Kids!! They are what's important!

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1171029" timestamp="1328241665"]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=95290.msg1170153#msg1170153 date=1328189855]
You know what IceWater.....

In my heart your on the mark. But I'm just waiting on all those to jump on the bandwagon and agree with you but then turn right around and strateically draft all the young kids this year and go winless for the great hope to be like IceWater and have a Superbowl trophy collecting dust the following year. My kids haven't won a football game in 2 years because thier coach haven't had the option to strategically draft.

How do you think a kids feels when they go 0-8. Ask my kids. But at least that PNG coach
can tell them, Son, We have to pay our dues for Coach to get his next year, toughen upkid!

What are you talking about? Since I'm only PNG that has posted on here, I assume your talking to me. We went 5-3 last year and lost our playoff game. It's just like any other sport baseball, basketball, etc.. Depending on the age of the coaches kid he is going try to draft the kids the same age. When you have multiple teams from one community, you draft and the kid for example is 9, then they are on that team until they move up to the next division! Please don't make invalid comments about our organization when you have no clue. We happen to have a good team this year, but don't fault our coaches because the two teams could've got the same kids. BTW, all three of our teams did well this year.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Scalp'em......they have no idea what they are talking about.......keep on................... keeping on.....

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1170857" timestamp="1328221047"]
I really felt for the Father who had to explain to his kid what those racist young white kids meant when they were dropping N bombs out there.  It made me think back to the time that I had to explain the N word to my kid....  [b]"[color=purple][size=14pt]Look, Mike jr..... It's a horrible word used by some people to call a black person that points out centuries of unjust treatment and enslavement.  It's also a word used by rap artists to sell m-m-m-millions of  CDs, but that's different."[/size][/color] [/b]  There's two different sets of rules, ain't there, One4all?

I'm way off track, so forgive me.  Later.
[/quote]
I have no idea what that ignorant sarcastic statement was about, but this is my statement.

We know when the N word is said out of hatred and ignorance. Thats the issue.  Not what a rapper says that makes him all those m m millions.  When we were called THAT word YEARS ago, more than likely that night, someone was being hung by a tree or killed.  Some were spit on, kicked out of buses, kicked out of diners, etc...  Some of these people were treated worse than animals.  So when the word is said with malice, we feel differently about it.  I could care less if you understand that.  Thats the HATE that my grandfather and my mother dealt with when they were younger years ago.  I've been told stories of hatred that you couldn't even comprehend.  I totally disagree with any form of racism from any race, but hearing some stories that were told to me, CERTAIN people would have REASON to Hate another.

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1171055" timestamp="1328251050"]
[quote author=mikelbene link=topic=95290.msg1170857#msg1170857 date=1328221047]
I really felt for the Father who had to explain to his kid what those racist young white kids meant when they were dropping N bombs out there.  It made me think back to the time that I had to explain the N word to my kid....  [b]"[color=purple][size=14pt]Look, Mike jr..... It's a horrible word used by some people to call a black person that points out centuries of unjust treatment and enslavement.  It's also a word used by rap artists to sell m-m-m-millions of  CDs, but that's different."[/size][/color] [/b]  There's two different sets of rules, ain't there, One4all?

I'm way off track, so forgive me.  Later.
[/quote]
I have no idea what that ignorant sarcastic statement was about, but this is my statement.

We know when the N word is said out of hatred and ignorance. Thats the issue.  Not what a rapper says that makes him all those m m millions.  When we were called THAT word YEARS ago, more than likely that night, someone was being hung by a tree or killed.  Some were spit on, kicked out of buses, kicked out of diners, etc...  Some of these people were treated worse than animals.  So when the word is said with malice, we feel differently about it.  I could care less if you understand that.  Thats the HATE that my grandfather and my mother dealt with when they were younger years ago.  I've been told stories of hatred that you couldn't even comprehend.  I totally disagree with any form of racism from any race, but hearing some stories that were told to me, [b]CERTAIN people would have REASON to Hate another[/b].
[/quote]

History Lesson

First, slavery was before any of our times, and I would be willing to bet no one on this forum is pro slavery.  Second, if you read your history, slaves were sold by the African government to the Europeans. I would be upset with the people who sold their own people as well.

BigTitan,

This isn't the time or place for a discussion on race, but since we're here....

It's comical for sensible people to watch our black friends try to defend their ruffled feathers over the "n-word" when you've probably got a hundred songs on your iPod that use that "horrible, offensive" word.  If black people really found that word offensive, we wouldn't know who Kanye West is.  Period.  The fact that y'all get so offended if a seven-year old white kid drops that bomb is amazing, considering that YOUR race worships guys who drop it all of the time.  In fact, I'd dare say that you, BigTitan, in all probability use it when you're in the company of your black friends.

The real racists aren't seven year olds that use words like that or queer or whatever.  The real racists are grown-ups that look for the slightest possibility that race might be the major driving force behind all of the issues in life that are found to be unfavorable.  Whether it's white folks moaning about blacks on welfare or black folks moaning about whites keeping em' down.

I think you cleared up how you feel, and how I've always suspected a lot of folks feel, when you said "[b]but hearing some stories that were told to me, CERTAIN people would have REASON to Hate another.[/b] 

[quote name="One4All" post="1170827" timestamp="1328219433"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=95290.msg1170812#msg1170812 date=1328218315]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=95290.msg1170803#msg1170803 date=1328217748]
that's what you think........ Fact is : Rules are Rules ...... punishments 4 broken rules is what makes the difference.......
[/quote]

I don't understand what your saying?  I can't read between the lines here in all of this.
[/quote]

2 people can break the same rules, but get different  punishments
[/quote]

Whom else broke the rules and do you have proof?  If so then go to STJFL if not then it is only hearsay.

I don't use the N word and a whole bunch of other words and I sure don't approve of my kids (3 who happen to be 18 or older and one younger) using any of those words either.  But as a parent I know that I can teach my kids right from wrong but that doesn't always mean they are going to do right.  Also who knows where that kid heard the N word from it could have been his parents or it could have been at school or day care or where ever (I work with kids and they say some crazy stuff).  Who really knows.  I sure hope that as a parent I am not judged by all the mistakes my kids have made because they are not angels but they aren't bad kids either they are just kids who made by choices and were punished for them.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1171137" timestamp="1328280423"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=95290.msg1170827#msg1170827 date=1328219433]
that's what you think........ Fact is : Rules are Rules ...... punishments 4 broken rules is what makes the difference.......
[/quote]
Facts don't matter when you own The House......

I don't understand what your saying?  I can't read between the lines here in all of this.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Whom else broke the rules and do you have proof?  If so then go to STJFL if not then it is only hearsay.
[/quote]
Proof ..
doesn't matter when you own The House!

[quote name="One4All" post="1171170" timestamp="1328282229"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=95290.msg1171137#msg1171137 date=1328280423]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Proof ..
[/quote]

BLAMER or in other words, I don't have proof, I'm just blaming someone else so in my mind I don't look as guilty  ::)

[quote name="One4All" post="1171170" timestamp="1328282229"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Proof ..
[/quote]

How can or why should we believe you if you don't tell us FACTS or provide PROOF?  You are the one that wants everyone to believe you so provide the proof or shut up.  I am sick of hearing all the whining.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1171223" timestamp="1328286588"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=95290.msg1171170#msg1171170 date=1328282229]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol ...... you just don't get it..... that's why the Vote was a split

[/quote]
Proof ..
[/quote]

BLAMER or in other words, I don't have proof, I'm just blaming someone else so in my mind I don't look as guilty  ::)
[/quote]

Lol ..... you just don't get it., that's why the Vote  was a split,, it's always good to own The House....... everyone knows 99 percent of the time the house is going to win, no matter what you prove

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1171129" timestamp="1328279778"]
BigTitan,

This isn't the time or place for a discussion on race, but since we're here....

It's comical for sensible people to watch our black friends try to defend their ruffled feathers over the "n-word" when you've probably got a hundred songs on your iPod that use that "horrible, offensive" word.  If black people really found that word offensive, we wouldn't know who Kanye West is.  Period.  The fact that y'all get so offended if a seven-year old white kid drops that bomb is amazing, considering that YOUR race worships guys who drop it all of the time.  In fact, I'd dare say that you, BigTitan, in all probability use it when you're in the company of your black friends.

The real racists aren't seven year olds that use words like that or queer or whatever.  The real racists are grown-ups that look for the slightest possibility that race might be the major driving force behind all of the issues in life that are found to be unfavorable.  Whether it's white folks moaning about blacks on welfare or black folks moaning about whites keeping em' down.

I think you cleared up how you feel, and how I've always suspected a lot of folks feel, when you said "[b]but hearing some stories that were told to me, CERTAIN people would have REASON to Hate another.[/b]
[/quote]
The first person to bring up race on this thread, is the one that says this isn't the time or place for race talk.  Wow.  That classic bro. lol

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1171236" timestamp="1328287310"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Proof ..
[/quote]

How can or why should we believe you if you don't tell us FACTS or provide PROOF?  You are the one that wants everyone to believe you so provide the proof or shut up.  I am sick of hearing all the whining.
[/quote]

One of the problem with decisions made by others is that the only proof, the only truth, resides with them.  You can't offer a proof, you can only speculate, which is what these varied threads have done.  I notice that many of those crying foul over other's specualtion are engaged in it as well.  It's hard to truly put it to rest when only the minutes of that particular meeting can put it all to rest.

So where does that leave the kids?  As far as PA goes, there might be some competition out there available...there is more specualtion of other cities in STJFL pulling out.  Contact them...initiate talks NOW, because you need the time to set everything up.  Leave STJFL and their politics.

As far as parents go...EVERY city and league have their idiots...it's not a area or regional thing.  Keep those folks on a short leash...seriously.  It becomes about them and not the kids.

As far as "strategic drafting" and "stacking"...both are methods by which a coach gets an edge over another team.  The big difference is that stacking is immediate, and strategic develops over time.  What happens is that the team that has been together for a long time, becomes the pre-eminent team 2-3 years later.  The aren't stacked that year, they "grew" into the stacking.  Both should be against the rules.  Draft a kid, and let the reality of "this kid or that kid" come into play.  Have more than one team, but the caution is...you can't have a team of 14-15 kids...you will end up forfeiting half of your games, because 5 or 6 "little Billys" catch the flu.  Let the good kids learn to play with, and at times, inspire the kids that aren't so good.  We never know what these kids will do in the future.  No one does.  A coach is there to mentor, to teach, and to learn...not just send in plays...

[quote name="elhector1" post="1171376" timestamp="1328297813"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=95290.msg1171236#msg1171236 date=1328287310]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Proof ..
[/quote]

[/quote]

One of the problem with decisions made by others is that the only proof, the only truth, resides with them.  You can't offer a proof, you can only speculate, which is what these varied threads have done.  I notice that many of those crying foul over other's specualtion are engaged in it as well.  It's hard to truly put it to rest when only the minutes of that particular meeting can put it all to rest.

So where does that leave the kids?  As far as PA goes, there might be some competition out there available...there is more specualtion of other cities in STJFL pulling out.  Contact them...initiate talks NOW, because you need the time to set everything up.  Leave STJFL and their politics.

As far as parents go...EVERY city and league have their idiots...it's not a area or regional thing.  Keep those folks on a short leash...seriously.  It becomes about them and not the kids.

As far as "strategic drafting" and "stacking"...both are methods by which a coach gets an edge over another team.  The big difference is that stacking is immediate, and strategic develops over time.  What happens is that the team that has been together for a long time, becomes the pre-eminent team 2-3 years later.  The aren't stacked that year, they "grew" into the stacking.  Both should be against the rules.  Draft a kid, and let the reality of "this kid or that kid" come into play.  Have more than one team, but the caution is...you can't have a team of 14-15 kids...you will end up forfeiting half of your games, because 5 or 6 "little Billys" catch the flu.  Let the good kids learn to play with, and at times, inspire the kids that aren't so good.  We never know what these kids will do in the future.  No one does.  [b]A coach is there to mentor, to teach, and to learn...not just send in plays...[/b]
[/quote]

Awesome statement if only ALL coaches from peewee up to high school took it to heart.

[quote name="elhector1" post="1171376" timestamp="1328297813"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=95290.msg1171236#msg1171236 date=1328287310]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Proof ..
[/quote]

[/quote]

As far as "strategic drafting" and "stacking"...both are methods by which a coach gets an edge over another team.  The big difference is that stacking is immediate, and strategic develops over time.  What happens is that the team that has been together for a long time, becomes the pre-eminent team 2-3 years later.  The aren't stacked that year, they "grew" into the stacking.  Both should be against the rules.  Draft a kid, and let the reality of "this kid or that kid" come into play.  Have more than one team, but the caution is...you can't have a team of 14-15 kids...you will end up forfeiting half of your games, because 5 or 6 "little Billys" catch the flu.  Let the good kids learn to play with, and at times, inspire the kids that aren't so good.  We never know what these kids will do in the future.  No one does.  A coach is there to mentor, to teach, and to learn...not just send in plays...
[/quote]

I totally agree with you, I wish , wish wiiisshh The people could see and read The Minutes..............

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder