Central players say 2-8 season not coaches fault

[quote name="77" post="1110779" timestamp="1320940574"]
I have never seen so much press for a losing season, the press needs to leave these guys alone and let them start preparing for next season. I'am refering to the news paper not this site.
[/quote]That's simple.  It's because we've went from the 20-4a kings to  a bottom rung doormat in one season.  Everyone knows why and the media are trying to get it out, but the responsible party are not taking responsibility.  Of course, this is my opinion.

Im not questioning your knowledge BMT Soulja but have you ever played Football? Central made alot of mistakes off/def throughout the whole year.But this is the same staff that went 3 Deep in2009 Won outright District Title in 2010  and know you want to fire these guys for what having a bad season.The same OC for the previous 2 years put up more yardage than the previous OC in the last 5 years. Is Livingston going to fire Rowe they were picked to WIN District and they are watching just like the Jags .The kids and coaches both made mistakes . You probably think they should fire the Colts coachimg staff.

[quote name="mamajag" post="1109406" timestamp="1320794723"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91150.msg1109337#msg1109337 date=1320790129]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=91150.msg1109177#msg1109177 date=1320782970]
easy there Soulja, your going to blow a gasket! :)
[/quote] ;D
[/quote] They blamed it on no spring practice, then they blamed it on the football boys are not used to playing in front of a big crowd, they say the boys didnt listen to the coaches, they talked back! but nobody never blamed it on the sorry oc calling! they played 5 minutes with 10 men on the field and the coaches didnt noticed that! wow, give me a break.!
[/quote][quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91150.msg1109337#msg1109337 date=1320790129]
[/quote] ;DI would like to know what game they played with 10 players
[/quote]

[quote name="BigJag" post="1111124" timestamp="1320954150"]
[quote author=mamajag link=topic=91150.msg1109406#msg1109406 date=1320794723]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91150.msg1109337#msg1109337 date=1320790129]
[/quote] ;D
[/quote] They blamed it on no spring practice, then they blamed it on the football boys are not used to playing in front of a big crowd, they say the boys didnt listen to the coaches, they talked back! but nobody never blamed it on the sorry oc calling! they played 5 minutes with 10 men on the field and the coaches didnt noticed that! wow, give me a break.!
[/quote][quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91150.msg1109337#msg1109337 date=1320790129]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I agree thats not good

[quote name="BigJag" post="1111111" timestamp="1320953815"]
Im not questioning your knowledge BMT Soulja but have you ever played Football? Central made alot of mistakes off/def throughout the whole year.But this is the same staff that went 3 Deep in2009 Won outright District Title in 2010  and know you want to fire these guys for what having a bad season.The same OC for the previous 2 years put up more yardage than the previous OC in the last 5 years. Is Livingston going to fire Rowe they were picked to WIN District and they are watching just like the Jags .The kids and coaches both made mistakes . You probably think they should fire the Colts coachimg staff.
[/quote]No, I've never played football, but I am a student of the game and have been now for well over a decade.  The reason why we were successful in 2009 was because those kids and the kids from the 2010 squad were Stower's leftovers.  Those kids were going to be good reguardless.  When it came down to actually getting the kids prepared, they came out on the bottom rung. Even in 2009, you saw the mess when we were dismantled by a Friendswood team that have just graduated their blue chipper QB. That QB was a first year kid that simply torched us.  In 2010, we were outcoached in the game Vs. Humble and the coach went on air and said we lost becuase we were outmanned.  (I doubt that you made either of these games.  Is so,  you wouldn't be asking this question). Livingston started the losing trend after their 10+ YPC rb went down for the season.  When you're missing a kid like that from a run orientated offense, you will struggle, reguardless.  They Colt's coaching staff?  Yes.  Last I've seen, Payton Manning does not play defense and their defense is currently amongst the last in the league.

[quote name="BigJag" post="1111124" timestamp="1320954150"]
[/quote] ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]The game Vs. Lumberton.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1111229" timestamp="1320957575"]
[quote author=BigJag link=topic=91150.msg1111124#msg1111124 date=1320954150]
[/quote] ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]The game Vs. Lumberton.
[/quote]

Yeah BMTSoulja1, and if I remember correctly, they were shutout against Lumberton 27 - 0.

I have to agree with SFA, Central went away from it's identity, which was smash mouth football on both sides of the ball.  They would pound you, wear you down, which setup the play action, and every now and then they would get you with a pass.

I saw it last year.  The first 3 or 4 games they tried the spread, and I'm not sure, but I think it was in the middle of the Ozen game they switched back to the I and started running the ball and had success.  The O-line is not accustomed to blocking for the spread offense.  It's the exact opposite at UT.  All of the years under Vince and Colt they ran the spread. They switched to the I-formation with Gilbert and suffered.  They are transitioning because the linemen are learning how to block for the I-formation or Pro-formation.

I guess Coach Washington looked at his peronnel and thought that they were better suited for the spread offense.  However, in most of the games that I saw last year and this year, they were out-coached and looked unprepared versus their opponent.

Against Westbrook and P.A. Memorial, they were not ready for the short kickoff, and then they did not execute the short kickoff well and gave each team very good starting field position.  Throw in the penalties, turnovers, and inexperience, and there you have it, a losing season.  Win, lose, or draw, it's on the coaches.  I think that Washington will stay at least one more year.  You have to give the kids credit, considering the coaching carousel at Central over the last 5 to 10 years.

i have been to lot of central games throught out my life time and i would like to point this out. central has enough talent to do whatever off/ or def they want traditionally. it they are going to run spread then they must open it up and spread teams vertically and horizontally. this yr they didnt have a receiver that threatened anybody when team like vidor, lumberton, png, livingston, and ozen play man. so naturally teams put more people in the box to stop the run. the rb this yr werent as fast, shifty, and as good as the ones from the past. not to mention that they too didnt put fear in opposing  coaches heart. since we are referencing lumberton game,  rememer that the backs got caught from behind not at an angle just ran down from behind twice in that game. so i would put 8 or 9 in the box cause their is no home run threat!! the qb goes down and he was the only threat they had this yr with his feet, cause again he didnt throw the ball and they couldnt out run anybody in the district. when he got hurt the other kid was just a dont loose the game qb. he didnt threaten any body with his feet or arm. every team that faced him put 8 or 9 people in the box. The offenses line was the best group offensively but not much you can do when everybody in the stadium know that you are going to run because wr dont run by anybody, qb aint throwing the ball, the qb is the runner, the backup qb cant throw or run, running back arent a threat but i know the play is a run so i guess or i know i will put 9 in the box!

defensively they were a soft bunch of kids. they played tough against spread teams but when teams run right at you  kids get soft. think about it teams that ran right at us just tatolly knocked us right of the ball. fast in some position but slow at other spots.

i agree coaching  was some missed opportunites

This team is a result of lack of coaching when these kids were freshman and sophmores when Stowers was there he was worried about the lower levels they was ready. plus i see a result of not having a off-season. but the hidden agenda is everybody wants to say it's the coaches.... name somebody that would take a head coaching job in Beaumont thats from out of town.... BISD change coaches like the weather change but want to complain when the team not doing well. just like anything you it takes time to build a program. I hate we had a season like this but we'll be back next year Promise U That ;)

Just an outsider looking in so excuse my questioning and I mean not to offend anyone but these are all key questions when talking about change:

1) Does Central have an off-season program every day for 9-11?
2) Is the talent or coaching level falling off or is it both?
3) How in the world do you play with 10 players on defense for 5 minutes with a defensive coord. / head coach / and coaches in the press box looking at the game?
4) How did the sub varsity and feeder schools do and are they being coached up?

Central, since its existence, has always been known for its defense. Central will be back on top soon. Their Freshman team was very good and fun to watch. The QB is very talented and gonna be a star for the next 3 years. Robert will gain his confidence back over the offseason. With a few subtle scheme changes defensively and a more balanced offensive attack and blocking scheme to help Mitchell (like last year), they will look alot different next year as oppossed to this year. Washington has been there since the beginning and knows what it takes! Discipline, work ethic, and putting the boys in the best positions to succeed. You gotta believe in the boys and the coaching staff. It takes both!

i was glad when coach Washington got the job at chs due to he's local and wont use the job as a stepping stone for something better BUT, i have to blame the coaching staff for CHS downfall, i noticed in last year's district champs, they was content after beating LHS and went to PNG and got drove all over that field, its hard to believe PNG was that dominate over CHS, coaches have to step in and motivate the players to win, in that game there was no intensity or urgency to win, not taking away from PNG, they have a great team, but CHS could have put up a fight, so i saw this rolling over to this season, lack of urgency/pride . can't blame the qb getting hurt, this season, he only had 1 win before that injury against Galveston ball, and everybody beat them, hopefully they get it together next season! >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder