Vidor vs. Angleton Predictions

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="1123460" timestamp="1321714770"]
[quote]So this game will take place next week at 6 in Galena Park?

Will know the time shortly..[/quote]

thank you
[/quote]

I believe the time is final now ...  6 @ Galena Park Friday. GO PIRATES!!!!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!;

[quote name="7mary3" post="1123607" timestamp="1321722178"]
Ive seen Angleton play a few times & their athletic & fast.  With that being said [b]they're probably the easiest undefeated team to beat IMO. [/b] Make'em pass and key the run.  GAME OVER.
[/quote]

I have an obvious question...Why hasn't some team beat them..?? :D

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1123444" timestamp="1321714030"]
Way to go Vidor, y'all have done what I thought wouldn't be done by our whole district and get to the third round. Great game but don't take your foot off the gas for one minute, things can change real quick, ready for the ozen -brenham game and the ned game today, along with the broncos and their pro kicker! Represent well, this png fan will be at yalls game this week since I will actually be off for once on the weekend and won't be in mynomex lol, congrats again on an impressive win. May try to get soulja to go if his woman will turn him loose for a couple of hours, y'all are doing a fine job of representing 20-4A , keep the momentum going!!!
[/quote]
Appreciate the support from PNG and the rest of the district.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1123618" timestamp="1321722672"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91843.msg1123607#msg1123607 date=1321722178]
Ive seen Angleton play a few times & their athletic & fast.  With that being said [b]they're probably the easiest undefeated team to beat IMO. [/b] Make'em pass and key the run.  GAME OVER.
[/quote]

I have an obvious question...Why hasn't some team beat them..?? :D
[/quote]

Good question.  You know how there are teams that you wonder how they haven't got beat yet?  May I present to you Angleton.  Doesn't make sense but thats how I feel about Angleton.

Ive seen Angleton play a few times & their athletic & fast.  With that being said they're probably the easiest undefeated team to beat IMO.  [b]Make'em pass[/b] and key the run.  GAME OVER.
[/quote]

Go ahead and make them pass, the QB has only  thrown for over 1300 yards and is completely accurate. 19 td's to 4 int's. Angleton has a passing game that can win games so don't count out the passing game.

Ive seen Angleton play a few times & their athletic & fast.  With that being said they're probably the easiest undefeated team to beat IMO. [b] Make'em pass and key the [/b] [b]run[/b].  GAME OVER.
[/quote]

I believe the same can be said about Vidor, but even more so. Angleton has thrown for about 1300 yards and 19 TD's so far to go along with their rushing attack. This may come down to who can make some big plays on special teams. I expect a hard hitting game from both teams, but of course being a homer I say Angleton wins 35-21.

Easiest undefeated team to beat?? If your undefeated that means you are a darn good football team, unless it's an HISD school, no disrespect. Angleton has played in argurably the 2nd best 4A district in the Houston area behind 24-4A and 23-4A had a chance to sweep the great 24-4A 2 weeks ago. That says something about the competition Angleton has played. But in any case I know Vidor is going to bring it and Angleton has to play better next week to advance.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1123675" timestamp="1321725470"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=91843.msg1123607#msg1123607 date=1321722178]
Ive seen Angleton play a few times & their athletic & fast.  With that being said they're probably the easiest undefeated team to beat IMO. [b] Make'em pass and key the [/b] [b]run[/b].  GAME OVER.
[/quote]

I believe the same can be said about Vidor, but even more so. Angleton has thrown for about 1300 yards and 19 TD's so far to go along with their rushing attack. This may come down to who can make some big plays on special teams. I expect a hard hitting game from both teams, but of course being a homer I say Angleton wins 35-21.
[/quote]

Vidor can pass when they need to and proved that last night.  Came out passing and finished it up with their bread and butter.

[color=purple]Vidor season stats look just like Angleton's from years past. The same stats that people over in the Golden Triangle always pointed out but now that a team from that area is making a run, ya'll aren't pointing those stats out. Why is that? Angleton is a damn good team and if they play a complete game this game will not be close. They will hit you from different angles on offense. But now if they play like they did last night (Which is the worse they have played all year) then Vidor will win by a td. But Angleton is going to score 30+ and they will score quick and will score often. And don't kick the ball past the middle row on Kickoff's or it will be returned for a td. Every team for some reason has decided atleast once to kick it deep and it has been returned for 6. Dayton is the exception because every kickoff hit the field house[/color]  :)

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123739" timestamp="1321727925"]
[color=purple]Vidor season stats look just like Angleton's from years past. The same stats that people over in the Golden Triangle always pointed out but now that a team from that area is making a run, ya'll aren't pointing those stats out. Why is that? Angleton is a dang good team and if they play a complete game this game will not be close. They will hit you from different angles on offense. But now if they play like they did last night (Which is the worse they have played all year) then Vidor will win by a td. But Angleton is going to score 30+ and they will score quick and will score often. And don't kick the ball past the middle row on Kickoff's or it will be returned for a td. Every team for some reason has decided atleast once to kick it deep and it has been returned for 6. Dayton is the exception because every kickoff hit the field house[/color]  :)
[/quote]

Hope you stand by that because you just may be eating those words in a week.

It's crazy that Angleton fans saying the team played it's worst game all season and the Cats put 65 points on the board. :o It was like the Cats were surprised that Wheatley punched back after going down 21-0. Coach Rourk mentioned that they lacked the killer instinct last night, but I just don't think the kids expected Wheatley to fight back. Good job by the Wheatley kids for not giving up. Angleton will need that killer instinct if they get a lead on Vidor next week.

[quote name="invictus" post="1123752" timestamp="1321728561"]
[quote author=Wildcat979 link=topic=91843.msg1123739#msg1123739 date=1321727925]
[color=purple]Vidor season stats look just like Angleton's from years past. The same stats that people over in the Golden Triangle always pointed out but now that a team from that area is making a run, ya'll aren't pointing those stats out. Why is that? Angleton is a dang good team and if they play a complete game this game will not be close. They will hit you from different angles on offense. But now if they play like they did last night (Which is the worse they have played all year) then Vidor will win by a td. But Angleton is going to score 30+ and they will score quick and will score often. And don't kick the ball past the middle row on Kickoff's or it will be returned for a td. Every team for some reason has decided atleast once to kick it deep and it has been returned for 6. Dayton is the exception because every kickoff hit the field house[/color]  :)
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no problem eating my own words. If you wanna run with Angleton for a whole game then Angleton will win. Angleton has only lost twice to predominately running teams in the last 4 years and those losses were to Central in '08 (which needed a last second screen pass to win) and El Campo last year. 

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123777" timestamp="1321729368"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91843.msg1123752#msg1123752 date=1321728561]
[quote author=Wildcat979 link=topic=91843.msg1123739#msg1123739 date=1321727925]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no problem eating my own words. If you wanna run with Angleton for a whole game then Angleton will win. Angleton has only lost twice to predominately running teams in the last 4 years and those losses were to Central in '08 (which needed a last second screen pass to win) and El Campo last year.
[/quote]

Well, it is a good thing that what has happened in the last 4 years does not really matter.  All that matters is one game.  And you are saying the same thing about Vidor that Crosby and Montgomery fans said the past two weeks.  Montgomery was giving up like 10ppg.  Vidor scored 42.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder