Vidor vs. Angleton Predictions

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123739" timestamp="1321727925"]
[color=purple]Vidor season stats look just like Angleton's from years past. The same stats that people over in the Golden Triangle always pointed out but now that a team from that area is making a run, ya'll aren't pointing those stats out. Why is that? Angleton is a dang good team and if they play a complete game this game will not be close. They will hit you from different angles on offense. But now if they play like they did last night (Which is the worse they have played all year) then Vidor will win by a td. But Angleton is going to score 30+ and they will score quick and will score often. And don't kick the ball past the middle row on Kickoff's or it will be returned for a td. Every team for some reason has decided atleast once to kick it deep and it has been returned for 6. Dayton is the exception because every kickoff hit the field house[/color]  :)
[/quote]
So your saying that Angleton has ran back a kickoff every single game?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123777" timestamp="1321729368"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91843.msg1123752#msg1123752 date=1321728561]
[quote author=Wildcat979 link=topic=91843.msg1123739#msg1123739 date=1321727925]
[color=purple]Vidor season stats look just like Angleton's from years past. The same stats that people over in the Golden Triangle always pointed out but now that a team from that area is making a run, ya'll aren't pointing those stats out. Why is that? Angleton is a dang good team and if they play a complete game this game will not be close. They will hit you from different angles on offense. But now if they play like they did last night (Which is the worse they have played all year) then Vidor will win by a td. But Angleton is going to score 30+ and they will score quick and will score often. And don't kick the ball past the middle row on Kickoff's or it will be returned for a td. Every team for some reason has decided atleast once to kick it deep and it has been returned for 6. Dayton is the exception because every kickoff hit the field house[/color]  :)
[/quote]

Hope you stand by that because you just may be eating those words in a week.
[/quote]

I have no problem eating my own words. If you wanna run with Angleton for a whole game then Angleton will win. Angleton has only lost twice to [size=10pt][b]predominately running teams[/b][/size] in the last 4 years and those losses were to Central in '08 (which needed a last second screen pass to win) and El Campo last year.
[/quote]
Just so you know. Vidor is a predominately running team.  ;D

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123888" timestamp="1321731612"]
[color=purple]I'm curious too see how Coach Roark will adjust the defense for this game becuase the 'Cats base defense is a 4-2-5 so i'm sure they will drop one of the safeties down to the middle with the LB's. Angleton has a very good LB group. Correct me if I'm wrong but Vidor runs the ball from under center right? Because one problem Angleton has always had was stopping the run from the spread and especially has always had trouble with athletic QB's just like last night.
But one good thing is that you won't see many players playing both ways for them. Occasionally Ryan Jackson will come in and play some defense but only on obvious passing downs.[/color]
[/quote]
If your soft up the middle than i can almost guarantee you that you will not stop vidor. The brute of our offense, Brentyn Clark who has 996 yards this season and averaging 5.1 yards a carry, will pound you all night long and he also has the ability to break it out if you don't stop him. Montgomery saw this last night with i think a 30+ td run.

[color=purple]Angleton has 4 backs that average 8 yards per carry, with 3 having having over 50 carries. I never said they have returned a kickoff for a td every game. Impossible when other teams pooch kick every kick. Only team to not pooch kick every time was Dayton and I'm sure you know why that is. But I can tell you the kicks that have been returned by the deep man have been taken to the house. Obviously I know they are a predominately running team but like I said only 2 have beaten Angleton in the last 4 years, never did I say they lost to the only 2 running teams they faced. The middle will never be soft because the 2 LB's sit in the middle with the outside help coming from the safeties. Angleton will pound the ball up the middle with Richard Cooper who has 802 yards and averages  8.62 yards per carry and then switch it up with  Ryan Jackson (UofH commit) who has over 1500 yards and averages 9.85 yards a carry. Those will be the main 2 that will get the carries in Angleton's Wing T offense. But they rotate 4 backs that will not lose a step at all. Oh yea don't count out QB T.J. Austin who has thrown for over 1300 yards with 19 td's to 4 int's. I'm just not sure Vidor has faced the speed that Angleton is going to come with but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong [/color]

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1125216" timestamp="1321772421"]
[color=purple]Angleton has 4 backs that average 8 yards per carry, with 3 having having over 50 carries. I never said they have returned a kickoff for a td every game. Impossible when other teams pooch kick every kick. Only team to not pooch kick every time was Dayton and I'm sure you know why that is. But I can tell you the kicks that have been returned by the deep man have been taken to the house. Obviously I know they are a predominately running team but like I said only 2 have beaten Angleton in the last 4 years, never did I say they lost to the only 2 running teams they faced. The middle will never be soft because the 2 LB's sit in the middle with the outside help coming from the safeties. Angleton will pound the ball up the middle with Richard Cooper who has 802 yards and averages  8.62 yards per carry and then switch it up with  Ryan Jackson (UofH commit) who has over 1500 yards and averages 9.85 yards a carry. Those will be the main 2 that will get the carries in Angleton's Wing T offense. But they rotate 4 backs that will not lose a step at all. Oh yea don't count out QB T.J. Austin who has thrown for over 1300 yards with 19 td's to 4 int's. [b]I'm just not sure Vidor has faced the speed that Angleton is going to come with [/b] but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong [/color]
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Ozen and Central are pretty close in terms of speed... but the speed mixed with terrific execution is what will pose a problem. This oughta be a great one! Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1125216" timestamp="1321772421"]
[color=purple]Angleton has 4 backs that average 8 yards per carry, with 3 having having over 50 carries. I never said they have returned a kickoff for a td every game. Impossible when other teams pooch kick every kick. Only team to not pooch kick every time was Dayton and I'm sure you know why that is. But I can tell you the kicks that have been returned by the deep man have been taken to house. Obviously I know they are a predominately running team but like I said only 2 have beaten Angleton in the last 4 years, never did I say they lost to the only 2 running teams they faced. The middle will never be soft because the 2 LB's sit in the middle with the outside help coming from the safeties. Angleton will pound the ball up the middle with Richard Cooper who has 802 yards and averages  8.62 yards per carry and then switch it up with  Ryan Jackson (UofH commit) who has over 1500 yards and averages 9.85 yards a carry. Those will be the main 2 that will get the carries in Angleton's Wing T offense. But they rotate 4 backs that will not lose a step at all. Oh yea don't count out QB T.J. Austin who has thrown for over 1300 yards with 19 td's to 4 int's. I'm just not sure Vidor has faced the speed that Angleton is going to come with but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong [/color]
[/quote]
Every week everyone says we have not faced the speed that they have. Lets see we faced a very very speedy team in Ozen, the team that just upset the #3 in state, and by the way, we beat them! We faced a very good rushing attack in Crosby who was averaging 400+ yards a game and 33 points a game and a very very fast pair of twins and we held them to 20 points. What people don't realize is that Vidor's defense is the real deal. Playing the best defense that they have all year. We may not totally shut down your offense but i will say we will slow it down and probably slow it down enough to keep it close.

Just some more stuff for history.

After the death of Vidor's Head Football Coach J.R.Jones, Philip Brown Vidor's AD hired Nolan Viator in late 1986. Viator coach at Vidor for the 1987 and 1988 seasons.  Viator left Vidor and guess where he went?  [b]ANGLETON[/b] as their Head Coach.

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1125345" timestamp="1321803108"]

After the death of Vidor's Head Football Coach J.R.Jones, Philip Brown Vidor's AD hired Nolan Viator in late 1986. Viator coach at Vidor for the 1987 and 1988 seasons.  Viator left Vidor and guess where he went?  [b]ANGLETON[/b] as their Head Coach.
[/quote]
Is he still there Head Coach?

[quote name="ItzGood" post="1125374" timestamp="1321804792"]
Giving up 36 points to wheatley??? It should be a good game.
[/quote]

[color=purple]Yeah it was a shame giving up that many too a HISD school but their QB who is a colorado commit was legit. He had a hand in all the TD's. Had 2 td passes where he ran around for a lil while and then just found a whole and chunked it there for a score. Had 2 amazing runs over 50 yards where he just found a hole and took off. Then when Angleton had the backups in there for some reason they were passing and the same kid had 2 pick 6's 1 for 100 yards and the other for 75. [/color]

[quote name="vp32" post="1125407" timestamp="1321806546"]
[quote author=BWOOD link=topic=91843.msg1125345#msg1125345 date=1321803108]

[/quote]
[/quote]

No Coach Ryan Roark is in his 1st year

Angleton 42 Friendswood 28
Angleton 41 Brazoswood 14
Angleton 35 Dayton 27
Angleton 44 Alief Elsik 14
Angleton 36 El Campo 34
Angleton 55 Foster 36
Angleton 50 Terry 49 OT
Angleton 28 Bay City 7
Angleton 55 Brazosport 0
Angleton 48 Lamar Consolidated 13
*Angleton 48 Friendswood 21
*Angleton 65 Wheatley 36

I'll be there on Friday. As a PNG fan, I sat with the Vidor bunch Last week, I had a great time and they are so excited to still be playing. I have a good feeling they will be like our teams in the mid 70's. They will play with a lot of heart, and will not quit coming at you. Keep up the good work Pirates, you deserve a good run in the playoffs.

[quote name="vp32" post="1125407" timestamp="1321806546"]
[quote author=BWOOD link=topic=91843.msg1125345#msg1125345 date=1321803108]

[/quote]
[/quote]

No, Coach Viator passed away a few years back.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1125586" timestamp="1321817190"]
If Vidor plays next week like they did Friday, and does something completely out of their norm again playwise, Angleton is in deep dung. Because I don't think anyone can out physical them.
[/quote]

:-D they will hit you as hard in the 4th qtr as they do in the first... that you can take to the bank.... It has been a thing Vidor has always been known for no matter what the score is.... we may not beat you.... but we will beat you!! LOL

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1125627" timestamp="1321819705"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=91843.msg1125586#msg1125586 date=1321817190]
If Vidor plays next week like they did Friday, and does something completely out of their norm again playwise, Angleton is in deep dung. Because I don't think anyone can out physical them.
[/quote]

:-D they will hit you as hard in the 4th qtr as they do in the first... that you can take to the bank.... It has been a thing Vidor has always been known for no matter what the score is.... [b]we may not beat you.... but we will beat you!! LOL[/b]
[/quote]
I like that lol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder