Is Singleton one of the Top 3 QBs in P.A. history?

[quote name="mypooh" post="1105547" timestamp="1320472125"]
Let's see how deep this playoff run is first there Buddy. The Roberts brother where pretty good at LHS/PAM in the late 90's and early 2000. LHS had a pretty good in 85 Ken Vaughn. Just to name a few. TJ had Lance Landry and Robert Ford in the late 80's.
[/quote]

I agree. Singleton probably in top 10 though.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1105577" timestamp="1320473954"]
aw youngsters..

Best qb outta Port Arthur was Gary Hammond..by a landslide

http://www.museumofthegulfcoast.org/personalities-sports-legends-gary-hammond.html
[/quote]

Bleep Hammond.  Kenneth Ford was the first run and pass for over 1,000 yards while leading SFA to the semi's in '86....

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1105577" timestamp="1320473954"]
aw youngsters..

Best qb outta Port Arthur was Gary Hammond..by a landslide

http://www.museumofthegulfcoast.org/personalities-sports-legends-gary-hammond.html
[/quote]

Yep, Gary could do ANYTHING my dad says...I used to hear stories about him all the time when I was growing up!

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1107839" timestamp="1320688306"]
Singleton has 2,000+ yds passing & over 1,000 yds rushing. I don't recall any QB from here (p.a.) doing that.
[/quote]

This is a new ERA of football. This is the pass to set up the run era. Buddy I don't know your age but it's like watching today QB in the NFL and comparing them to Joe Montana. Throwing for 300 yards used to happen every blue moon now it's more of the norm. LOL!! Terrance has been one of the best but you can't compare this era to the era that has passed. There are football flying all over the field left and right. I know that James Brown was the best in the area in the 90's along with Chip Ambrose. It would be interesting to see if they complied those numbers. Them two guys where easily on a different level. If they didn't manage to post those type numbers you will be able to see the point about different brand of football in diferent era.
They both would of been awesome spread QB. Yes I used Beaumont QB when you said PA history but it was to make a point. I think the 2000 yards passing and 1000 rushing would of been the some as a 1000/1000 back in the early era.

O trust I get what you saying, but defense at most schools that where on PAM schedule was a after thought. Bad tackling, players out of postion and blown coverage DB looking at each other like who's man was that it. I give him his credit but you can't compare what he did on number alone. I've had the pleasure of watching him since he was a freshman. He has the whole offense down. Uses damn good judgement with the football.The number that may make him Top three is the TD/INT ratio which is 19/7. That is a awesome number for a high school QB.

[quote name="IPissExcellence" post="1108281" timestamp="1320711404"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=90993.msg1108271#msg1108271 date=1320711055]
O trust I get what you saying, but defense at most schools that where on PAM schedule was a after thought. Bad tackling, players out of postion and blown coverage DB looking at each other like who's man was that it. I give him his credit but you can't compare what he did on number alone. I've had the pleasure of watching him since he was a freshman. He has the whole offense down. Uses dang good judgement with the football.The number that may make him Top three is the TD/INT ratio which is 19/7. That is a awesome number for a high school QB.
[/quote]
I agree 100%.. I been to all the games and a lot of there practices, his QB coach does a great job with him.. He turned an athlete playing quarterback into a Quarterback that's an athlete if you understand what I'm saying!!
[/quote]

IPissExcellence + Karma for the username alone lol

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1108294" timestamp="1320712347"]
[quote author=IPissExcellence link=topic=90993.msg1108281#msg1108281 date=1320711404]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=90993.msg1108271#msg1108271 date=1320711055]
O trust I get what you saying, but defense at most schools that where on PAM schedule was a after thought. Bad tackling, players out of postion and blown coverage DB looking at each other like who's man was that it. I give him his credit but you can't compare what he did on number alone. I've had the pleasure of watching him since he was a freshman. He has the whole offense down. Uses dang good judgement with the football.The number that may make him Top three is the TD/INT ratio which is 19/7. That is a awesome number for a high school QB.
[/quote]
I agree 100%.. I been to all the games and a lot of there practices, his QB coach does a great job with him.. He turned an athlete playing quarterback into a Quarterback that's an athlete if you understand what I'm saying!!
[/quote]

The QB coach and the staff did a excellant job with him no doubt. ( For some reason I think I'm talking to the QB coach). They did a good job in getting him some pretty good targets to throw too. LOL

IPissExcellence + Karma for the username alone lol
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86