22-3a its never to early to talk..

17HHS92

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1217130" timestamp="1335966202"]
How many returning starters do Liberty, Huffman, Cleveland, and Coldspring have coming back?
[/quote]

Liberty lost 4 O-lineman, 2 D-line, 2 defensive backs, 1 linebacker, a reciever, and a fullback/tightend.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mike_Honcho" post="1218323" timestamp="1336147351"]
Chris Taylor from cleveland is one to watch
[/quote]
Next year will be Liberty's QB's 3rd year to start, CS's Aflred Scott will also be in his 3rd year under center, and Taylor for Cleveland who served as the wildcat QB last year will be back, he's a phenomenal athlete and in the two games I saw him play he was the better of the two QB's.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1218314" timestamp="1336146644"]
Don't forget Coldspring's QB...
[/quote]Oh I didn't forget about him. I wouldn't trade him for either one. I was talking about numbers and the thrill of chunking it most of the time. And I think Scott will run more than he did the last couple years. It worked pretty good for him in the playoffs.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1217364" timestamp="1335998193"]
[quote author=I_Can_Do_It_ALL! link=topic=95361.msg1217130#msg1217130 date=1335966202]
How many returning starters do Liberty, Huffman, Cleveland, and Coldspring have coming back?
[/quote]

Liberty lost 4 O-lineman, 2 D-line, 2 defensive backs, 1 linebacker, a reciever, and a fullback/tightend.
[/quote]
It will be interesting to see if Huffman beats CS this year. The rest of the scraps can battle it out for the third spot. This could be the year for Splendora to come back.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1218609" timestamp="1336181164"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=95361.msg1217364#msg1217364 date=1335998193]
[quote author=I_Can_Do_It_ALL! link=topic=95361.msg1217130#msg1217130 date=1335966202]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It will be interesting to see if Huffman beats CS this year. The rest of the scraps can battle it out for the third spot. This could be the year for Splendora to come back.
[/quote]
I don't see how, they graduate their only offensive player from last season, Macanally carried that team on his back, they have some solid pieces but no one to take the team to the next level.

[quote name="LP6" post="1219342" timestamp="1336395432"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95361.msg1218609#msg1218609 date=1336181164]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=95361.msg1217364#msg1217364 date=1335998193]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I don't see how, they graduate their only offensive player from last season, Macanally carried that team on his back, they have some solid pieces but no one to take the team to the next level.
[/quote]

Agreed, Splendora won't be a contender this year.

[quote name="bjimbo" post="1219397" timestamp="1336408683"]
We all expect CS to have a good year but the real question is can one of the 3rd place under dawgs (cleveland, liberty)can step up and beat the falcons for 2nd.
[/quote]

I doubt it. Huffman should be better than they were last year especially on offense, but we will see. I know Cleveland had a lot of young talented sophomores playing on varsity last year so they are probably going to be pretty good. I think Liberty will finish 4th again they have some goid skill players on O, but they lost alot on the oline and I don't think thier defense will improve from last year, although it can't get much worse.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1219410" timestamp="1336411442"]
[quote author=bjimbo link=topic=95361.msg1219397#msg1219397 date=1336408683]
We all expect CS to have a good year but the real question is can one of the 3rd place under dawgs (cleveland, liberty)can step up and beat the falcons for 2nd.
[/quote]

I doubt it. Huffman should be better than they were last year especially on offense, but we will see. I know Cleveland had a lot of young talented sophomores playing on varsity last year so they are probably going to be pretty good. I think Liberty will finish 4th again they have some goid skill players on O, but they lost alot on the oline and I don't think thier defense will improve from last year, although it can't get much worse.
[/quote]
For once ill agree with Falcon on something, but what I have to disagree with is the defense, the o-line will no doubt be worse, if they put an o-line together however i think they can get a playoff spot, even without the defense improving, but IMO the Panther defense will be about the same as last year meaning Liberty would finish 4th once again, unless those skill players you'r reffering to on offense can be a big enough force to win the shootouts against Huffman and Cleveland, because unless CS just gets drastically worse then Liberty shouldn't be able to beat them.

And as far as Cleveland vs Liberty for the 3rd spot goes I'll say this...Liberty has the obvious advantage, however IMO they had an obvious advantage in the 2011 game that Cleveland ended up winning. Liberty has the better offense, but Cleveland has the better defense, Liberty has the better overall speed but Cleveland has more overall size, IMO Liberty has more talent, but Cleveland has more guys on the bench that can replace people due to injury and Liberty doens't have that, I think if the Panther offense is clicking the outcome will shock most people, if you recall in 2011 Liberty was 1 drive away from turning that game into a blowout, they failed to do so allowing Cleveland to climb back into the game, so as for next year I think the Panthers have to come out strong, because if you let Cleveland hang around they will make you pay, but IMO if the Panthers get up fast, which they're capable of offensively, I think they can win the game, because while Cleveland's D is their strength, Liberty put up around 40 last year, but wasn't able to perform in the clutch, coaches and players alike.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1219410" timestamp="1336411442"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

How many defensive players is Huffman losing? IMO that was the strong point of the Falcons last season, the offense was not bad, but the defense was what carried them through the games.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1219886" timestamp="1336526374"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=95361.msg1219410#msg1219410 date=1336411442]
[/quote]

5I doubt it. Huffman should be better than they were last year especially on offense, but we will see. I know Cleveland had a lot of young talented sophomores playing on varsity last year so they are probably going to be pretty good. I think Liberty will finish 4th again they have some goid skill players on O, but they lost alot on the oline and I don't think thier defense will improve from last year, although it can't get much worse.
[/quote]

How many defensive players is Huffman losing? IMO that was the strong point of the Falcons last season, the offense was not bad, but the defense was what carried them through the games.
[/quote]

5 or 6. No doubt the defense was the strong point last year and I think they will still be good next year, but imo the O will be better. I think next years Huffman team will be more like the 2010 team that was carried by the offense.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1220007" timestamp="1336573218"]
Where can you find [b]ACCURATE[/b] stats from last year?
[/quote]

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/hargrave-falcons-(huffman,tx)/football-fall-11/stats.htm

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/coldspring-oakhurst-trojans-(coldspring,tx)/football-fall-11/stats.htm

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=164&SchoolID=&Season=2011&DistrictID=&SearchDate=05%2F09%2F12&SearchDateEnd=05%2F09%2F12&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2011&Sport=1&tpl=Team&TeamID=162&SearchType=Teams

Maxpreps or the chronicle are probably the best you're going to find.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1220044" timestamp="1336576077"]
According to the Chronicle, [b]Liberty had the best defense in 22-3A?[/b]

Coldsprings stats are COMPLETELY inaccurate... Just curious if there was a solid website to get some data! Thanks!
[/quote]

ROFL I am a huge liberty fan, and even i find that hilarious. Defense was better than it has been in some time, but this is crazy

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1220007" timestamp="1336573218"]
Where can you find [b]ACCURATE[/b] stats from last year?
[/quote]
chron.com is all correct aside from defensive statistics look off, beaumont enterprise has them i believe, and SETX had them but took them off after the season.

Coldspring's predistrict schedule is a beast this year.  If they happen to make it out of preseason with an undefeated schedule and no injuries this year, the playoffs may look easy.

FYI - the coldspring kid with the broken neck is doing very well.  He is out of the halo, just a neck brace that he straps on with velcro right now, and maybe getting completely released this week to remove that.  He will be graduating at the top of his class next week, and is doing well.  Thanks to all for the good thoughts and prayers for this young man.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1222294" timestamp="1337048512"]
Coldspring's predistrict schedule is a beast this year.  If they happen to make it out of preseason with an undefeated schedule and no injuries this year, the playoffs may look easy.

FYI - the coldspring kid with the broken neck is doing very well.  He is out of the halo, just a neck brace that he straps on with velcro right now, and maybe getting completely released this week to remove that.  He will be graduating at the top of his class next week, and is doing well.  Thanks to all for the good thoughts and prayers for this young man.
[/quote]
Glad to hear he's doing well.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1222348" timestamp="1337090618"]
Navasota and Lamarque non-district.... WOW!!!
[/quote]

Very tough non district....CS is having a little tougher time finding people who want to play...I guess that's what happens when you have one of the best 3 year stretches in school history...(3rd round, state champ game, & semi final) last 3 years...

They will definitely be tested early...It will be interesting to see how they do while replacing both starting RB's and several key players on D...

Either way they should be well tested and ready once district play rolls around..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder