EAST CHAMBERS HOLIDAY CLASSIC THREAD/HARDIN-JEFFERSON WINS THE TOURNAMENT!

WOSgrad

Today's Games:

Tarkington vs. Hitchcock, 8:00 a.m., Old gym
Consol Semi #1, Lumberton vs. Dayton, 9:30 a..m. Old Gym
Consol Semi #2, Hamshire-Fannett vs. Orangefield, 11:00 a.m. Old Gym
Champ Semi #1, East Chambers vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 8:00 a.m., New Gym
Champ Semi #2, Hardin-Jefferson vs. Corsicana, 9:30 a.m., [b]Broadcast on SETXsports.com[/b]
Consolation Game, Lumberton/Dayton loser vs. Hamshire-Fannett/Orangefield loser, 2:00 p.m., New Gym
3rd Place Game, East Chambers/Little Cypress-Mauriceville loser vs. Hardin-Jefferson/Corsicana loser, 3:30 p.m. New Gym
Consolation Final, Lumberton/Dayton winner vs. Hamshire-Fannett/Orangefield winner, 5:00 p.m., New Gym
Championship Game, East Chambers/Little Cypress-Mauriceville winner vs. Hardin-Jefferson/Corsicana winner, 8:00 p.m. New Gym

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1152223" timestamp="1325207409"]
Tried to get the Lumberton and Tarkington score but the other gym was already closed... Shimmied up a fence only to see the score board had already been cleared... No one has posted it at the main gym yet...
[/quote]
Zeek, I'm sorry but I have to withdraw my name from the 6th position on your "Back-up" list.  I'm way too old to shimmy anymore. :(

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1152449" timestamp="1325257373"]
LCM defeats EC 47-44

LCM will now play in final at 8:00 tonight.
[/quote]
Ho-hum (yawn), I've seen this one before.  Enough, already! ;D

[table]
[tr][td][color=black]Final[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]Hardin-Jefferson[/td][td]  [/td][td][color=black]74[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]Corsicana[/td][td]  [/td][td][color=black]47[/td][/tr]
[/table]

The Hawks will face Little Cypress-Mauriceville in the championship game tonight. The scheduled tip off for that game is 8:00 p.m.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1152465" timestamp="1325259900"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=93512.msg1152449#msg1152449 date=1325257373]
LCM defeats EC 47-44

LCM will now play in final at 8:00 tonight.
[/quote]
Ho-hum (yawn), I've seen this one before.  Enough, already! ;D
[/quote]Do you know how HARD it is to beat a team 4 times in one year...... well, nevermind. ;)

[quote name="FlexD33" post="1152501" timestamp="1325263226"]
I played for HJ and I'm a huge HJ fan....I don't get this feeling a lot about my hawkies but I got a bad feeling about tonights game vs LCM. Playing a team 4 times and less than a 2 month span is very scary..I will be at the game tonight, I sure hope my feeling is wrong about this.....
[/quote]I played AGAINST HJ for 5 years... against teams exactly like this one (Class of '82).  They beat us 11 times in a row.

You need to lose that scary feeling.

[quote name="FlexD33" post="1152501" timestamp="1325263226"]
I played for HJ and I'm a huge HJ fan....I don't get this feeling a lot about my hawkies but I got a bad feeling about tonights game vs LCM. Playing a team 4 times and less than a 2 month span is very scary..I will be at the game tonight, I sure hope my feeling is wrong about this.....
[/quote]

i was kind of thinking the same thing... hopefully since they're playing for the trophy they'll have some added incentive to come out sharp.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1152530" timestamp="1325269912"]
Anybody have any scores from any of the consolation games?
[/quote]

That game would have been EC-Corsicana, again. I am hearing the coaches mutually agreed to cancel it, and let Corsicana get a early start on their long drive home. Sounds like a prudent decision, IMO.

Glad to see Corsicana participate here. They are good folks.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1152543" timestamp="1325272899"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93512.msg1152530#msg1152530 date=1325269912]
Anybody have any scores from any of the consolation games?
[/quote]

That game would have been EC-Corsicana, again. I am hearing the coaches mutually agreed to cancel it, and let Corsicana get a early start on their long drive home. Sounds like a prudent decision, IMO.

Glad to see Corsicana participate here. They are good folks.
[/quote]

That is completely understandable.

The ones I was hoping to get scores on were: Tarkington/Hitchcock, Lumberton/Dayton and Hamshire-Fannett/Orangefield

[quote name="FlexD33" post="1152556" timestamp="1325273548"]
So does that mean the HJ game has been moved up or is it still on schedule??
[/quote]

Doubtful.  It just means that the good folks in Winnie who have been hosting both a boys and girls tournament will have a few moments to catch their breath after running ragged for the last couple of days.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder