that was...... alsmost comical

passed disgust, entered comical early

[u]one positive--Ray ray benched players[/u].  Talking with a player's parent..said jj hayes and the other wr were benched for attitude problems..said team had NO discipline, no respect, showing up late , etc...inmates running the asylum

this offensive line? non existent...kudos to prewitt/harmon/vinson for making it out alive--prewitt took an absolute beating ...dont know how he kept getting up

our defense? well, there is none

And good game @ wr for Kevin Smith..good things come when you bust your arse..2 shoulder surgies, qb career over..kept that chin up and bingo--TD reception

time to dump players and coaches...starting with the def coordinator and dim whitten

after this, i'm not so sure the big wigs are gonna be to patient with ray ray either

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106549" timestamp="1320549048"]
Not even two years into a start up football program and you are calling for coaches heads............pretty ridiculous!!!!!!!
[/quote]

i dont think you can watch that game and not say there should changes with [b]the O and D coordinators[/b]..[u]ridiculous[/u] would be saying they are getting it done..

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106549" timestamp="1320549048"]
Not even two years into a start up football program and you are calling for coaches heads............pretty ridiculous!!!!!!!
[/quote]were you watching the same game? worst offensive playcalling ive EVER seen

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106585" timestamp="1320550909"]
Yep.  I was there. Standing on the sidelines!!!!
[/quote]well on that note if you dont want anyone gone who are you related to on the coaching staff?

Not related to anyone.

Some guys on here act as if the LU Football program has been around for years.  How do you expect great players to come here to a start up program.  Gonna take time.  Give this coaching staff 3-5 years.  If it is not getting the job done then you have to consider all options.  There is no doubt that Coach Woodard has what it takes. 

It is so funny how quick people will turn their backs on the team and coaches once they lose games.  If they were winning it would be the best coaching staff in the conference.  Right????

How many starters are out right now???  Would they make up 50 something points, not likely but would make a big difference.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1106605" timestamp="1320551401"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=91044.msg1106585#msg1106585 date=1320550909]
[/quote]

[b]can you honestly say[/b].....you think the O and D coordinators are getting it done?
[/quote]

I am a fan, not a coach or someone worthy of judging a coach!!!  The same as you are.  You have your opinion, and everyone has theirs!!!

[quote name="cardinal" post="1106608" timestamp="1320551484"]
[/quote]

Excellent.  Perhaps you are one of the coaches.  Do us a favor and find a new profession.
[/quote]

It is fair weather fans like you cardinal why LU lost it's program in 89!!!!!  Give them a chance!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106611" timestamp="1320551504"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=91044.msg1106605#msg1106605 date=1320551401]
[/quote]

[b]can you honestly say[/b].....you think the O and D coordinators are getting it done?
[/quote]

I am a fan, not a coach or someone worthy of judging a coach!!!  The same as you are.  You have your opinion, and everyone has theirs!!!
[/quote]

i think you are more than qualified to answer that simple question

I had sour grapes about that, but Tubbs did nothing while he was here the second go round.  And Roc had no excuse.  He was Tubbs Assistant and was doing the recruiting the entire time!!!

And once again........The Hoop program was already in place.  Not a start up program.

I am not saying that somethings don't need to be tweaked, but a complete overhaul is not needed.  Get healthy, get some confidence and things will change.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106645" timestamp="1320553051"]
I had sour grapes about that, but Tubbs did nothing while he was here the second go round.  And Roc had no excuse.  He was Tubbs Assistant and was doing the recruiting the entire time!!!

And once again........The Hoop program was already in place.  Not a start up program.

I am not saying that somethings don't need to be tweaked, but a complete overhaul is not needed.  Get healthy, get some confidence and things will change.
[/quote]

i don't think a new o and d coordinator would be a "complete" overhaul...nor would be letting players go that arent following the rules

we're new, so bammy is new..we are getting spanked..they are hanging with nc st and kent st...
[u]help explain that[/u]..yeah, they are 3rd year..their first was spent playing prep schools

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106645" timestamp="1320553051"]

[/quote]

He only won his 600th game. Got Alan Daniels here (both from Tulsa) and he is the best player we have had in the last decade. He only coached the second time 3 years and was 18-11 his second year and 17-14 his third.

Then as AD, we wouldn't even have a football program if it wasn't for Tubbs. I got that straight from Dr Simmons and if you don't believe him that is on you.

Mike Deane was 15-16, 9-18, 15-14 and 13-14 and you were stating many times he needed more time.

Roc, I agree with you he was given time and couldn't produce.

I don't think everyone want's a complete overhaul of the coaching staff but if you can't see that our offense and defense is worse than last year you are just too close to the coaching staff (I'm talking being friends with them).

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106613" timestamp="1320551556"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=91044.msg1106608#msg1106608 date=1320551484]
[/quote]

Excellent.  Perhaps you are one of the coaches.  Do us a favor and find a new profession.
[/quote]

It is fair weather fans like you cardinal why LU lost it's program in 89!!!!!  Give them a chance!!!
[/quote]

I am not throwing in the towel after 2 seasons .  Last year we were happy to have a team playing again.  This year we are looking for one-year's worth of improvement.  Not seeing much.  I am not demanding wins at this point but I am expecting LU to begin competing.  My clock says that Coach Woodard should have 4 full seasons to produce a good product. That means my expectations project us to be at least in the middle of the SLC pack in the next two seasons.  I certainly hope that we didn't have a bunch of potential recruits at tonight's game. :P

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106606" timestamp="1320551425"]
Not related to anyone.

Some guys on here act as if the LU Football program has been around for years.  How do you expect great players to come here to a start up program.  Gonna take time.  Give this coaching staff 3-5 years.  If it is not getting the job done then you have to consider all options.  There is no doubt that Coach Woodard has what it takes. 

It is so funny how quick people will turn their backs on the team and coaches once they lose games.  If they were winning it would be the best coaching staff in the conference.  Right????

This has to be one of the dumbest posts ever.!  Of course we'd think the coaches were great if we were winning!  Duh, that is the point.!  We aren't and we are getting embarrassed!

How many starters are out right now???  Would they make up 50 something points, not likely but would make a big difference.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder