Liberty's Deel???

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liltex - you are right Liberty would have to bring in temporay stands just to handle the Dayton fans  ;D

Huffman fans better watch getting too cocky as it was not too many years ago the same thing could be said of Huffman vs Liberty - as they had a long history of losing agianst Liberty.  8)

[quote name="OldTimer" post="1176611" timestamp="1329077000"]
liltex - you are right Liberty would have to bring in temporay stands just to handle the Dayton fans  ;D

Huffman fans better watch getting too cocky as it was not too many years ago the same thing could be said of Huffman vs Liberty - as they had a long history of losing agianst Liberty.  8)
[/quote]

Not all of us are that cocky. Most of us remember what we used to be.

[quote name="shermdog" post="1176894" timestamp="1329111892"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1176814#msg1176814 date=1329102610]
Any truth to the rumor, H-D's Head Coach Joe Slack is going to take over as HC/AD at Liberty?
[/quote]

Doesn't the current coach need to leave first?  Last I checked, he was still there.
[/quote]Just a question. Rumor is Deel may exit Liberty for his home town job. Guess no truth to it.

Well I can tell you now that Huffman is not behind Shepherd, Shepherd does have some Athletes but getting them to play and work hard is a big issue in Shepherd, they care more about how much black smoke they can blow out of their tailpipe than working hard. Most of the parents talk a good game but when it comes down too it, they are going to do what is best for their baby and not what is best for the program. Most of the good Athletes in Shepherd get tired of the crap and just move to another school. You will start seeing this more and more in the upcoming years.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1177085" timestamp="1329157735"]
Coldspring might have the smallest numbers, but... [b]Per capita[/b], they have the most athletes in probably the state!! ESPECIALLY in that district.
Cleveland and Liberty would be second and third, and Huffman might even be behind Shepherd... My point being at 3A it's quality of students, not quantity of students!!
[/quote]
Huffman behind Shepherd,Cleveland, and Liberty? How? If that is true then the coaching staffs and administrations in each of those schools should resign immediately. Huffman has the best athletes in the district along with CS. The others are looking up and they are not close.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1177085" timestamp="1329157735"]
Coldspring might have the smallest numbers, but... [b]Per capita[/b], they have the most athletes in probably the state!! ESPECIALLY in that district.
Cleveland and Liberty would be second and third, and Huffman might even be behind Shepherd... My point being at 3A it's quality of students, not quantity of students!!
[/quote]                                                                  Yea because Huffman had 23All District picks and 2 kids make All State this year.How about the other schools you mentioned?                                                                           

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1176814" timestamp="1329102610"]
Any truth to the rumor, H-D's Head Coach Joe Slack is going to take over as HC/AD at Liberty?
[/quote] I wish Liberty would hire Joe Allen Slack. He was a great all around athlete, and his players tend to believe and listen to what he has to say.. We Liberty towns people need to keep all the local county coaches, educators, and etc. right here at home...

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1177521" timestamp="1329211591"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1176814#msg1176814 date=1329102610]
[/quote] I wish Liberty would hire Joe Allen Slack. He was a great all around athlete, and his players tend to believe and listen to what he has to say.. We Liberty towns people need to keep all the local county coaches, educators, and etc. right here at home...
[/quote] Amen to that brother!!! When you get rid of well respected coaches(by parents and students) to make room for your buddies,it kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1176814" timestamp="1329102610"]
[/quote]
Yeah, he's taking over their moving 6'5 2000 yard passing QB Fitz to tight end bringing a WR to QB and running the tripple option.

[quote name="Buckeyes936" post="1178419" timestamp="1329315769"]
Slack would get lauged at in Liberty.
[/quote]Acually Coach Slack wouldn't get laughed at. He will do a way better job than Shane Deel, He actually has playing experience from my understanding. Unlike Deel who proably never had good experince in football at all, and is more concerned about soocer than worring about the whole program. Slack from my understanding was All-State at Hull-Dasietta in Football, Basketball, and Track and Field. Also heard a legend that he could dunk too back in his playing days. All the coaches of the district 22-3A and Liberty alumni are flattered at Shane Deel, and how he only made the playoffs 1 time out of 4 years, and trust me me Slack would have his best athletes at every postion. So having 6"6 Fitz at a Tight End, and line up a faster, accurate, more posed Quarterback and running the triple option mixing it up with the pass and run ( which Deel doens't know how to utilize in the Shotgun Spread) will be a better fit for Liberty. Wish the school board members are who ever is in charge in hiring the AD/Head Football Coach will change things it's 2012 not 1970. We want Wins, District Championships, Deep Playoff runs, more attendance, more school spirt, and the last and most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1178526" timestamp="1329323070"]
[quote author=Buckeyes936 link=topic=95266.msg1178419#msg1178419 date=1329315769]
[/quote]Acually Coach Slack wouldn't get laughed at. He will do a way better job than Shane Deel, He actually has playing experience from my understanding. Unlike Deel who is 5'2 and who is more concerned about soocer than worring about the whole program. Slack from my understanding was All-State at Hull-Dasietta in Football, Basketball, and Track and Field. Also heard a legend that he could dunk too back in his playing days. All the coaches of the district 22-3A and Liberty alumni are flattered at Shane Deel's results, and how he only made the playoffs 1year out of 4, and trust me me Slack would have his best athletes at every postion. So having 6"6 at a Tight End, and line up a faster, accurate, more posed Quarterback and running the triple option mixing it up with the pass and run ( which Deel doens't know how to utilize in the Shotgun Spread) will be a better fit for Liberty. Wish the school board members are who ever is in charge in hiring the AD/Head Football Coach will change things it's 2012 not 1970. We want Wins, District Championships, Deep Playoff runs, more attendance, more school spirt, and the last and most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Again,how right you are!!!Couldnt said it better myself!! OH!!! Wait a minute!!!I thought Deel was 4'9"  :o

[quote author=Buckeyes936 link=topic=95266.msg1178419#msg1178419 date=1329315769]
[/quote]Acually Coach Slack wouldn't get laughed at. He will do a way better job than Shane Deel, He actually has playing experience from my understanding. Unlike Deel who proably never had good experince in football at all, and is more concerned about soocer than worring about the whole program. Slack from my understanding was All-State at Hull-Dasietta in Football, Basketball, and Track and Field. Also heard a legend that he could dunk too back in his playing days. All the coaches of the district 22-3A and Liberty alumni are flattered at Shane Deel, and how he only made the playoffs 1 time out of 4 years, and trust me me Slack would have his best athletes at every postion. So having 6"6 Fitz at a Tight End, and line up a faster, accurate, more posed Quarterback and running the triple option mixing it up with the pass and run ( which Deel doens't know how to utilize in the Shotgun Spread) will be a better fit for Liberty. Wish the school board members are who ever is in charge in hiring the AD/Head Football Coach will change things it's 2012 not 1970. We want Wins, District Championships, Deep Playoff runs, more attendance, more school spirt, and the last and most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Yeah we could use that in Liberty, but IDK what Slack has done that deal hasn't. Slack can't do that at HD lol much less Liberty.

[/quote]Acually Coach Slack wouldn't get laughed at. He will do a way better job than Shane Deel, He actually has playing experience from my understanding. Unlike Deel who proably never had good experince in football at all, and is more concerned about soocer than worring about the whole program. Slack from my understanding was All-State at Hull-Dasietta in Football, Basketball, and Track and Field. Also heard a legend that he could dunk too back in his playing days. All the coaches of the district 22-3A and Liberty alumni are flattered at Shane Deel, and how he only made the playoffs 1 time out of 4 years, and trust me me Slack would have his best athletes at every postion. So having 6"6 Fitz at a Tight End,[b] and line up a faster, accurate, more posed Quarterback [/b] and running the triple option mixing it up with the pass and run ( which Deel doens't know how to utilize in the Shotgun Spread) will be a better fit for Liberty. Wish the school board members are who ever is in charge in hiring the AD/Head Football Coach will change things it's 2012 not 1970. We want Wins, District Championships, Deep Playoff runs, more attendance, more school spirt, and the last and most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
I was kidding. Liberty is fit for the offense they currently run, that is why they were the number 1 total offense statistically in south east texas last season. And as far as a more accurate QB? There is not one in Liberty, their may not be one for miles, even Huffman's Townley who has a cannon, and similair statistics isn't nearly as accurate as Fitzwater who threw very few interceptions this year.

I would like to disagree with the comment  "most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football"

As a parent of two of Deels athletes he has done an exemplarary job of teaching my boys about life and emphasizing the importance of an education.  He has helped them to beleive in themselves and has supported them after their high school graduation.

Maybe before you talk trash about someone you should make sure you have your facts straight.       

[quote name="3 and Out" post="1178658" timestamp="1329332995"]
I would like to disagree with the comment  "most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football"

As a parent of two of Deels athletes he has done an exemplarary job of teaching my boys about life and emphasizing the importance of an education.  He has helped them to beleive in themselves and has supported them after their high school graduation.

Maybe before you talk trash about someone you should make sure you have your facts straight.     
[/quote]You got the moral and ethics right about Deel, but almost every coach in this generation really care about their athletes. Thats our problem with Liberty where just satisfied with little things going to the playoffs and losing in the first round. A better coach with experience on the playing field and coaching will make a great coach, because they know what it takes. So yeah if you like losing and barley getting by take the DEEL. I think we need to higher our standards in Liberty.

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1178664" timestamp="1329333639"]
[quote author=3 and Out link=topic=95266.msg1178658#msg1178658 date=1329332995]

[/quote]You got the moral and ethics right about Deel, but almost every coach in this generation really care about their athletes. Thats our problem with Liberty where just satisfied with little things going to the playoffs and losing in the first round. A better coach with experience on the playing field and coaching will make a great coach, because they know what it takes. So yeah if you like losing and barley getting by take the DEEL. I think we need to higher our standards in Liberty.
[/quote]
Maybe we do but Slack is not the man for the job

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder