Record breaking performance by PNG WR

ndn4eva

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1117943" timestamp="1321301074"]
Rumor has it that he's getting noticed by Lamar and Sam Houston, but he and his parents aren't giving out much information. I personally think he could go DI. Nelson has a way of making near-impossible catches.
[/quote]

Getting to play football in college is awesome.  Getting some or all of your education paid for, even more awesome.  Good luck to him!

6'1" and could go 200 lbs in a D1 weight program with legit 4.5 flat speed and a knack for making plays. Great hand eye, fights for the ball and usually wins, super route runner and blocks down field with the best of them.

Not sure what folks are waiting on? If he ends up at Lamar...They got a steal!

[quote name="badndn" post="1119521" timestamp="1321411575"]
6'1" and could go 200 lbs in a D1 weight program with legit 4.5 flat speed and a knack for making plays. Great hand eye, fights for the ball and usually wins, super route runner and blocks down field with the best of them.

[/quote]

Truthfully, if he ends up at Lamar I'll be a little bummed....We have "great" players year in year out in SETX...but IMO Nelson is very rare...even if he were a Bulldog or Pirate I'd still be telling my family out of state about this dude. I agree with badndn...a few lb's and he's Big12/SEC material....bold statement I know, but you just dont make some of those acrobatic catches he did without being special.

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1119753" timestamp="1321423971"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=91554.msg1119521#msg1119521 date=1321411575]

[/quote]

Truthfully, if he ends up at Lamar I'll be a little bummed....We have "great" players year in year out in SETX...but IMO Nelson is very rare...even if he were a Bulldog or Pirate I'd still be telling my family out of state about this dude. I agree with badndn...a few lb's and he's Big12/SEC material....bold statement I know, but you just dont make some of those acrobatic catches he did without being special.
[/quote]Lamar im seeing doesnt evaluate talent very well. They let players such as Brennen Doty , Gonzales from LCM, Lunsford the lineman from PNG and many many others just to name a few leave from this area without even recruiting them. My question is what lucky program will benefit from him playing for the next 4 years for them. Any word on who has shown interest in Jace. The young man has a huge upside to him. I have watched him play in every game in his high school career and havent seen anyone even when he is double teamed stop him yet. Faircloth in my opinion didnt throw to him enough.

look I know you love your guy and that's great.  Please get on Rivals or Scout and look at the size speed and highlight tapes of receivers who have committed to SEC schools.  I hope that he has a chance to play college football so you can continue to follow him.  Just not sure why you have to go to such extremes.  I know it is going to shock you, but being an outstanding player for PNG does not mean that you are one of the best in the country.  You are doing the young man a diservice by making such statements. 

[quote name="magic" post="1122065" timestamp="1321645340"]
look I know you love your guy and that's great.  Please get on Rivals or Scout and look at the size speed and highlight tapes of receivers who have committed to SEC schools.  I hope that he has a chance to play college football so you can continue to follow him.  Just not sure why you have to go to such extremes.  I know it is going to shock you, but being an outstanding player for PNG does not mean that you are one of the best in the country.  You are doing the young man a diservice by making such statements.
[/quote]

Thanks for your insight, we know what Rivals and Scout are...you can go back to kicking puppies and telling children that Santa isn't real now.

[quote name="magic" post="1122065" timestamp="1321645340"]
[/quote]
I'm a realist. I have posted on here before that I think he could play and produce at a high level in the CUSA or MWC. Is he a Big 12 or SEC talent? Could be. He has skills comprable to Jaxson Shipley, but he doesnt have the hype Shipley had due to his brother. I think he would be a great fit at UH or SMU the way they throw the ball.

I also know that PNG does not produce big time D1 talent year in and year out, but the past two years we have seen a couple of special players in Doty and Nelson. Doty is now at Oregon. He may never see the field, but he has impressed on scout team as a red shirt fish according to the Ducks staff. He is another one I thought would have excelled at UH, SMU or even La Tech.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty