Liberty's Deel???

[quote name="idk" post="1173675" timestamp="1328650987"]
Falconfanatic, if you are going to say we suck spell it right. For all you very smart, god gifted, super football players from Huffman it is Shepherd. Man you would think with all that money over in Huffman they could hire some teachers that could teach these folks to spell.
[/quote]

Sorry, maybe if yall were relevant people would know how to spell your name.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="idk" post="1173675" timestamp="1328650987"]
Falconfanatic, if you are going to say we suck spell it right. For all you very smart, god gifted, super football players from Huffman it is Shepherd. Man you would think with all that money over in Huffman they could hire some teachers that could teach these folks to spell.
[/quote]
With 3 "academically unacceptable" campuses in Shepherd I would not be drawing any attention to academics.

The Huffman fans are demanding some type of respect that they think they've deserved. You've done nothing, you beat Liberty 40-20 and it was a lot closer than the score showed. I guarantee you every player on that team was ready to reset the clock and go for 4 more quarters. A few fumbles, a pick, holding and things like that allowed the game to get 40-20 and you act like you are on a different level lol. Now the Coldspring game was 63-13 and when it was over, it was over. Everyone knows who the better team was and the players knew as well, but Huffman? You are nothing. There's Shepherd, Tarkington, Splendora then the next level is Huffman, Cleveland, Liberty, then Coldspring is on that next level that Huffman thinks they are on but aren't. Yeah you blew out Cleveland and we came a lot closer than they did, but they shows you how much a fluke that game was. With two injuries at the same inside linebacker position against a team who's strength is their running back it was a problem when the Panthers didn't have anyone to fill those gaps.

[quote name="LP6" post="1174173" timestamp="1328707184"]
The Huffman fans are demanding some type of respect that they think they've deserved. You've done nothing, you beat Liberty 40-20 and it was a lot closer than the score showed. I guarantee you every player on that team was ready to reset the clock and go for 4 more quarters. A few fumbles, a pick, holding and things like that allowed the game to get 40-20 and you act like you are on a different level lol. Now the Coldspring game was 63-13 and when it was over, it was over. Everyone knows who the better team was and the players knew as well, but Huffman? You are nothing. There's Shepherd, Tarkington, Splendora then the next level is Huffman, Cleveland, Liberty, then Coldspring is on that next level that Huffman thinks they are on but aren't. Yeah you blew out Cleveland and we came a lot closer than they did, but they shows you how much a fluke that game was. With two injuries at the same inside linebacker position against a team who's strength is their running back it was a problem when the Panthers didn't have anyone to fill those gaps.
[/quote]

You sir are delirious. The liberty game wasn't close Huffman was up 28-7 by the half and Liberty didn't score again until midway throught the 4th when the back ups were in. Huffman was up on Liberty by atleast 20 for the majority of the game. They could've played 4 more minutes or 4 more quarters and the result would've been the same. Liberty can't touch Huffman right now that's why you've got blowout two years in a row.

You're right were not on the same level as coldspring, but we're heck of alot closer to them than you are. Liberty for the last five or so years has sucked. You barley squeaked in to the playoffs last year, because Cleveland fell off and then this season you were even worse. The only reason yall even had a winning record is because of the weak teams yall play in pre-district. Liberty is on the same level as Splendora. What have you done in the last five years? NOTHING

[quote name="idk" post="1174171" timestamp="1328706884"]
And people from Huffman wonders why, none of the rest of the district likes or takes them serious.
[/quote]

I guess Shepherd doesn't have to worry about people taking them serious. I mean yall suck at sports and apparently you are not very good at the academics either. So what are you good for?

Liberty since 2004 5-7, 5-4, 4-7, 4-6, 2-6, 3-7, 5-6, 7-3.

Huffman since 04 9-3, 6-5, 3-7(4a), 2-8(4a), 5-4, 5-6, 9-3, 9-3

Total Liberty 35-46 Huffman 48-39

Even with our two abysmal years in 4a we still have a better record than you do. Since 04 Huffman has had 3 9 win seasons while the best liberty could do is one 7 win season (in which they didn't make the playoffs) Huffman has had 3 playoff wins and 6 playoff appearances, Liberty has had 1 win and 2 playoff appearances. Right now Huffman is on a different level than Liberty. The facts speak for themselves.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1174270" timestamp="1328713850"]
I for one want liberty to get back to its glory days. If we could have a liberty dayton game again that would be crazy.
[/quote]
Dayton doesnt need to play a below average 3AAA school and Deel's Panthers sure doesnt want to get their tails stomped on by a 4AAAA above average team and be a bigger laughing stock than he already is!!

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1174197" timestamp="1328709710"]

Even with our two abysmal years in 4a we still have a better record than you do. Since 04 Huffman has had 3 9 win seasons while the best liberty could do is one 7 win season (in which they didn't make the playoffs) Huffman has had 3 playoff wins and 6 playoff appearances, Liberty has had 1 win and 2 playoff appearances. Right now Huffman is on a different level than Liberty. The facts speak for themselves.
[/quote]
In your 2004 year that had Huffman in the second round with that 9-3 record, you were defeated by Liberty. In your 2005 year where you were 5-4 and lost in the first round to WOS, you were once again defeated by liberty. Liberty has obvious problems. The talent is their and nothing gets done with it, the fact that we beat teams with these records and this type of success and then lose to terrilbe teams keeping us out of the playoffs says one thing...coaching. Under Stewart and Deel this has happened, Stewart is no better than Deel, and Deel is on the RISE not the decline. Huffman, just live it up with your 4a facilities and your 4a numbers in 3a because when it's time to jump up where you belong, it's over, again.

[quote name="LP6" post="1174477" timestamp="1328726336"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=95266.msg1174197#msg1174197 date=1328709710]

[/quote]
In your 2004 year that had Huffman in the second round with that 9-3 record, you were defeated by Liberty. In your 2005 year where you were 5-4 and lost in the first round to WOS, you were once again defeated by liberty. Liberty has obvious problems. The talent is their and nothing gets done with it, the fact that we beat teams with these records and this type of success and then lose to terrilbe teams keeping us out of the playoffs says one thing...coaching. Under Stewart and Deel this has happened, Stewart is no better than Deel, and Deel is on the RISE not the decline. Huffman, just live it up with your 4a facilities and your 4a numbers in 3a because when it's time to jump up where you belong, it's over, again.
[/quote]

4a numbers? Huffman is still about 60 below the cutoff and isn't even the biggest school in the district. Splendora has 12 more kids then we do. But if I was a liberty fan I would want Huffman to move up too.

LP6,

Sorry man gotta disagree with you almost totally.  The only reason that Liberty is improving in the W-L rankings is that Deel schedules NOBODY.  In the 4 years that Deel has been in Liberty in the preseason games Liberty has I believe scheduled 1 team that even had a winning record – and that was in 2011 in Beaumont Kelly – every other game that Liberty played was against teams with losing records.  The last 4 years Stewart was the coach they played 8 preseason games against teams that had 8 or more wins – not just winning records but at least 8 wins.  The W-L of the preseason teams was 58% while Stewart had the job and 36% under Deel.

I will back off my concerns as it does appear that Deel has scheduled a tough lineup for him 2012 preseason.  If Liberty does well through that schedule they have a good chance to have a great season – but this is the only year that Deel has taken the tough road during preseason. 

As far as talent over the last 8 years or so – I will stick with my opinion that the talent level in Liberty has not been as deep as the fans think it is.  Liberty has always has several good and talented players – just not as many as the teams that they line up against – and that shows up mainly when they line up against the better teams. 

As far as scheduling Dayton – man would I love to see that year in and year out.  But reality kicks in and at the moment Dayton would rock Liberty’s world.  I think that maybe not so distant in the future that Liberty will be able to hang with Dayton just not right now.

[quote name="playa" post="1174833" timestamp="1328794287"]
Isnt the running back from Cleveland?
[/quote]
Yes, he went to Cleveland untill his 7th grade year came to Liberty for a season then moved back until his sophomore year, then he came back to Liberty. Next year he will be a junior and is still in Liberty, he rushed for 1100 yard last year as a sophomore.

Dayton turned 1443
Libetry around 600

Why do people think that dayton and Liberty will be able to play

There is no up side for Dayton playing a small 3a

1. Dayton should win
2. If they lose it would probally cost the head coach his job
3. It does not help them when they play 3 and 4 rounds deep

The trinty river battle was great in the 80s and 90s but Dayton has not played since the early 90s. Dayton has risen in the ranks of the 4a powers and 3a cant even make the playoffs consistently.

[quote name="Cowboys1981" post="1174908" timestamp="1328799878"]
Dayton turned 1443
Libetry around 600

1. Dayton should win

The trinty river battle was great in the 80s and 90s but Dayton has not played since the early 90s. Dayton has risen in the ranks of the 4a powers and 3a cant even make the playoffs consistently.
[/quote]
Correct, the numbers are too far apart it's just not a good match up. Huffman is 60 below the 4A level and Liberty is 100's and 100's of students away so IDK what they are thinking, you are descent in 3A because of your numbers, you would think they would be a powerhouse with those numbers, but they just simply aren't very good. I hope Liberty destroys them next year, but I haven't seen a lot of this years team to be able to say whether or not I think they have it in them.

[quote name="LP6" post="1175519" timestamp="1328900130"]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=95266.msg1174908#msg1174908 date=1328799878]
Dayton turned 1443
Libetry around 600

1. Dayton should win

[/quote]
Correct, the numbers are too far apart it's just not a good match up. Huffman is 60 below the 4A level and Liberty is 100's and 100's of students away so IDK what they are thinking, you are descent in 3A because of your numbers, you would think they would be a powerhouse with those numbers, but they just simply aren't very good. I hope Liberty destroys them next year, but I haven't seen a lot of this years team to be able to say whether or not I think they have it in them.
[/quote]

The UIl makes the cutoff numbers if you've got a problem with it take it up with them. Otherwise Huffman was put in 3a and has been successful recently, we don't control where we go.

Also the biggest school in the district (Splendora) has struggled  recently while the smallest school (coldspring) has dominated teams. So maybe your excuse of school size doesn't make as much sense as you would like.

[quote name="LP6" post="1175519" timestamp="1328900130"]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=95266.msg1174908#msg1174908 date=1328799878]
Dayton turned 1443
Libetry around 600

1. Dayton should win

[/quote]
[/quote]
By your same logic, Liberty should beat Coldsprings. Numbers are not the whole story. It is not like Liberty is barely in 3A. Liberty was 4A and had their run of success when they dropped into 3A and were the largest school in the district. Now that everyone is jumping off Liberty's sinking academic ship Liberty's numbers are dropping along with their athletic program.

I agree 4A and 3A teams play every year and some of the games are the best games to go watch.  At this point Dayton has the superior program but with a little work from the community, administration and good coaches I see Liberty being able to handle the game in the future - how far in the future we will have to see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder