Vidor vs. Angleton Predictions

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angleton came from behind w/onside kick recovery to beat Dayton in gm 2,been a cpl nailbiters after.Key stop/slow down the rb (Ryan Jackson) and don't let him get to the corners.He's real quick.Vidor plays like they did for 3 qtrs tonight they can beat da Wildcats w/ball control.I like Vidor's chances ;)

First things first if Angleton plays how they did tonight they will lose, they played real sluggish.

But I think if they play like they can, then they can win. But don't think Jackson is the main guy. Cooper has really came along and is running the ball really well. TJ Austin can throw the ball real well so don't sleep on the passing game. But I will go with Angleton.

Anybody kno the location and time?

You know, I was conflicted in the Pick 'ems this week. My gut kept telling me Vidor would win but my head said there was no way. Now that Vidor's won, my gut's still saying Vidor and my head has fallen silent. Vidor has never been a team that has just sat down and quit, and that's never been more true than this year. After the season Vidor has had, I hope you guys go and win it all.

And if you keep playing like you are, you just might have a shot.

Scalp 'em, Roll Tide and Go Pirates.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1123132" timestamp="1321677622"]
[b]Gonna have to slow the game down and chew up clock[/b]. Huge test for Vidor! Pirates have already had a huge season, and if you pull off the upset in this one, I may have to buy a Vidor Pirate shirt ;D
[/quote]

That's what we do best... :) :) :)

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="1123153" timestamp="1321678331"]
If Vidor plays how they did tonight in the first half then they have a really good chance of winning. But if they give 21 unanswered points again I think Angleton will have no problem getting the W. But then again Angleton didnt play that well tonight either so it should be an interesting game
[/quote]

We're not Wheatley. Angleton has a good offense but gave up 35 points in this game. Our defense is good enough to beat them and if they can't stop our offense....hard to score when you don't have the ball. I don't expect them to go down same as Montgomery didn't same as we wouldn't. Turnovers will rule the day.

[quote name="invictus" post="1123261" timestamp="1321685760"]
They let their excitement get the best of them a little bit and Montgomery wasn't going to quit.  I'm sure Mathews will have them more settled next week.
[/quote]

Agreed. We all need to remember though that they're just kids. I know I can't control my excitement and I'm an old man.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1123280" timestamp="1321686980"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91843.msg1123261#msg1123261 date=1321685760]
They let their excitement get the best of them a little bit and Montgomery wasn't going to quit.  I'm sure Mathews will have them more settled next week.
[/quote]

Agreed. We all need to remember though that they're just kids. I know I can't control my excitement and I'm an old man.
[/quote]
Hey, I'll bet I'm a lot older than you and I still can't go to sleep!

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1123156" timestamp="1321678402"]
You know, I was conflicted in the Pick 'ems this week. [b]My gut kept telling me Vidor would win but my head said there was no way. Now that Vidor's won, my gut's still saying Vidor and my head has fallen silent[/b]. Vidor has never been a team that has just sat down and quit, and that's never been more true than this year. After the season Vidor has had, I hope you guys go and win it all.

And if you keep playing like you are, you just might have a shot.

Scalp 'em, Roll Tide and Go Pirates.
[/quote]
When it comes to picking Vidor, do what I do...Go With Your Heart!  ;)

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1123299" timestamp="1321688328"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91843.msg1123280#msg1123280 date=1321686980]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Agreed...still not sleeping. I'm afraid I'll be awake all night. Thanks alot Pirates.  ;) ;) ;)

Guest blackflag
[quote name="Sleepy1" post="1123317" timestamp="1321689862"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=91843.msg1123299#msg1123299 date=1321688328]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91843.msg1123280#msg1123280 date=1321686980]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Agreed...still not sleeping. I'm afraid I'll be awake all night. Thanks alot Pirates.  ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

I know what you mean ! THANK YOU PIRATES , THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart . You can do this

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2011&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=125861&TeamID=216&SearchType=Teams

Angleton gave up too many big plays and the box score obviously shows that. I have questioned this Defense all year and has said it will ultimately be their down fall. But too defend them a little the last 2 scores for Wheatley came via int returns for td's. Why Angleton was passing with their back ups in, no body knows. But take away the 2 pick 6's then Angleton could have put up 80.

[quote]If Vidor plays how they did tonight in the first half then they have a really good chance of winning. But if they give 21 unanswered points again I think Angleton will have no problem getting the W. But then again Angleton didnt play that well tonight either so it should be an interesting game

We're not Wheatley. Angleton has a good offense but gave up 35 points in this game. Our defense is good enough to beat them and if they can't stop our offense....hard to score when you don't have the ball. I don't expect them to go down same as Montgomery didn't same as we wouldn't. Turnovers will rule the day.[/quote]

We're not Wheatley? I dont get it? I never said yall were? I said Angleton gave up 35 to them so Vidor should be able to handle them unless they give 21 unanswered points again

Way to go Vidor, y'all have done what I thought wouldn't be done by our whole district and get to the third round. Great game but don't take your foot off the gas for one minute, things can change real quick, ready for the ozen -brenham game and the ned game today, along with the broncos and their pro kicker! Represent well, this png fan will be at yalls game this week since I will actually be off for once on the weekend and won't be in mynomex lol, congrats again on an impressive win. May try to get soulja to go if his woman will turn him loose for a couple of hours, y'all are doing a fine job of representing 20-4A , keep the momentum going!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33