Beaumont Ozen vs. Vidor Game Thread/Ozen wins 62-26!

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1156192" timestamp="1326032248"]
I am really happy for Vidor that they are doing good because they was down for many years. That being said, I made a comment earlier in the year that size and depth would be a problem for Vidor down the road. I think Ozen exposed that, Ozen is clearly the best team in the golden triangle. Vidor has good guard play but that will only carry you so far.
[/quote]
Yeah that's the one thing we've don't have going for us is depth.

yes Ozen would have beat Vidor even without the refs. But the male ref was terrible in both the JV and Varsity game. he even gave Ozen the Ball twice on possesion arrow even though they were clearly Vidors arrow. As far as Ozen being ranked #1 They have talent but  they play out of control, and when refs that have more than a few years experience call fouls #12 and #21 will foul out before half. That being said offensively #21 imresses me the most she can handle the ball and shoot with the best of them.and to quote the great Stuart Scott #33 is as long as the line at the DMV. Congrats to Ozen they are the best 20-4a has seen in a while.

Vidor is a very good and well coached team.  I have seen them play several times, but my opinion does not seem to fall under the conventional way of thinking.  Although the Pirates have good guard play... in my opinion it is the post/forward combination that makes this team tough.  Vidor is not very deep, so the key to beating Vidor lies in letting Jacks have whatever she comes up with and trying to keep Richmond and the other big girl off the boards and defended them tough. 
I think the Vidor/Central game will be very interesting!   

@Joe blow....I'm  sick of hearing about the refs...vidor coaches could have called that game and it would have been the same out come...so lets put that to rest because it's gettin old!....also you need to watch more then one Ozen game before you make comments about players fouling out in the first half....both of those girls are D1 prospects.. #12 has never fouled out of a game in 3 years. As for the playing out of control comment.....its called aggression!.....apparently you have never seen that style of basketball before. This is why they average 30 forced turnover per game....This team with the same style of play last year went from being no where on the radar to playing in the state tournament. You have a lot of nerve to come to this site criticizing the #1 team in the state...and their players individually.....you need to watch them play more often before you make those comments !

Slam nailed it...let Jacks and company shoot all the 30 footers that they want...rebound and control the inside and you got their number.

Dim's right too, you play as aggressively as the officiating will allow.  Now, as far as "under the radar", that is Ozen's fault for not playing a competive schedule (including this year), but hey, if you are good, you are good.  Just like to have seen the O come to Houston and show it early.  They have one quality win IMO all season...  :) 

I have to disagree Hillguy. Letting them shoot at will would be a mistake Jacks and Richmond can get hot at anytime and that is bad news for any team. Ozen DID NOT let them shoot threes and thats one thing that helped them blow that game out. Congrats to Ozen on the big win and its pretty awesome to see how far Vidor has come they are 20-5 this season which is impressive by any standards.

[quote name="dimlaws" post="1156110" timestamp="1325983084"]
Wow HF... "Exploited Ozen"...that's  a pretty tough word after beating a team by 36. They called off the full court press half way through the 4th quarter, and they started stalling the ball about 2-3 min left in the game. Could have been muuuch worse HF. Exploited.....Hahaha...hahaha.... that's too funny!!!
[/quote]

This post coming from the person that said in the first quarter Ozen was "hunting" Vidor actually in the first quarter Ozen couldnt hit the broad side of a barn and Vidor hit some shots and was in the game. That was the first half in the second Ozen burned them with their depth thats all their is too it.

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1156591" timestamp="1326119157"]
I have to disagree Hillguy. Letting them shoot at will would be a mistake Jacks and Richmond can get hot at anytime and that is bad news for any team. Ozen DID NOT let them shoot threes and thats one thing that helped them blow that game out. Congrats to Ozen on the big win and its pretty awesome to see how far Vidor has come they are 20-5 this season which is impressive by any standards.
[/quote]

You are correct...they can get hot, but I think you make them prove they can be effective from outside the arc THEN you defend that.  3's are flashy and get lots of "oohs and ahhs", but rarely win ball games against strong opponents.  Not saying dont defend the arc, but if they want to launch from 3-5 ft further out, let em do it...very low % shot.

HF....why are we having this discussion?... When you lose by 36 pts after the game being close do to stalling and few missed shots early in the game...ya got hunted and eaten!!..It doesnt matter when the baskets were scored, or who scored them....Thats what Ozen calls TEAM work!..Vidor had 10 second half points..Com'on man!..this is my last post about this...Vidors game is old news.

@ Hillguy-lol... I think ozen played more then one quality team...but thats your opinion like you said. Realistically the only games that truly matters are the playoffs...and I Guarantee you the big O will be ready...See You There!!!!!!!! 

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1156653" timestamp="1326124553"]
[quote author=HFfan5 link=topic=93842.msg1156591#msg1156591 date=1326119157]
[/quote]

You are correct...they can get hot, but I think you make them prove they can be effective from outside the arc THEN you defend that.  3's are flashy and get lots of "oohs and ahhs", but rarely win ball games against strong opponents.  Not saying dont defend the arc, but if they want to launch from 3-5 ft further out, let em do it...very low % shot.
[/quote]

Exactly!    How did you get to be so smart? 
Has BH ever run a box & One?  (Just sayin)

[quote author=dimlaws link=topic=93842.msg1156812#msg1156812 date=1326137683]
HF....why are we having this discussion?... When you lose by 36 pts after the game being close do to stalling and few missed shots early in the game...ya got hunted and eaten!!..It doesnt matter when the baskets were scored, or who scored them....Thats what Ozen calls TEAM work!..Vidor had 10 second half points..Com'on man!..this is my last post about this...Vidors game is old news.

@ Hillguy-lol... I think ozen played more then one quality team...but thats your opinion like you said. Realistically the only games that truly matters are the playoffs...and I Guarantee you the big O will be ready...See You There!!!!!!!! 
[/quote]

"Strong and bitter words are usually an indication of a weak cause."

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1156653" timestamp="1326124553"]
[/quote]

You are correct...they can get hot, but I think you make them prove they can be effective from outside the arc THEN you defend that.  3's are flashy and get lots of "oohs and ahhs", but rarely win ball games against strong opponents.  Not saying dont defend the arc, but if they want to launch from 3-5 ft further out, let em do it...[b]very low % shot.[/b]
[/quote]
Allison Jacks has a 64% completion of 3 to 5 feet away from the arc.

[quote name="vp32" post="1156995" timestamp="1326158764"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=93842.msg1156653#msg1156653 date=1326124553]
[/quote]

You are correct...they can get hot, but I think you make them prove they can be effective from outside the arc THEN you defend that.  3's are flashy and get lots of "oohs and ahhs", but rarely win ball games against strong opponents.  Not saying dont defend the arc, but if they want to launch from 3-5 ft further out, let em do it...[b]very low % shot.[/b]
[/quote]
[/quote]

ROFLMAO...she should be in the Cirque du Soleil then...dude, time to wake up.  I've got some oceanfront property in Polk County for sale if you are interested.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1157077" timestamp="1326164973"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93842.msg1156995#msg1156995 date=1326158764]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=93842.msg1156653#msg1156653 date=1326124553]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

ROFLMAO...she should be in the Cirque du Soleil then...dude, time to wake up.  I've got some oceanfront property in Polk County for sale if you are interested.
[/quote]
That's coming from the stat book of the Lady Vidor Pirates.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1157112" timestamp="1326168384"]
Ok, well I cant argue with that sacred document.

Best season 3pt average in WNBA history - 52%...31+% is considered "good".  That 64% should make for nice contract and signing bonus.  In the word of dimlaws, I'm done  ;)
[/quote]
I said from 3 to 5 feet out. Not all the three's lol.

If im not mistaking she had 0 points against Ozen...not sure how many shots she took, but it was several, many from outside the arc. My degree is not in math, but its tough to have that kind of average with that many missed shots in one game..(just saying) ??? O, Im done,  really this time. ;) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder