Thank You Jeff Mathews!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.  I'm pretty mad at him for the 15 yd penalty that basically negated the big 3rd down stop for a loss in the 3rd quarter.  It gave them another chance at a TD and it is really what started the downward spiral.  You cannot get mad at the kids for anything when you, as an adult, cannot control your emotions.  It was a big game and whatever he was upset about probably was valid, but you cannot let it cost you in the game.  You just can't do that.

[quote name="invictus" post="1131298" timestamp="1322339672"]
I don't know.  I'm pretty mad at him for the 15 yd penalty that basically negated the big 3rd down stop for a loss in the 3rd quarter.  It gave them another chance at a TD and it is really what started the downward spiral.  You cannot get mad at the kids for anything when you, as an adult, cannot control your emotions.  It was a big game and whatever he was upset about probably was valid, but you cannot let it cost you in the game.  You just can't do that.
[/quote]

15 yard penalty was not on him

[quote name="walk_the_plank" post="1131348" timestamp="1322340460"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=92257.msg1131298#msg1131298 date=1322339672]
[/quote]

15 yard penalty was not on him
[/quote]

Then who was it?

[/quote]Again you prove that you do not know a dang thing about football!

let me go on record to say that since they dont give coach of the year to the coach that wins district in the case of coach washigton last yr. i will say jeff mathews sould win it based solely on the fact that he keep his team together thru some tough times and got thm three rounds deep. first class coach.  i usually got with a bmt team but for ones jeff deserves it

Was on the sideline, Penalty was on our player for pushing one of their players after the whistle.  Coach Mathews was gripeing at the ref because the play before one of the angelton players head butted one of our players right in front of the referee and was not told anything.  Coach told him that it was his job (referee's) to protect his players.  I am glad that he was trying to protect our kids. 

[quote name="Butcher" post="1131452" timestamp="1322342839"]
Was on the sideline, Penalty was on our player for pushing one of their players after the whistle.  Coach Mathews was gripeing at the ref because the play before one of the angelton players head butted one of our players right in front of the referee and was not told anything.  Coach told him that it was his job (referee's) to protect his players.  I am glad that he was trying to protect our kids.
[/quote]

All I had to go on was what was being broadcasted and they said it was on the coaches.

[quote name="surfer73" post="1131430" timestamp="1322342331"]
[/quote]Again you prove that you do not know a dang thing about football!
[/quote]

Look in the mirror and say that again.

[/quote]

The 15yd penalty you are referring to was a personal foul [i]on one of the players[/i] NOT on Coach Mathews.  You may want to reconsider your accusation.  He was understandably upset at the players for not controlling their emotions.

[quote name="criseaver" post="1131596" timestamp="1322345241"]
[/quote]

The 15yd penalty you are referring to was a personal foul [i]on one of the players[/i] NOT on Coach Mathews.  You may want to reconsider your accusation.  He was understandably upset at the players for not controlling their emotions.
[/quote]

Can you not read?  I stated that all I had to go on was what the broadcasters said and they said it was on the coaches.

[quote name="invictus" post="1131607" timestamp="1322345388"]
[quote author=criseaver link=topic=92257.msg1131596#msg1131596 date=1322345241]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you not read?  I stated that all I had to go on was what the broadcasters said and they said it was on the coaches.
[/quote]

We lose by 25 pts, and you make that false statement and all you can say is "that's all I had to go on."  If that was all you had to go on, I would probably refrain from making a statement as if it was fact.... Great Job Coach!

[quote name="invictus" post="1131607" timestamp="1322345388"]
[quote author=criseaver link=topic=92257.msg1131596#msg1131596 date=1322345241]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You mean you weren't even at the game? Some fan you are! You might want to know what's going on before you open your trap, I mean the best season in 47 years and you want to get mad at coach Mathews! The Pirates will do just fine without fans like you.

Everybody, please calm down. That one play was not what lost us that game. We ran into a better team, period. There were several things that cost us the game, that wasn't it. If you look at the nuances of football you will notice everytime Montana was around the ball, they hit him. By the third quarter, he was hurting and not moving well. They were bigger, faster and better coached than any team we've faced. If you want to pick one play, pick #9 catching the kickoff after we got within five 28 - 23 and running through our team like Forrest Gump. They have five legit D-1 players...#9 is headed to Houston. This thread was started about Jeff and the outstanding job he did with a team predicted to finish 7th in an 8 team district. Quit acting like Vidorians.....

There is something which sticks out about Jeff and it has nothing to do with football. Jeff cares about the kids and his passion is driven by wanting his players to succeed. There is just something different about this guy and it separates him from others. Jeff should have the Vidor job for life if that is what he wants.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86