Argyle VS Monahans

[quote name="Chs96" post="1139848" timestamp="1323050770"]
Should be a good one.  I hear Argyle is the favorite.  If they knocked off Gilmer and Carthage... must be the real deal.
[/quote]

I have to admit that Argyle having beat Carthage and Gilmer in consecutive weeks makes me think they'll have the edge over Monahans...I know Monahans usually has a pretty good team but I can't see them being better than either Carthage or Gilmer...Unless Argyle makes alot of mistakes or has a off night I don't see them losing to a team most would consider inferior...

[quote name="One4All" post="1140013" timestamp="1323085625"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=92665.msg1139955#msg1139955 date=1323059406]
Better be lucky Brownwood isn't in the mix.
[/quote]
Brownwood WAS in the mix annnnnndddddd they LOST......So I don't get your Point ...
[/quote]

This is kinda of an inside joke,That has been going on for two years....You would have had to be here to understand it..lol

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1140194" timestamp="1323109301"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92665.msg1139835#msg1139835 date=1323049985]
Who wins this game to play either oakhurst or wimberley?
[/quote]
Stayed in Monahans a couple of years back....a few miles west of Odessa, Tx....nuff said...they only play football...
[/quote]

But the question is have they played the right competition to be able to beat Argyle? Compare the recruiting for both schools and let me know what you think.

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1140222" timestamp="1323110965"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=92665.msg1140194#msg1140194 date=1323109301]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92665.msg1139835#msg1139835 date=1323049985]
Who wins this game to play either oakhurst or wimberley?
[/quote]
Stayed in Monahans a couple of years back....a few miles west of Odessa, Tx....nuff said...they only play football...
[/quote]

But the question is have they played the right competition to be able to beat Argyle? Compare the recruiting for both schools and let me know what you think.
[/quote]Don't know...this was about 6 yrs ago...

Played the right competition!? IMO that is fairly irrevelant but, they did beat Brownwood and Snyder. Would love to see Monahans win, but don't think that is going to happen. What type of offense does Argyle run? Who are the key players to listen for during the game Friday??

[quote name="jmoore" post="1140257" timestamp="1323113869"]
Played the right competition!? IMO that is fairly irrevelant but, they did beat Brownwood and Snyder. Would love to see Monahans win, but don't think that is going to happen. What type of offense does Argyle run? Who are the key players to listen for during the game Friday??
[/quote]

Argyle offense is very hard to stop. We spread it out in shotgun with Austin Aune, a TCU commit for football and baseball. The receiving core is led by Chadd Bossow at Tight End and Ian Sadler and Adam Khan at Wide Receiver. The Running Back, Tyler Eveleth runs behind 6-6 280 lb Trey Keenan. We like to run the read draw option as well with Aune and Eveleth - Aune is very mobile and will tuck it and run.

Interesting, as said I would love to see Monahans pull off the "W" but just seriously seriously doubt it happens. They have a strong running game, weak passing game, and defense is suspect IMO. Sometimes they show up sometimes they don't. They gave up a lot of yardage and points to Seminole. Been pretty stout on Defense throughout the playoffs though. So maybe they got everything together. Cano and Scharf are both hard runners, Scharf has more potential to break it. While Cano will grind it out and occassionaly break a big one or two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder