Dawson VS Lake Travis

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="andrew24b" post="1139823" timestamp="1323049270"]
Dawson 24 Lake Travis 22 Dawson will find a way to win this one. I don't think it's possible for Lake Travis to reach the state game 5 seanos in a row. Their streak will be snapped.
[/quote]

If Dawson doesn't turn the ball over they can win it. They are very underrated and LT is coming into this game very big headed

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1139824" timestamp="1323049431"]
[quote author=andrew24b link=topic=92664.msg1139823#msg1139823 date=1323049270]
Dawson 24 Lake Travis 22 Dawson will find a way to win this one. I don't think it's possible for Lake Travis to reach the state game 5 seanos in a row. Their streak will be snapped.
[/quote]

If Dawson doesn't turn the ball over they can win it. They are very underrated and LT is coming into this game very big headed
[/quote]This is a totally different Dawson team than LT faced couple years ago... They are ready to compete on that level now.

[quote name="vp32" post="1139871" timestamp="1323052448"]
IMO i think dawson got lucky on the injury Angleton had with cooper in the first half. They don't stand a chance. Lake Travis by 21+
[/quote]I think that's part of the game... Depth might have been Angleton's weakness then.  Great teams have depth.  Dawson has only loss to two teams, Manvel and La Marque... and they are some very good teams.  Dawson is a good hard nose team, with talent.  Yes, Lake Travis is the King of 4A and that's known, but Dawson can be a tough opponent.  GO EAGLES!!

[quote name="songone" post="1139878" timestamp="1323053093"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92664.msg1139871#msg1139871 date=1323052448]
IMO i think dawson got lucky on the injury Angleton had with cooper in the first half. They don't stand a chance. Lake Travis by 21+
[/quote]I think that's part of the game... Depth might have been Angleton's weakness then.  Great teams have depth.  Dawson has only loss to two teams, Manvel and La Marque... and they are some very good teams.  Dawson is a good hard nose team, with talent.  Yes, Lake Travis is the King of 4A and that's known, but Dawson can be a tough opponent.  GO EAGLES!!
[/quote]
I never doubted that. Yes they are a great opponent. That's why they are in the top 4 but IMO do they have enough talent to beat Lake Travis? No way.

[quote name="vp32" post="1139885" timestamp="1323053623"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=92664.msg1139878#msg1139878 date=1323053093]
[/quote]
I never doubted that. Yes they are a great opponent. That's why they are in the top 4 but IMO do they have enough talent to beat Lake Travis? No way.
[/quote]I can see why one could say that... LT is the truth!  No doubt .  I just hope the EAGLES can pull off a stunner.  Like the Pearland Oilers did to Trinity last year.

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1139904" timestamp="1323055141"]
This has somewhat been the "year of the upsets".

Good luck Dawson!
[/quote]
That is true and with that being said noone but god knows whats gonna happen on friday night in texas when it comes to high school football. With that being said i hope for a great game with no injuries.

[quote name="vp32" post="1139871" timestamp="1323052448"]
[/quote]I hope Dawson can beat LT, but considering how close they came to loosing to Angleton yesterday, I don't think they can. Also I don't think that cooper being injured hurt Angleton as much as the mistakes that they made did. (BOTH teams made a LOT of mistakes) The biggest one for our side being the int that was thrown with only seconds left in the game. Angleton's defense had just caused Dawson to turn the ball over on a fumble by sacking their QB, and they were advancing toward dawson's goal line when the Cat's QB threw a pass that was meant for Dillon Shugart who was running right up the middle of the field and into the end zone. One of the dawson defenders got between the ball and the intended target and picked it off, not to mention saved the game for Dawson. After that, Dawson just ran the clock down and there was nothing else that could be done. This game was really close from the beginning, and it really did come down to who had the ball last. Both teams played hard, but Dawson just made one less mistake and got the W by four points.

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1139918" timestamp="1323056161"]
[/quote]I hope Dawson can beat LT, but considering how close they came to loosing to Angleton yesterday, I don't think they can. Also I don't think that cooper being injured hurt Angleton as much as the mistakes that they made did. (BOTH teams made a LOT of mistakes) The biggest one for our side being the int that was thrown with only seconds left in the game. Angleton's defense had just caused Dawson to turn the ball over on a fumble by sacking their QB, and they were advancing toward dawson's goal line when the Cat's QB threw a pass that was meant for Dillon Shugart who was running right up the middle of the field and into the end zone. One of the dawson defenders got between the ball and the intended target and picked it off, not to mention saved the game for Dawson. After that, Dawson just ran the clock down and there was nothing else that could be done. This game was really close from the beginning, and it really did come down to who had the ball last. Both teams played hard, but Dawson just made one less mistake and got the W by four points.
[/quote]
Sounds like our game for the first half lol. Until we made a lotta mistakes lol.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think I would call them "big headed".  They have won it all 4 years in a row and counting.  I would say they have earned the right to have a big head, even though they seem very humble to me.

Coach Wells has been in a ton big time games during his career & watching Tony Heath get a ring last year, I know he's hungry to get a ring as an HC as well. Remember no one thought  Pearland could beat Trinity last year & Tony pulled it off. Coach Wells is no slouch, has access to some of the best coaching minds & biggest winners in the state. I know he can get the plan but can Dawson execute it against Lake Travis? I dunno. I wouldn't throw dirt on Dawson, Dawson has talent and in a one game scenario anything can happen.

[quote name="TEXNIFICENT" post="1139958" timestamp="1323060610"]
Coach Wells has been in a ton big time games during his career & watching Tony Heath get a ring last year, I know he's hungry to get a ring as an HC as well. Remember no one thought  Pearland could beat Trinity last year & Tony pulled it off. Coach Wells is no slouch, has access to some of the best coaching minds & biggest winners in the state. I know he can get the plan but can Dawson execute it against Lake Travis? I dunno. I wouldn't throw dirt on Dawson, Dawson has talent and in a one game scenario anything can happen.
[/quote]I agree with you on that! 

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1139910" timestamp="1323055611"]
LT is taking Dawson lightly.. ever since yesterday I have been hearing it will be worse than 2009..... let lt over look Dawson. They will lose
[/quote]

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about LT is that they take no one lightly. They come prepared, they execute, and they have depth times three at all positions. As bad as I'd like to see them taken down, realistically it's just not going to happen at the hands of Dawson. Dawson makes too many mistakes on a regular basis, and their scheme is not liquid enough to adjust to what LT is going to throw at them both defensively and offensively. LT can beat most JC's and lower tier colleges. Their athletes are just that good. It's not fantasy, it's just fact, and just to be truthful, I have seen many LT games and their kids are fired up, but they are humble in victory, and play clean ball. Their coaching staff demands a lot from their players, and one of the biggest demands is discipline. They don't tolerate nonsense, or anything that distracts, deters, or deviates them from their mission. And their mission is simple, win State, PERIOD.

Like it or not, it's a fact. Not saying they can't be beat, just haven't seen a high school team yet that can do it this year. Someone said that this is a very different Dawson team than they saw a few years ago, well this is a very different LT team, the best I've seen on this run of state titles. And that schedule they play in over there just ramps them up for a run every year. Tough neck of the woods.....

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1140006" timestamp="1323084252"]
[quote author=dhseagle11 link=topic=92664.msg1139910#msg1139910 date=1323055611]
LT is taking Dawson lightly.. ever since yesterday I have been hearing it will be worse than 2009..... let lt over look Dawson. They will lose
[/quote]

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about LT is that they take no one lightly. The come prepared, they execute, and they have depth times three at all positions. As bad as I'd like to see them taken down, realistically it's just not going to happen at the hands of Dawson. Dawson makes too many mistakes on a regular basis, and their scheme is not liquid enough to adjust to what LT is going to throw at them both defensively and offensively. LT can beat most JC's and lower tier colleges. Their athletes are just that good. It's not fantasy, it's just fact, and just to be truthful, I have seen many LT games and their kids are fired up, but the are humble in victory, and play clean ball. Their coaching staff demands a lot from their players, and one of the biggest demands is discipline. They don't tolerate nonsense, or anything that distracts, deters, or deviates them from their mission. And their mission is simple, win State, PERIOD.

Like it or not, it's a fact. Not saying they can't be beat, just haven't seen a high school team yet that can do it this year. Someone said that this is a very different Dawson team than they saw a few years ago, well this is a very different LT team, the best I've seen on this run of state titles. And that schedule they play in over their just ramps them up for a run every year. Tough neck of the woods.....
[/quote]Well one thing for sure... No one can disagree w/ anything good one has to say about LT.  They have ran the gauntlet many times, that's a fact!

Dawson 24 Lake Travis 22 Dawson will find a way to win this one. I don't think it's possible for Lake Travis to reach the state game 5 seasons in a row. Their streak will be snapped.
[/quote]

[/quote] Lake Travis is still a strong team these days. I still see Dawson having the ability to beat them.

[quote name="GGilbert 7 2010" post="1140153" timestamp="1323103873"]
Trust me lake Travis is not taking Dawson lightly I have family on lake Travis and after last weeks game they realize they will get everyone's best shot, [b]cedar park was the only team I thought could beat them just because they know each other so well,[/b] lake Travis 45 Dawson 24
[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. And after a close one with CP, they'll be looking to open it up against Dawson. 48-20 LT.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wew
    Newest Member
    wew