Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. West Orange-Stark

Trigger

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1133351" timestamp="1322453195"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=92269.msg1133337#msg1133337 date=1322452561]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=92269.msg1133314#msg1133314 date=1322450702]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=92269.msg1133311#msg1133311 date=1322450443]
ok ok ok you win but in the first place the kids cant help it its a gift from GOD  so dont blam the kids at west orange for that my friend and for getting my hopes up we are the under dogs  and why not get our hope up tell me
[/quote]

I'm just trying to help you. The last thing I want is to come on here Friday night and read about a bunch of depressed wos fans ;D, I'm just trying to help you [b]prepare[/b] for the inevitable 8)
[/quote]

shouldnt you be "preparing" for the goose creek memorial basketball game on tuesday and worry less about preparing the wos fans for the "inevitable?"  i bet those falcons could use more of your support! thanks for your concern though... ;)
[/quote]

I don't care about basketball ( I was hoping the NBA season would get cancelled, but oh well). I am "preparing" for the baseball and softball seasons tho, in case you haven't heard were pretty good at those over here 8).
[/quote]

8)

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jnunn" post="1133273" timestamp="1322447693"]
Greg Tepper and Travis Stewart, both of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football picks Coldspring to beat West Orange- Stark and to advance to State Simi-Finals

On the subject of Top Football Players in Texas list I could only find two players and only one was playing in this game that was listed in the top recruiters list.

For Coldspring Sherman Gilbert 4.5 40yd was listed as the 10th ranked RB in the state all though  Oklahoma State is recruiting him as an inside receiver. He also is listed as the 89th player in the Top 100 list.

For WO-S the only player (ex-player) I could find was Justin Thomas was listed as the 41st DB in the state, but is ineligible to play because he is 20 years old. He was not listed in the Top 100 list.

If there are other list please post for our friends we share this board with.
[/quote]

Well wait a minute here! Where is our 2005 State Championship trophy, Stang fans? Remember? We had Army All-American and Texas starting corner Deion Beasley, All-Star Texas safety (and first round pick of the Seattle Seahawks) Earl Thomas, Texas Tech starting receiver Jacoby Franks, and Lamar University star Andre Bevil among our players. Somehow, we got robbed!

I totally forgot that Dave Campbell's Top 100 players are the only ones eligible for state title contention! Well pack it up, boys. We've NEVER faced stars like THIS UNBEATABLE COLDSPRING TROJANS team!

How many Top 100 prospects did that BC team that you had a one-play win over have? Surely Lorena must have been LOADED with future NFL first-rounders in order to stay within six points of the mighty Trojans! Get back to me with a list!

Bottom line these are the two best teams in the region, glad to see them play each other. Whoever, has the least amount of penalties and turnovers probably wins the game. I figure WOS will have to pass well to win and so will Coldspring. The Mustangs (except for the first quarter against the Panthers) have been passing the ball well in the playoffs while Coldspring has not just based on the accounts that their fans have posted. Wish I could see the stats. Watched some game film of the Mr. Gilbert, very impressive. Seems to be very fast but not very quick like Lindsey. Seems like he is better once he hits the corner and has outstanding blocking especially to his left. Have great respect for the Cs coaches they will definately be ready and they know how to use Gilbert very well.

Should be a great game decided in the last few drives. Don't know who will win but I will say GO MUSTANGS..may each team be injury free and have it decided on the field with NO help from the refs.

[quote name="venom33" post="1133337" timestamp="1322452561"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=92269.msg1133314#msg1133314 date=1322450702]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=92269.msg1133311#msg1133311 date=1322450443]
ok ok ok you win but in the first place the kids cant help it its a gift from GOD  so dont blam the kids at west orange for that my friend and for getting my hopes up we are the under dogs  and why not get our hope up tell me
[/quote]

I'm just trying to help you. The last thing I want is to come on here Friday night and read about a bunch of depressed wos fans ;D, I'm just trying to help you [b]prepare[/b] for the inevitable 8)
[/quote]

shouldnt you be "preparing" for the goose creek memorial basketball game on tuesday and worry less about preparing the wos fans for the "inevitable?"  i bet those falcons could use more of your support! thanks for your concern though... ;)
[/quote]

Hey leave falconfanatic alone. He is just supporting his district team. Just as we would do. Just like I expect the teams in your district to do for you. Hopefully we will fill both sides of Turner Field and pack the house! Hope they give the attendance numbers. What would be the over/under? About 8,000? I know 12,000 showed up at Sam last year for CS and Athens.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1133397" timestamp="1322461344"]
I know 12,000 showed up at Sam last year for CS and Athens.
[/quote]
Yep the atmosphere was electric....Athens came out and picked off a CS pass on the first or second play of the game and scored a few plays later...After that CS steamrolled them by about 30 pts....

If CS can't pass they won't win. If WOS shuts down Gilbert, can they pass? I watched the CS/Kirbyville game last year at Lamar. If CS can't play a passing team any better than they did last year, WOS will beat them. However, if either team has 5 turnovers, that'll be the team going home. I'll say WOS takes this one 24-14. They've been on a roll in the playoffs.

Just now caught up.Wow already 21 pages.
I would think Coldspring would have a little more concern about this game than WO-S has due to their lack of offense the past three games.Don't get me wrong,WO-S is concerned also but I think they fell they are playing better at this point.Coldspring is winning with their defense.Three teams have kept their offense in check but were unable to find a way through Coldsprings stout defense.Can WO-S find a way?They certainly have the talent.I'm not going to predict a score but if each team preforms the way they have to get here it could go either way.The team that wins on special teams,turnovers,keeps penelties down and such will win this game.I hope it's my Mustangs.

as DAN DOOKS has always said if a team in the playoffs has a stud back are backs thay will get there yardages but our job is to keep them out of the end zone some way some how. come friday night its might come down to who out smarts who between the two coaching staffs who has done there home work we here at wo-s KNOW that coldsprings is the top  cats coldsprings is loaded with top notched kids and have been to the BIG DANCE last year and would like nothen more  to step foot on the big star agan.i am NOT going to get on here and trash mouth cs thay are a team with a dream but someway somehow must keep them from braking the BIG PLAYS more later lol

This will be my last post on this game...I have no idea who will win this game,(But I don't feel lonely,no one else knows either)..All the talk of who's got D1 players and players who can jump giant buildings in a single bound,past players who have made the pro ranks don't make a rat's rump and have no bearing on the future or present games teams they will play...You can lose big time to a team,play them again next week and win the same way..It all comes down to discipline and execution of plays...Talk is cheap everyone can afford it..What matters is what's done on the field of play on game day..All the rest is talk and entertainment untill the main event...( Oh well we got to have something to do till game time.. ;D)

I agree with you. I believe all the stat and player talk is due to none of us having a clue to who has the edge. Seems to me this is probably one of the most even matchups in Texas. All the talk is for us fans to hqve something to do untill Friday. If you noticed, all the threads before this one when no one knew if this game would even happen, was a lot of smack and trash. This one is way different. Different in the fact that now the game is here, both teams fans, respect each others team. This is a toss up. I do believe this could be the state championship. I know were all excited for this game and win or lose, you know the kids will give it their all. This is why I love HS football.

KICKER this game reminds  me of the wo-s gilmer match up a few years back.if you can remember GILMER was LOADED i belive had one of the top passers in the country and a running back with over 3,000 yards and the mustangs were a very heavy underdogs in that game i belive gilmer went on to win state that year DO YOU REMEMBER that game

Just so glad this game is gettin to happen.. Not gonna talk about how many 4.4's each team can run or how many D1 players are on the field.. This is gonna be a great game and atmosphere. Both schools have a great following.. To me the CS OLINE has to play better..period... CS D will be ready to go.. Morrison will have a killer scheme in place and the players will be in the right place to make plays.. CS has to take advantage of turnovers or short fields, something they havent done the last 3 games..With the posts im reading WOS seems to think you only have to stop Gilbert.. 2 times this year after Gilbert has posted huge games, the next game Monroe has been the man.. they are a good change-up.. CS D needs to rally on sproles look a like and stop #82... he looked like their best WR.. CS D should be able to force their QB into some mistakes, but they have to capitalize.. Good luck too both teams, couldnt have wished for anything better on a FRIDAY NIGHT!!! GO TROJANS

Stat           WO-S Coldspring
PPG Avg Scoring 33.42 48.17
Passing Yds 139 75.17
Rushing Yds 220.33 367.92
Total Yds             359.33 443.09
PPG Avg Allowed 14.25 6.75
Pass Yds Allowed 125.40 74.20
Rush Yds Allowed 96.75 50.30
Total Yds Allowed 222.15 124.50

Great sportsmanlike posts skipper, kicker, Socrates, & KvilleKats. It was time for folks to quit beating their chests & take a deep breath. I'm wishing for an injury-free game, & I expect a hard fought but clean game from these two good football programs. I'll see you all in the stands Friday night! 

[quote name="chs11" post="1133708" timestamp="1322508726"]
how is wos's o-line?
[/quote]

Was kind of a question Mark at the beginning of the season. Kinda of a carousel. Now they seem to be blowing opponents off the ball. The kids up front are down right nasty at the momment. Looks like a denny's with all the pancake blocks.

[quote name="skipper" post="1133794" timestamp="1322514137"]
looking at these stats show two good teams getting after it you can add it up later  #1 RUSHING YARDS ALLOWED---WO-S 96.7 --coldsprings 50.3 #2 TOTAL YARDS ALLOWED---WO-S--222.1 COLDSPRINGS--124.5    these stats came from  jnunn
[/quote]
No I can not ta credit for these stats - - - they came from Setxsports - I just did the leg work and put them all together so you would not have to punch in each selection. But thanks for the credit anyway.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder