Kids!! They are what's important!

I have read these pages until my head started hurting and I have came up with two conclusions: #1. There are very many opinions on this situation and neither party whether for or against is going to persuade the other at this time!! #2. I feel very, very sorry for the kids who are not allowed to play, because they are the ones who are suffering and did not ask to be placed in this situation. These kids signed up for the opportunity to be involved in a sport that is supposed to build character, fair play, and most importantly respect for one another! Regardless of how any of us feel about the situation, we need to remember that the children are what's most important.They (including the cheerleaders who are also there performing their hearts out) should be the focus of our attention, not how many Super Bowl trophies we have above the fireplace, so we can brag to our buddies during Holiday parties! I think that the STJFL should reevaluate the whole spectrum of things and implement new ways to ensure their main priority as well as the adults involved and remember that "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS"--  GOD bless everyone and see you all next year!  ;) ;)

You know what IceWater.....

In my heart your on the mark. But I'm just waiting on all those to jump on the bandwagon and agree with you but then turn right around and strateically draft all the young kids this year and go winless for the great hope to be like IceWater and have a Superbowl trophy collecting dust the following year. My kids haven't won a football game in 2 years because thier coach haven't had the option to strategically draft.

How do you think a kids feels when they go 0-8. Ask my kids. But at least that PNG coach can tell them, Son, We have to pay our dues for Coach to get his next year, toughen up kid! 

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1170153" timestamp="1328189855"]

In my heart your on the mark. But I'm just waiting on all those to jump on the bandwagon and agree with you but then turn right around and strateically draft all the young kids this year and go winless for the great hope to be like IceWater and have a Superbowl trophy collecting dust the following year. My kids haven't won a football game in 2 years because thier coach haven't had the option to strategically draft.

How do you think a kids feels when they go 0-8. Ask my kids. But at least that PNG coach can tell them, Son, We have to pay our dues for Coach to get his next year, toughen up kid!
[/quote]

That is a problem with your league or coach, not the STJFL.  Strategic drafting is pefectly legal as long as you follow the rules.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1170201" timestamp="1328192466"]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=95290.msg1170153#msg1170153 date=1328189855]

[/quote]

That is a problem with your league or coach, not the STJFL.  Strategic drafting is pefectly legal as long as you follow the rules.
[/quote]

Lol!!!! No understanding .........follow the kids

[quote name="One4All" post="1170385" timestamp="1328201728"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=95290.msg1170201#msg1170201 date=1328192466]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=95290.msg1170153#msg1170153 date=1328189855]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol!!!! No understanding .........follow the kids
[/quote]

You know, it sure is a feel good statement to say "do it for the kids" or "it's all about the kids".

[b]Shouldn't that be without having to say it?  [/b]

Now with that said, we as adults have to follow rules. Does that mean we can't coach aggressive and STILL follow the rules? 

and One4All, I completely understand. I understand that I want my Son on a winning team versus a losing team if I had my choice.  But you know what, that's not always how it happens.....This past year, his team only won 3 games, and I didn't jump on the forum and talk about how unfair that was, because it's life.

Bobcat101 is complaining because her son has not won a game in 2 years.  So, what should we do? Is it the other coaches that have the problem?  Should we not keep score?

It's very easy to complain, but usually they complain but don't get involved.

If saying "DO IT FOR THE KIDS" makes you feel all warm inside, thats great. I hope it makes you feel complete.  The fact is the league was created FOR THE KIDS, and the coaches that take all the parents crap are doing it FOR THE KIDS. It's teams that BREAK THE RULES  are the ones you should be upset with.

Ok.....I'm done  :)

Strategic Drafting is Code word for reverse stacking. And Sir, stacking is illegal.

So if your doing it for the kids, then PNG is stacking teams by their own admissions and therefore should be handed like it was when PA was caught stacking their team.

Let's be fair and do it for the kids, and remove PNG from STJFL.

I'm only saying this cause I care for ALL kids not just the ones that are on my son's team.

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1170497" timestamp="1328206314"]
Strategic Drafting is Code word for reverse stacking. And Sir, stacking is illegal.

So if your doing it for the kids, then PNG is stacking teams by their own admissions and therefore should be handed like it was when PA was caught stacking their team.

Let's be fair and do it for the kids, and remove PNG from STJFL.

I'm only saying this cause I care for ALL kids not just the ones that are on my son's team.
[/quote]

Strategic  Drafting is just that, no code word I know of.  You pick your players for what you need.  You don't pick the fast small kid if your looking for an offensive lineman......That's what I was talking about. And as far as I know PNG is following the rules. You are the ONLY one I have heard (other than one of the Port Arthur guys  ::)) complain about PNG.  If you think they are cheating, then show up at an STJFL board meeting and speak your mind, but to accuse them on a public message board is childish. Maybe you should go to your league President and have a talk with him.

There's a HUGE difference...... One city might have three teams like PNG, where you might have a coach's kid or two that are automatically going on a team, plus drafting through the rest of the kids taking the good along with the bad.  Some teams will end up with a game changer or two, other teams will have suspect coaching.... the teams' records will be varied. That's COMPLETELY different than having tryouts with God only knows how many kids are available, then selecting only the cream of the crop to represent your metropolitan area.  I mean, if you want to play select-style ball, then cherry-pick a team play select ball with a league of your choosing.

PA asked to join the STJFL, ignored the rules that were in place long before they asked to be included, and now want to act butt-hurt that they aren't being included going forward.  It doesn't have anything to do with PA's kids or the way that they play, for that matter.  It's all about the PA board's unwillingness to follow league rules and guidelines.

Good luck in whatever league you choose to play in next year.

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1170565" timestamp="1328208998"]
There's a HUGE difference...... One city might have three teams like PNG, where you might have a coach's kid or two that are automatically going on a team, plus drafting through the rest of the kids taking the good along with the bad.  Some teams will end up with a game changer or two, other teams will have suspect coaching.... the teams' records will be varied. That's COMPLETELY different than having tryouts with God only knows how many kids are available, then selecting only the cream of the crop to represent your metropolitan area.  I mean, if you want to play select-style ball, then cherry-pick a team play select ball with a league of your choosing.

PA asked to join the STJFL, ignored the rules that were in place long before they asked to be included, and now want to act butt-hurt that they aren't being included going forward.  It doesn't have anything to do with PA's kids or the way that they play, for that matter.  It's all about the PA board's unwillingness to follow league rules and guidelines.

Good luck in whatever league you choose to play in next year.
[/quote]

Wow!!!!......
you just proved you really don't know what you're talking about......or you don't understand the statement you just made ..

....or maybe you don't understand the difference between

1.  Drafting through a pool of kids and forming three (hopefully competive) teams from one metro area.

2.  Having all of the kids from the same area come together, tryout, then selecting the best thirty or so kids to play on a single team and sending everybody else home. 

It's funny that the PA League chose not to let a bunch of their own kids play, and is now crying that their "chosen few" aren't allowed to play, either. 

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1170656" timestamp="1328211343"]

1.  Drafting through a pool of kids and forming three (hopefully competive) teams from one metro area.

2.  Having all of the kids from the same area come together, tryout, then selecting the best thirty or so kids to play on a single team and sending everybody else home. 

It's funny that the PA League chose not to let a bunch of their own kids play, and is now crying that their "chosen few" aren't allowed to play, either.
[/quote]

you're right........ different rules for  different people, rules are rules

[quote name="One4All" post="1170704" timestamp="1328212787"]
[quote author=mikelbene link=topic=95290.msg1170656#msg1170656 date=1328211343]

[/quote]

you're right........ different rules for  different people, rules are rules
[/quote]

Your a blamer......you blame everyone else for your problems.  I teach my kid just the opposite.  If I found out he was stealing, it would not matter to me if the other kids he was with did not get punished........why?  Because it would not make him any LESS GUILTY....

[quote name="One4All" post="1170803" timestamp="1328217748"]
that's what you think........ Fact is : Rules are Rules ...... punishments 4 broken rules is what makes the difference.......
[/quote]

I don't understand what your saying?  I can't read between the lines here in all of this.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1170812" timestamp="1328218315"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=95290.msg1170803#msg1170803 date=1328217748]
that's what you think........ Fact is : Rules are Rules ...... punishments 4 broken rules is what makes the difference.......
[/quote]

I don't understand what your saying?  I can't read between the lines here in all of this.
[/quote]

2 people can break the same rules, but get different  punishments

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1170813" timestamp="1328218339"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=95290.msg1170805#msg1170805 date=1328217977]
I know and understand that equal opportunity doesn't exist........
[/quote]

BLAMER!

and for you equal opportunity will NEVER exist......
[/quote]

you're right because  I don't  live my life 2 separate ways....I'm For All people & kids

[quote name="One4All" post="1170835" timestamp="1328219780"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=95290.msg1170813#msg1170813 date=1328218339]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=95290.msg1170805#msg1170805 date=1328217977]
I know and understand that equal opportunity doesn't exist........
[/quote]

BLAMER!

and for you equal opportunity will NEVER exist......
[/quote]

[b]you're right because  I don't  only of my life 2 separate ways[/b][/quote]

That makes no sense.

and your 2 different rules argument does not fly.

and we are way off topic

it's about the kids....so follow the rules so the kids can play and learn life lessons

I really felt for the Father who had to explain to his kid what those racist young white kids meant when they were dropping N bombs out there.  It made me think back to the time that I had to explain the N word to my kid....  "Look, Mike jr..... It's a horrible word used by some people to call a black person that points out centuries of unjust treatment and enslavement.  It's also a word used by rap artists to sell m-m-m-millions of  CDs, but that's different."  There's two different sets of rules, ain't there, One4all?

I'm way off track, so forgive me.  Later.

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1170857" timestamp="1328221047"]
I really felt for the Father who had to explain to his kid what those racist young white kids meant when they were dropping N bombs out there.  It made me think back to the time that I had to explain the N word to my kid....  "Look, Mike jr..... It's a horrible word used by some people to call a black person that points out centuries of unjust treatment and enslavement.  It's also a word used by rap artists to sell m-m-m-millions of  CDs, but that's different."  There's two different sets of rules, ain't there, One4all?

I'm way off track, so forgive me.  Later.
[/quote]

Hey you Right .......different set , just be honest, live your life the same everyday,, don't change because certain people not around

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1170153" timestamp="1328189855"]

How do you think a kids feels when they go 0-8. Ask my kids. But at least that PNG coach
can tell them, Son, We have to pay our dues for Coach to get his next year, toughen upkid!

What are you talking about? Since I'm only PNG that has posted on here, I assume your talking to me. We went 5-3 last year and lost our playoff game. It's just like any other sport baseball, basketball, etc.. Depending on the age of the coaches kid he is going try to draft the kids the same age. When you have multiple teams from one community, you draft and the kid for example is 9, then they are on that team until they move up to the next division! Please don't make invalid comments about our organization when you have no clue. We happen to have a good team this year, but don't fault our coaches because the two teams could've got the same kids. BTW, all three of our teams did well this year.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami