• No

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="1163067" timestamp="1327026966"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=94523.msg1163043#msg1163043 date=1327018205]
I agree with Aggie on this one. Hardin Jefferson and Silsbee both have a  group of great young men. I don't think HJ players would have reacted any different than Silsbee if it were their home court.  It sound like some people are trying to make Silsbee players out to be bullys. I totally disagree with that. Some folk try to find any excuse when their team loses. A lost is a lost people. Build a bridge and move on. Surprise! They play again in 2 weeks! Silsbee could win again. What will be the exuse this time?
[/quote]

No, it doesnt sound like anyone is trying to make Silsbee players look like bullys even though that is the spin you wish to put on it.  Obviously, it had nothing to do with the loss, so that wont wash either.  There will be no (as you say it)"exuse" if Hj loses to Silsbee again.  Like you said, it is what it is.  Silsbee won the game and the players taunted the opposing crowd.  Both are facts.  [b]As for inferring that HJ would have conducted themselves in the same manner, perhaps I can get you a tape of their state title game in 2007 (certainly a FAR bigger event than last Friday night) and you can draw your own conclusions on how they behave in a "big event".[/b][/quote]

Or the at home buzzer-beater against kountze in 2003.  But thats besides the point, Silsbee and HJ are both playing on the same level and should make for a great rematch... fans included  8)

P.S.- HJ by 12

[quote name="bullets13" post="1162966" timestamp="1327007572"]
I don't think they overlooked Silsbee at all.  I just think that had they beaten Silsbee, they wouldn't even blink at the prospect of playing WOS.  they'd assume that nobody could beat them.  now that they've lost a game, i think it will help refocus them on the fact that they have to come out and play well every game.
[/quote]
That's probably the best assessment I've heard so far regarding 'The Game'. Simple and to the point. Not losing for 27 straight games gives one the feeling of being invincible. The kids would probably not agree with me, but that loss was good for them so they realize that they CAN be defeated. Some HJ fans have said this too. Not that they were arrogant, IMO, but this WILL get them refocused as Bullets said. Good luck to [s]both[/s] all 3 teams, since y'all finally believe me when I said last month that WO-S was legit!  ;D

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1163194" timestamp="1327073784"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=94523.msg1162966#msg1162966 date=1327007572]
I don't think they overlooked Silsbee at all.  I just think that had they beaten Silsbee, they wouldn't even blink at the prospect of playing WOS.  they'd assume that nobody could beat them.  now that they've lost a game, i think it will help refocus them on the fact that they have to come out and play well every game.
[/quote]
That's probably the best assessment I've heard so far regarding 'The Game'. Simple and to the point. Not losing for 27 straight games gives one the feeling of being invincible. The kids would probably not agree with me, but that loss was good for them so they realize that they CAN be defeated. Some HJ fans have said this too. Not that they were arrogant, IMO, but this WILL get them refocused as Bullets said. Good luck to [s]both[/s] all 3 teams, [b]since y'all finally believe me when I said last month that WO-S was legit![/b]  ;D
[/quote]

I've known that WOS is very legit for quite sometime. Seen them play many times this season, since back in first week of Dec. They are a very good team with a very good coach.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1163237" timestamp="1327078697"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94523.msg1163194#msg1163194 date=1327073784]
[/quote]
That's probably the best assessment I've heard so far regarding 'The Game'. Simple and to the point. Not losing for 27 straight games gives one the feeling of being invincible. The kids would probably not agree with me, but that loss was good for them so they realize that they CAN be defeated. Some HJ fans have said this too. Not that they were arrogant, IMO, but this WILL get them refocused as Bullets said. Good luck to [s]both[/s] all 3 teams, [b]since y'all finally believe me when I said last month that WO-S was legit![/b]  ;D
[/quote]

I've known that WOS is very legit for quite sometime. Seen them play many times this season, since back in first week of Dec. They are a very good team with a very good coach.
[/quote]
They were playing short-handed in the YMBL and Bulldog Classic, and it showed. MOST people were ignoring them, claiming they were not good, and said HF or OF will prob capture 3rd in that district. They are a completely different team now, and it showed against Ned, PAM, and Silsbee. They will be a tough 'out' once the playoffs begin. BTW, AAW-Which district matches up against 21-3A in the 1st round of the playoffs?

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1163240" timestamp="1327079166"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94523.msg1163237#msg1163237 date=1327078697]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
They were playing short-handed in the YMBL and Bulldog Classic, and it showed. MOST people were ignoring them, claiming they were not good, and said HF or OF will prob capture 3rd in that district. They are a completely different team now, and it showed against Ned, PAM, and Silsbee. They will be a tough 'out' once the playoffs begin. BTW, AAW-Which district matches up against 21-3A in the 1st round of the playoffs?
[/quote]

22-3A

Coldspring
Cleveland
Splendora

This is who I think will be the playoff teams out of that district, in that order.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1163242" timestamp="1327079327"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94523.msg1163240#msg1163240 date=1327079166]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94523.msg1163237#msg1163237 date=1327078697]
I don't think they overlooked Silsbee at all.  I just think that had they
beaten Silsbee, they wouldn't even blink at the prospect of playing WOS.  they'd assume that nobody could beat them.  now that they've lost a game, i think it will help refocus them on the fact that they have to come out and play well every game.
[/quote]
That's probably the best assessment I've heard so far regarding 'The Game'. Simple and to the point. Not losing for 27 straight games gives one the feeling of being invincible. The kids would probably not agree with me, but that loss was good for them so they realize that they CAN be defeated. Some HJ fans have said this too. Not that they were
arrogant, IMO, but this WILL get them refocused as Bullets said. Good luck to [s]both[/s] all 3 teams, [b]since y'all finally believe me when I said last month that WO-S was legit![/b]  ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

22-3A

Coldspring
Cleveland
Splendora

This is who I think will be the playoff teams out of that district, in that order.
[/quote]
Have not seen CS play, can or will WO-S/HF beat them?

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1163246" timestamp="1327079469"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94523.msg1163242#msg1163242 date=1327079327]
beaten Silsbee, they wouldn't even blink at the prospect of playing WOS.  they'd assume that nobody could beat them.  now that they've lost a game, i think it will help refocus them on the fact that they have to come out and play well every game.
[/quote]
That's probably the best assessment I've heard so far regarding 'The Game'. Simple and to the point. Not losing for 27 straight games gives one the feeling of being invincible. The kids would probably not agree with me, but that loss was good for them so they realize that they CAN be defeated. Some HJ fans have said this too. Not that they were
arrogant, IMO, but this WILL get them refocused as Bullets said. Good luck to [s]both[/s] all 3 teams, [b]since y'all finally believe me when I said last month that WO-S was legit![/b]  ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

22-3A

Coldspring
Cleveland
Splendora

[/quote]
[/quote]

They may not have to play them. 1st place team get's a bye.

#2 plays #3 from each district in Bi-District round.

I have seen all three of those teams play. Coldspring is very good, good enough to give HJ and Silsbee all they can handle. Coldspring is a better team than WOS and HF.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1163250" timestamp="1327079985"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94523.msg1163246#msg1163246 date=1327079469]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94523.msg1163242#msg1163242 date=1327079327]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94523.msg1163194#msg1163194
date=1327073784]
[/quote]
That's probably the best assessment I've heard so far regarding 'The
Game'. Simple and to the point. Not losing for 27 straight games gives one the feeling of being invincible. The kids would probably not agree with me, but that loss was good for them so they realize that they CAN be defeated. Some HJ fans have said this too. Not that they were
[/quote]

[/quote]
They were playing short-handed in the YMBL and Bulldog Classic, and it showed. MOST people were ignoring them, claiming they were not good, and said HF or OF will prob capture 3rd in that district. They are a completely different team now, and it showed against Ned, PAM, and
Silsbee. They will be a tough 'out' once the playoffs begin. BTW, AAW-Which district matches up against 21-3A in the 1st round of the playoffs?
[/quote]

22-3A

Coldspring
Cleveland
Splendora

[/quote]
[/quote]

They may not have to play them. 1st place team get's a bye.

#2 plays #3 from each district in Bi-District round.

I have seen all three of those teams play. Coldspring is very good, good enough to give HJ and Silsbee all they can handle. Coldspring is a better team than WOS and HF.
[/quote]
Oh ya, I forgot that the 1st place team gets a bye. So who will CS play after their bye, and who will the 21-3A dist champ play? The winner of the 2/3 winner of which 2 districts?

22-3A district winner will play the winner of 2nd place 23-3A/3rd place 24-3A in the area round (2nd round)

21-3A district winner will play the winner of 2nd place 24-3A/3rd place 23-3A in the area round (2nd round)

23-3A consists of:

Caldwell
Giddings
La Grange
Navasota #1
Rockdale #3
Smithville #2

(that's how I pick them to finish)

24-3A consists of:

Bellville
Brookshire Royal (#1)
Columbus
Houston KIPP
Sealy (#2)
Stafford (#3)

(that's how I see them finishing)

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1163068" timestamp="1327027131"]
WOS by 1, Stevenash, why are you such a hater against Silsbee....I've read a lot your your post and majority of them are negative. Did you get bully by a kid back in the days in Silsbee and this is your only payback !!!!! Give us credit man, GOSH, and if Silsbee would have extended that 18 point lead to 25, then what would you have said !!! Luck Again.... You want shoot lights out every game , that's Basketball...So chill out with these "what if's "... Have you ever thought, what if Shaq would have hit his free- throws !!!
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="bullets13" post="1162912" timestamp="1326998942"]
HJ already had their wakeup call with Silsbee.  They should be re-focused now.  I originally thought that this might be a trap game for HJ if they beat Silsbee, but i think now that they have a loss we don't have to worry about them underestimating any opponents for awhile.  I say HJ wins 75-59.
[/quote]

well, i was half-close :)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1162896" timestamp="1326997722"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=94523.msg1162888#msg1162888 date=1326997168]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94523.msg1162876#msg1162876 date=1326996104]
I think HJ comes out with something to prove after the Silsbee loss and wins big:

HJ 72
WO-S 54
[/quote]
Well, the game after the Silsbee game was Tuesday the 17th.  The
Hawks won that one by a 45 point margin on their court.  Playing at WO-S, I don't think the margin of
victory will be 18 points.  Hardin-Jefferson is the BEST
TEAM in 21-3A - but don't underestimate the 'Stangs in their own house. :-X
[/quote]
I hear ya, and I've seen the Stangs play 6-7 games this season. The last one was with their full squad after they got their FB players back, and
they are now much improved. I still think the Hawks have something to prove even though they played a game since Silsbee.
[/quote]
I knew HJ had something to prove, but a 32 point win AT WOS?  ???

Impressive win!

[quote name="ST413" post="1162952" timestamp="1327005048"]
After the world was shocked by their loss to a grosly inferior Tiger team, the Hawks will be out to proove that noone in the district belongs in the same gym much less on the floor with the hawks. They will win by 30+!
[/quote]

I guess that you were right... ;D ::) 8)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1163237" timestamp="1327078697"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I knew that they were going to be good this year last year...sorry I couldn't resist...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami