualy (not just one player either).

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1173171" timestamp="1328567384"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95474.msg1173161#msg1173161 date=1328566893]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95474.msg1173151#msg1173151 date=1328566570]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I haven't tried to break down Central, and I've seen y'all play 7-8 times. It seems that every game I've seen has been different than the one before. Some games y'all have looked scary good and other times not so much. There has not been a consistent pattern with Central dueing the games I have seen this year. Sometimes y'all win games with great defense, sometimes shooting well from outside. Sometimes winning on the boards makes a difference. I think Central beats themselves most of the time bc sometimes they try to do too much individualy (not just one player either).
[/quote]I concur. And thats the biggest difference I see is consistency with Nederland.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1173156" timestamp="1328566743"]
[/quote]
[/quote]We lost to your team, H-J because we couldn't/didn't have a consistant 3 point shooting game, which we do have now.  Even you made that observation I believe.
[/quote]

I remember making the comment about poor three point shooting but I am pretty confident I did not list it as the reason you lost the game.  You lost the game because a better team beat you and there is no way you can re-write history.  If you can, then I want to claim that we shouldnt have lost our first game at Silsbee.  Your very own comments about that game included a criticism of the coaching staff and mine included a comment about your top player doing too much 1 on 1.  Whatever shortcomings Central has corrected by now would indicate that whatever shortcomings HJ had has been corrected by now.

Central's inconsistency lies with their defensive play. If they play defense like they did against Nederland the last time, they are a very good team. It takes the pressure off of their offense and not having to force the issue as much on that end.

IMO, it's all about their defensive play that makes the Jags good.

BTW, I too think Nederland is a very good team and extremely well coached. But, my observation I think is a very clear one on what their weakness is and every team has some sort of weakness no matter how good they are.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1173349" timestamp="1328623945"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95474.msg1173156#msg1173156 date=1328566743]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I remember making the comment about poor three point shooting but I am pretty confident I did not list it as the reason you lost the game.  You lost the game because a better team beat you and there is no way you can re-write history.  If you can, then I want to claim that we shouldnt have lost our first game at Silsbee.  Your very own comments about that game included a criticism of the coaching staff and mine included a comment about your top player doing too much 1 on 1.  Whatever shortcomings Central has corrected by now would indicate that whatever shortcomings HJ had has been corrected by now.
[/quote]I can roll with that.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1173352" timestamp="1328624195"]
Central's inconsistency lies with their defensive play. If they play defense like they did against Nederland the last time, they are a very good team. It takes the pressure off of their offense and not having to force the issue as much on that end.

IMO, it's all about their defensive play that makes the Jags good.

BTW, I too think Nederland is a very good team and extremely well coached. But, my observation I think is a very clear one on what their weakness is and every team has some sort of weakness no matter how good they are.
[/quote] Karma +2 once again. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1173355" timestamp="1328624330"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95474.msg1173349#msg1173349 date=1328623945]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95474.msg1173156#msg1173156 date=1328566743]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I will be sending your new dunk-o-meter to you today.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1173362" timestamp="1328625126"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95474.msg1173355#msg1173355 date=1328624330]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95474.msg1173349#msg1173349 date=1328623945]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I will be sending your new dunk-o-meter to you today.
[/quote]Well, tonight, I'll need more than one since the one that will be there will probably short circuit due to accessive numbers.  It would appear the same thing will happen when the Hawks soar in as well.  8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1174249" timestamp="1328712635"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95474.msg1174241#msg1174241 date=1328712173]
[quote author=pete092775 link=topic=95474.msg1173097#msg1173097 date=1328559736]
Livingston just a warm up game. 8)
[/quote]
??? ??? ??? ???
[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YrIj4I7ecg
[/quote]
Now THAT is funny! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder